University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Top Questions

What do people really wear to class?

Jayme

You can wear whatever you want to class. In some of my classes there are over two hundred people, so I head over in sweatpants or something comfortable. In my upper level classes that have fewer people and we interact more with the professor, I definitely look more decent and wear jeans or something similar, but still casual. People wear whatever they want and there is a wide range. Some girls get dressed up and wear full faces of makeup, while some people look like they rolled out of bed, and some look like they came straight from the bar. It is pretty much whatever you want!

Most people wear very casual clothing. Most guys wear jeans and a t-shirt, while girls can range from jeans and a shirt, to sweatpants and a t-shirt, to nice boots, leggings, and a fancy top. Guys are very relaxed here, as are many of the girls, but you know- there are always the girls and guys that like to look nice all day, every day. Honestly, you can wear whatever you want and no one will think twice about it.