University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Top Questions

Ryan

everyone

Someone who can thrive in a large public university should attend this school. The ideal student is someone who is ready to take advantage of all the opportunities presented by this diverse campus in order to get the most out of their time here. Participate and study hard, but also relax responsibly and enjoy your time here.

Holly

People who thrive on diversity! The selling point for me when it came to picking University of illinois Urbana-Champaign was when I came down here to visit my friend. Upon meeting the group, I immediately felt a connection to these people as if we'd been friends for years instead of only minutes. Also the size of the town is ideal. I come from a small city a bit larger than this, but it has that big city energy with the small town setting. You get the feeling of being in a traditional college town.

Brandon

Those who are confident about their future and want to ensure their success in life should attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The reason I say this is because a close friend of mine thought he knew what he wanted to do in life, but wasn't motivated enough to power through the coursework to get there. He suffered from depression as a result. I had a similar situation. I knew what I wanted, but I did not do well initially. I have since redeemed myself because I want to succeed.

Mary

Someone who is interested in developing themselves as a professional student.

Academically focused, intelligent, capable of team work, social, fun loving, interactive, imaginative, creative and dedicated people will find this school challenging and rewarding. This school will give back what students put in. Great environment for learning and social development.

Kailyn

I feel that anyone who wants a typical college experience should attend this school. This college seems like it is right out of the movies. It is a big campus and offers anything that anyone could ever want. When looking at "top colleges lists" on the internet I feel that the University of Illinois makes almost all of them. We are known for our academics, greek life, beatiful campus, fun, sports and overall being worth the time and money. Almost everyone that goes to this school finds a way to fit in and love it.

Meghan

I think anyone who is intrinsically motivated and has a strong work ethic should attend U of I. Also, anyone with fairly good time management skills should go here, someone who can get their work done but at the same time knows when to have fun. Finally, a U of I student should be aware of the diverse student population and bear an open mind when interacting with people of different backgrounds.

Tiffany

Anyone who wants a big campus with plenty of social opportunities and a strong academic learning experiences.

Alice

Open-minding person who loves interacting with other.

A person who is academically focused, and has a good study ethic but also wants to have fun. It is very important to study hard, but there are also many opportunites to have fun a take a break from studying.

Paige

There is no one kind of person that should attend this school. Although, one of the reasons that this school is so awesome is that the student body is so diverse, there are certain traits that people commonly possess who prosper at this school. Since this school is so large, someone who does not get overwhelmed easily by unfamiliar places or people would do well here. Additionally, extroverted people thrive the most at this school. It is important to not be afraid to ask for guidance because the number of students makes it difficult to receive personal attention from adivsors.

To attend UIUC, you definitely need to know balance because there are so many great opportunites that will make your head spin. With so many choices, you can never be bored.

Olivia

When I think of an University of Illinois student, I envision a motivated student since the campus is so huge and all of the resources can overwhelm a person. A potential students needs to be able to realize that they have to go out and seek help and not wait for it to come to them. I also think the person should be open to new things and people. The university is so diverse and has so many different clubs to meet people that have different lifestyles and backgrounds. A University of Illinois students has to be open minded.

Liz

Someone who is looking for a quality education but can also gain life values as well. This school allows a great deal of independence of the student so learning how to handle yourself is key to doing well. If you are looking for a fresh start and want to reinvent yourself, this is a great place to do it. This school offers many clubs and activities and there is always something new to try.

RaShiya

Anybody who is willing to work hard and make something of themselves.

Tony

People who are willing to come out of their comfort zone should attend my school. This is an atmosphere that caters to everyone’s needs. The school itself is a great place to meet new people and enroll in classes that one might never had thought was interesting before.

Caitlyn

Any type of student who is dedicated to their school work, but also wants to get involved within the school and have a social life should attend this school. The University of Illinois is not only a place where students excel in the classroom, but where they are also involved in the hundreds of clubs and organizations the school has to offer. The great thing about the school is that no matter what you are interested in, there are always more people who share those same interests.

If you want to attend University of Illinois, you need to be a hard worker. You also need to be comfortable at a large school and not be afraid to seek out academic help. there are so many resources available for student at U of I. I also feel that to be successful at this school, you need to get involved. There is something here for everyone. It is a great school and a wonderful opportunity to receive an outstanding education.

Daniel

The type of person that should attend U of I is one that will be able to afford it without there parents help.

Yucong

Anyone attending college should not be weak-willed nor ill determined. Attend UIUC if you have not only the ability to regulate yourself, but a innate desire towards learning and fun! There are limitless things to do, to see, to expereince, to enjoy. An outgoing personality or communication problems isn't something that matters at UIUC; just by attending and walking this path, you will be bounded to find a place where you belong.

Karim

The perfect person for this school is someone who is looking for excitement and challenges and strives by always having something to do. A student at UIUC should be able to manage his/her time wisely

Kelsey

Because of the huge diversity when it comes to the majors offered at UIUC, there is a major for everyone here. Engineering is a big deal here and our College of Agriculture is one of the best in the country, so if you're interesting in either of those career paths, UIUC is especially a good idea. I wouldn't recommend anyone who doesn't like to be around people, as the student population alone is around 40,000. This is not a small school. Big 10!

Darina

The person should be cool so I could hang out with them, but willing to try hard because it's all about effort not so much skill.

Those students that perform above average in high school would be a good fit for this school. I believe the average ACT score of students here is between 26 and 28. It is definitely more competitive for certain majors. Students willing to work hard while enjoying a traditional college experience should attend this school.

Regina

The beautiful thing about U of I is that its size accomodates all sorts of cultures, languages, and beliefs. It is truly a place where one can examine who they are and who they want to become. If you are a person with academic ability, artistic ability, athletic ability, or any unique quality about you, it will be possible to find friends who suit you, teachers who accomodate you, and an institution designed to help you succeed.

Alia

Someone who is planning to attend UIUC should be prepared for/comfortable with a very large campus!

Courtney

Anyone can attend this school, but if you do you should have a strong determination and will power to stay focused in class and work hard. This is a wonderful school academically, but can also be a fun school. You should know how to handle the two and priortize efficiently.

Betsy

The kind of person who should attend this school is one who does not mind large groups of people and who is open to change. No matter what background a student comes from, the University of Illinois is bound to change it. The student should be open to change and diversity.

John

Someone who likes lecture halls, being part of a crowd, and not afraid to think and act outside of their comfort zone with new people.

Mary

I think the great thing about the University of Illinois is anyone can attend. It's a public school and there are all different types of people at the school. It's important to have focus and realize that school isn't all about frat parties and the bar scene because college is about learning. U of I is academically challenging as well as socially stimulating which makes it a great place to go to school.

Elise

The University of Illinois would probably be a good school for most people, since it has such a wide range of academic programs. Specifically though, the kind of person who would fit in best at this school would be someone like me. Someone who is pretty smart, but doesn't have to be a genius. Someone who would enjoy going to a big school and being surrounded by lots of people. Someone who likes to have a lot of options and likes feeling secure about the education they are getting.

Alessandra

Someone who can take their education and their whole experience at Illinois into their own hands. You need to take the initiative for yourself - no one will hold your hand, but this is life. You need to know how to work hard and play hard, and you need to be driven or else you will be in the minority.

Kevin

Highly motivated, strong academic students. The classes and classloads are extremely demanding.

Kenneth

A motivated person that willing to work hard and stay focused on their goals.

Mary

Someone who is unafraid of big classes on a big campus, and unafraid of really going for it. You can't just sit back and expect the good grades and friends to fall in your lap. You have to do your research about what you want to get involved in and just go for it.

Kevin

A person with a strong sense of who they are, what they want, and most importantly an outgoing and determined personality because that kind of person will be most successful at this university.

Joshua

Someone who is serious about getting a really good education to help them with life after college.

Matt

Motivated, fun loving person

Adam

Students that have a strong desire to learn, and worry less about their performance. It is important that you enjoy what you are doing, as well as have the drive to do well.

Laurie

The person who attends this school should be prepared for strong academics, diversity, and lots of fun. You should want to experience college life to the fullest. You should be someone who wants to think outside the box because this university has so much to offer. You should take advantage not only of the academic life but also the extra-curricular and socials aspects as well. You should be a "go-getter" who wants to get the most out of life.

Jasmine

NO idea

Julia

Social people who don't feel lost with a lot of people around. Most students here are naturally intelligent and naturally social people who like to make friends and like to meet new people. People who want to drink a lot would love the bars, but there are definitely people who do not drink at all. You can find almost any kind of person you're looking for on campus if you look hard enough.

Jiameng

Anyone who is: social, outgoing, and/or business-, engineer-, and computer science-focused. All ethnicities welcome; however, ethnic and racial groups tend to stick together. Those who are interested in getting internships and post-undergraduate school opportunities in the job market should consider this school. The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is one of the top engineering and computer science schools in the world, and those who are considering such majors should expect the rigors that ECE demands.

Someone who knows what they want to do with thir life and are vey academically focused.

Kelsey

I really think that any type of person could attend this school. While everyone is unique, you will be able to find your group of friends that you love to hang out with. Plus, there are hundreds of student organizations that you can get involved with to meet new friends!

Ethan

Since the school is rather large, people who can thrive in large groups of people and are very social will fit right in on campus. However, prospective students should be able to balance a social life and classes and not let their time be completely taken up by one or the other. Those that love the big city atmosphere would be better off staying in the city, because Champaign and Urbana aren't exactly the most populated places in Illinois.

I kind of get irritated when I see students go out to the bars at least 4 times a week. This school is not cheap and when I see students not care that they are so close to failing a class that they have to drop the class, it makes me very confused. A student that wants to attend this school, should also expect and be ready to work hard all the time.

Bobak

A person that attends this school should be: extremely motivated, highly spirited, has strong leadership skills and persues leadership oppurtunities, passionate about learning, has hobbies that they enjoy doing, social, and accepting of other people's race and background.

Karen

A person who is confident and doesn't get lost in the crowd should attend this school. He or she should also be dedicated to their academics and their future. A person who works hard would be successful at this school.