University of Illinois at Springfield Top Questions

Johnel

I felt that the experience is one in which I would not like to have again. It was a complete waste of money for me . I am now attending Benedictine University in Springfield, you did not have this option to choose for schools. The difference is night and day. It is more expensive, I am looking to apply for scholarships that might fit my needs. Thank you.

Brianna

Cost. UIS is a very affordable school. Unfortunately, in today's economy, that's not saying much.

Owen

I'm very happy that I went to school here and it is a great school. It's really a hidden gem of a campus. I think it will be cool to come back here as an alum and visit 10 years from now and see how it has grown. Really can't complain about much, it has been great for my education and future !! :-)

Amy

The online learning capabilities are amazing at UIS. The professors also seem very engaged in the learning process, which helps students do the same. The location of UIS is great! The city of Springfield is big enough to have activities and employment opportunities unlike other schools I considered.

Andy

UIS students let us know what they wish they'd known about life here before coming.

Andy

UIS students give us the scoop on the best and worst attributes of their campus. The verdict; small class sizes are a plus, but overall better organization is desired.

Andy

University of Illinois at Springfield student Kirstin gives us a brief tour of money-saving tips and tricks.

Andy

You should see our fountain, it's amazing. I'm not sure why exactly they picked a colonnade or who thought it fit our campus style perfectly, but there it stands in all its glory, an open invitation to run straight through it. I've had more than one friend injure themselves in that fountain. Good times.

Craig

It seems very detached from the local community, so it is segregated.

Shana

Class size (small), access to great internships (especially political/legal internship)