University of Idaho Top Questions

Hardworking and determined students, who are always willing to work together on assignments

M

The student body is mostly students from Idaho or Washington. There is a small international population here, mostly from the Middle East, China, or Brazil. Students tend to be socially driven. From my experience, Idaho is a very conservative state, however Moscow is very liberal. So you will find a mix of the two in the University.

Venessa Steinlicht

My classmates are very open-minded, helpful, and kind people whom I never experienced any problems within or outside the classroom.

Yuri

One of the things I like the most about the Universithy of Idaho is my classmates, all from different and very diverse backgrounds there for the same reasons you are. The fact that most of them are young makes a big difference as well.

Lindsay

Our students are diverse. No one is the same which makes the experience at the University of Idaho so exciting.

Ali

The student body is very diverse at my school. We have student organizations that incorporate all different groups on campus. We have a wide variety of religious gropus and socio-economical groups on campus. We have a LGBT club here also, and are a very well know group that push equality for all people through many on campus events. We also have a Womens Center on campus that work for women equality, counseling and also works closely with the LGBT community. We have many groups that believe very different things but my experience is that they all respect each other and what they stand for.

Rebecca

As I mentioned earlier, the students on campus are all very diverse, so I don't think it is possible for someone to feel out of place.Some students prefer to dress up, especially if it is necessary for a class, and some will walk to class in their sweats or something casual. Most of the students are from Idaho, but there are also a lot of people from California, Washington, and Oregon.

Rebecca

As I mentioned earlier, the students on campus are all very diverse. There are farmers, LGBT supporters, students from rural and urban areas, and foreign exchange kids. With all of the diversity, I don't think it is possible for someone to feel out of place.Some students prefer to dress up, especially if it is necessary for the business program, and some will walk to class in their sweats. Most of the students are from Idaho, but there are also a lot of people from California, Washington, and Oregon.

Anthony

I mostly have interaction with other Greek students on campus. Hardly any of the students are first generation college students, and many are legacies at U of I. The Greek system is made up of predominantly white students from middle and upper class families. About 60-75 percent of students have a car with them on campus. There is lots of support for LGBT students on campus, and a few clubs are extremely loud on campus about LGBT rights, making some conservative students uncomfortable in the last year. Most of the kids at U of I grew up in Idaho, which does not have a lot of LGBT issues come up in the state. U of I may not be the best choice for LGBT students, with the number of conservative kids at the school. The bullying that goes on in high school does not get better in colleges, and can many times get worse. There is a sharp divide between Greek and non-Greek students. Greeks are usually involved in student organizations, and it is unusual to see a non-Greek student within student government. Many residence hall students stay within their halls and close group of friends throughout their entire college career, and you never see them on campus. They tend to be quieter and less active in things like intramural sports; completely the opposite of Greek students.

Shae

A lot of my class mates are really nice. Some are a little stuck up, but that is the nature of a heavy greek system here.

Jarae

In the classrooms, the students are very curious of one another and very involved.

Melanie

My classemates are intelligant and competitve people, who will one day be my competion in the work force.

Reuben

At the University of Idaho their seams to be some kids that don't have any drive but most of the kids i meet in my enginearing classes seam to to be driven and motivated to do well and get their degree.

Chelsie

Some of my classmates are very talkative, and some are very willing to learn what the professor is saying.

Jesse

My classmates are a pretty tame bunch. In my beginning drawing class they all think they are too good to be in beginning drawing and therefore can never achieve and A grade, but ither than that everyone I know is very nice.

Bonnie

They all vary and are uinque in their own specific ways, which makes learning an exciting and eventful experience with them.

Nicholas

My classmates are fun and enjoyable people to be around.

Amy

Students here put a lot of focus on partying and drinking; they are often submerged in thier own world with the same people all the time.

Jeff

They don't put as much effort into school as they should.

Dustin

Liberal outspoken people.

Jack

people that are out going and friendy and very easy to work with

Daniel

Energetic, spirited, intelligent , hardworking individuals.

Maria

Differnt but collective fun group of creative people.

They are a goofy bunch, who enjoy staying up for days playing the latest video game.

Anna

My classmates are fun, smart, friendly people that know how to focus on school and how to have a good time on the weekend.

Bethany

They are hard-workers who engage in their classes like they want to get something out of them.

Jenny

Fun drunks who failed to do their work mos tof the time yet still passed their classes and graduated on time

Matthew

An intresting blend of drunk frat boys, hicks, librals, jocks, and intlectuals. A lot of Aisan forgen exchange students.

Smart, outgoing, goal-oriented teammates.