University of Houston-Victoria Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Houston-Victoria

Valerie

Overall, the campus is okay. Its pretty small for a university. Most of the people are nice. However, for my degree in education I have had a lot of trouble with educational advisors, professors, and the program overall. The university is best for business, not for education. The program for secondary teachers does not fully prepare you with their courses and it is needed for the State tests to become a teacher. There has also been a lot of sexual (un-safe) and drug use in the dorms as well.

Claudia

The University of Houston- Victoria has become my home. I have been attending the school for three years and have had an excellent experience not only academically but with my peers and the faculty. I Like that the professors are wanting to help you and have an interest in your well being.

Uyen

My overall opinion about University of Houston-Victoria is I don't dislike or love the school but I do love the area. it's a small school which is great but the not so great is the motel like dorm and fire alarm going off at 3-5am i think it's unnecessary for practices when there are students having to wake up 6-7am for class. Also, the cost of the dorm are so expensive to the point that every students I talked to would rather get an apartment and drive to school than stay in the dorm.

Abrisha

University of houston-victoria is a great campus and you can learn a lot at this small campus. This campus has great professors and tutors that work with you and around your schedule. The people are awesome and full of life and everybody is easy to talk too. This campus may be overlooked by the other known campuses but this one is on the come up to becoming bigger and better than ever.

Jesse

The campus of University of Houston-Victoria is one of the most interesting campuses from visiting other campuses. This campus is very encouraging to pursue my studies and enjoy for relaxation time. This campus is very enthusiastic about helping their students in any kind of way and encourages the students to make their mark and grow as an independent individual.

UHV is a very welcoming campus, it is not gigantic, it is actually the perfect size. The classes are right on, not too full, just the right amount. The only thing that is not very cool, is the fact that the city is very small, and there is almost nothing to do.

Brianna

This school has a variety of academics available both online and offline. The teachers are nice and all seem to have a positive review on RateMyProfessor, so if a student is curious about how a teacher works through their class, a review of them exists. All of the advisors and students that I have worked with are well spoken and very helpful, and the school is affordable.

Heaven

Overall, I love the atmosphere of my college and how small it is. Due to the fact I can access my teachers easier and understand the criteria. Furthermore, the classes and housing are a familiar hospitable scene I am glad to have and became comfortable almost immediately. Lastly, there is more chance to get opportunities for yourself not as much competition as there would be elsewhere.

Lordina

My overall opinion of University of Houston-Victoria is great. Everyone here is friendly and always willing to help as long as you are willing to ask for help. The classes are very inclusive and we partake in discussions to allow us to fully understand the lectures.

Faizon

I really do enjoy the atmosphere here at UHV however, residence life and the dining hall are a pain. The professors are incredible and the class size makes it even more possible to get to know your instructor on a personal level. Oppose to other larger institutions networking here at UHV is very easy which will open many doors for you in the future.

April

I am enrolled in online classes and have enjoyed the experience very much. I am a working mom so it is very important to have the campus close to my home. I am hoping to one day be a professor here at UHV. I love the community involvement and how much the school's reputation is respected here. I can't wait to further my education here and perhaps someday even get my doctorate degree!

Natasha

This is an amazing campus. It's cheap, small, and a variety of people here to help you in any and every way imaginable. The professors are extremely involved in your academics and are here to make sure you succeed. The University of Houston-Victoria is a great school.

As a current student, the University has an overall excellent environment. The professors and staff are always on point. Student Life almost always has something going for students to be involved in. Sure Victoria may be small, but UHV is a small University, so it is a perfect place to attend. Plus the new Commons Center is going to be a wonderful new addition to the University. #GoJags

Adriana

I really like, there are so many things they can do for you here, career wise , they are friendly and help you if needed and I can learn better here.

Victoria

Overall I feel The University of Houston-Victoria is a great campus. University of Houston-Victoria is dedicated to providing students with the opportunities they need to full fill their college dream. The main campus located in the small city of Victoria, Texas. The town is very small and does not have many places to go. The mall has very limited stores. UHV offers many courses leading to bachelor’s and master’s degree programs and concentrations and my first year here I have learned that they are getting new programs. UHV is a great experience for someone looking for an education in a smaller atmosphere. The classroom sizes are small so it is easy to interact with others. I have made lifelong friends here. Honestly, the quality of education has so far been great and I actually got to know all of my professors. Most of my professors have made it easy to get a hold of and are always very welcoming. UHV is ranked the seventh most affordable public university in Texas, and our Office of Financial Aid is committed to helping students get the most aid possible, whether that is through scholarships, grants or loans. Living on campus has provided me with many new freedoms and personal choices. I have been fortunate to live with some of my golf team members and is has made the transition so much easier. The cafeteria food is in need of improvement. I have had to purchase the meal plan here at UHV and I feel like I eat the same thing every day.

Briana

I absolutely love the University of Houston-Victoria. I actually transferred to this university from a much bigger university last May (therefore I've been attending the University of Houston-Victoria for nearly a year and a half) and I LOVE IT here! Because the size of this university is much smaller than I was previously accustomed to, I was pleasantly surprised with the quick access to facilities and faculty here on campus (no more LONG waiting lines). This is a fantastic university that I recommend and it is a great place to get a higher education.

Leocardia

From what I've seen, it's an amazing school, so comfortable and homey. The class sizes are quite small compared to huge universities, which is why it stood out to me, it's better to learn in a small environment. When I went to visit, I had no intention of applying to this school but the more I learned about it, the more I felt the need to stay at the university, so I went home and applied there.

PRECIOUS

The University of Houston Victoria is a great college. Sometimes there are intellectual conversations outside of class. At the University of Houston Victoria, they live for the game. Their campus contains beautiful sightseeing pictures

Mary

My overall opinion on UHV is that it’s a very flexible school and meets a lot of students needs and wants . At UHV students never feel like they are just some other student in the classroom, they are very comfortable with asking questions and making friends.

Emilea

Academics are way better than the housing aspect of this University. The majority of professors actually care about the students success. Rez Life as a whole is unprofessional and the way they do room checks is bad. For example, my first living area sophomore year my roommates were nasty and the RA passed our room check when I knew for a fact we failed because of the nasty habits they had.

Angelina

University of Houston - Victoria is a small campus as of right now but it is growing each year and there are always changes each year to make student's have an even better college experience. There are several building under construction and more being planned for the future. I find the atmosphere of the university to be relaxing and I feel very safe on campus. The classrooms are updates with the tools to help teachers teach well for the sometimes large class sizes. Many of the instructors drive in from out of town however, so many times there are no office hours so questions must be asked in class or via email. Though this is the case, the instructors are great and communicating with students on a daily basis. I would recommend this university to other students as I feel that I am getting a good quality education here.

Brendan

I believe that university of houston victoria is a relly good school a i cant personally see any flaw in anything they offer. The only downside is the location doesnt speak with the college very well. I also believe that the school is relativly new so its a good thing because they are still adding lots of stuff.

Hailey

This university is the perfect one to go into right out of high school! I was very nervous about college, but then I found UHV. The faculty and staff are very approachable and easy to talk to, and they make sure that you are getting the best out of the university. My fellow students are always looking to help in any way they can, and the tutoring center is always available if I am struggling in a class.