Indianapolis, IN
University of Indianapolis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Indianapolis

Leslie

The university of indianapolis has given me a great education, but......pursuing said education is causing financial issues.

Most of my class mates come from different SES families than I do, so it took a while to get ont he same page with my class mates.

If I were to meet my 18 year old self right now, I would probably freak out. After the initial shock i would sit her down and explain to her that if she doesnt look for more options, she is going to be very upset with her life when she is in her senior year of college. Make good choices and work hard, because you never know what could happen. I would also tell her to take a break after graudation and get your head together other wise you're going to be burnt out before you realize it. But most of all...all work and no play will make u go insane, so make sure that you have balance in your life. And remember you have to pay for all of this, so make it worth it!

Sara

I would tell myself, take that Spanish class because you will not have to take it again in the long run. Work hard because it will all be worth it in the end. Keep those eight hour study habits and keep taking your classes serious, and do not get caught up in the social aspect, it is not worth it. College will be so much different you will enjoy it so much more. Keep your head up and do not worry about friends right now, you will have plenty of change in the near future. Buckle down and grasp as much as you can now it will help, but do not limit your options and be open to new ideas and study skills, train yourself for the upcoming and start practicing now.

A determined student, who is serious about their eductaion and future. Anyone who is open to others and can accept other people for who they are. Also, anyone who is dedicated and is able to put the time and effort into this school, classes, and their work here as a student.

Being a commuter the most frustrating thing about campus is parking. The construction around campus does not help either.

U of I is unique because of its small and close atmosphere. Everyone gets to know everyone else on campus especially the professors because students aren't a mere number of a page, but an actual person. The smaller class sizes at U of I also allow for better learning. The students are also granted access to their professors from email to their cell numbers. The professors really want to see the students succeed and will help them achieve their goals at all cost.

My college experience so far has taught me first how to live on my own and be responsible 100% solely for myself. I have had to learn to live with another human, unrelated to me, and sort through problems that occasionally arise. Attending college has also helped me to get closer to my goal of earning a pharmacy degree as well as play college softball. I have learned a whole new level of what it means to work hard which has taught me discipline as well. I have been put in unsheltered situations and had to reason through them to make the correct decisions which has also made me a stronger and overall better person.

The most unique thing about my school, compared to other schools I considered is that it is a small school, which gives you more one-on-one time with your teachers when you need help.

My college experience has made me feel more at home then I had back in my home town. Everyone there is so friendly, and open, as well as willing to accept new people. Plus, the school is small and open which has been a good experience for me.

The most frustrating thing about my school currently, is the construction around/on campus. It is a hassel to try to navigate through, especially during rush hour.

Taylre

My university is unique in the fact that it has students from over 70 different nations and religious backgrounds and has many different cultural groups to allow students at the university to be involved in their cultures and learn more about their far way homes.

My college experience has allowed me to grown not only as an individual, but also as a student and a well developed leader and mentor for others. By attending my university, I have been able to volunteer in many admireable organizations such as; College Mentors for Kids where we mentor at risk youth showing them the benefits of higher education, and also Peer Exchange where we are mentors and friends for peers at our university with a disorder on the Austism Spectrum. I have also been blessed to now be a Resident Assistant for the 2010-2011 academic school year where I will be able to mentor young women as well as my peers at my university as well as help introduce and inforce my universities values and rules. My overall standing as a high achieving student has led to my academic success and to my ability to give back to my community and to the university that I attend. I believe that by attending a university that is committed to Service for Education, I have been able to appreciate the education I have been blessed with and share that education with others as well.

I would most like to tell my friends that my university is committed to catering to students of all backgrounds and education levels. I most love that we have a well developed program committed to helping students with a disability on the Autism spectrum, allowing those students an equal opprotunity as those around them without disabilities.

It is best known for their nursing program.

It is best known for their nursing program.

I have learned how important it is to adjust from high school work to college work. In college, the workload increases as well as the amount in one time. The teachers don't baby you about getting your homework in on time or attend classes as much as possible. In college, you are responsible for your own actions, and forces you to mature and prepare for the real life after school.

The amount of computers and internet access because it gives everyone a chance to do their work even if they don't have their own computer.

Shelby

I have gotten out of school that you need to stay focused and want to do it. Your parents aren't making you go to school, you have to want it and go for it. You are the one that makes yourself get out of bed in the morning, finish that 5 page paper, and go to class every day. There is no doubt about it that it's hard and will be hard but you need to do it to make yourself happy. It has shown me how short life is and how much time flies. It has also shown me that I can do whatever I put my mind too.

Kids who like one on one interaction with the teachers and students.

The finances. It's not a very cheap school but it's a great school!

Courtney

College has greatly changed my life; from the relationships I have built with my instructors to the people I've met on campus who share my interests. Through my education I have found a career path that I can be passionate about and I've learned the skills I need to be successful in that career. I've learned to challenge myself and to respect the opinions of others. I've learned to speak up in a crowd and to hold my ground in a debate. My fellow students have taught me valuable lessons, such as how to negotiate with my professors and how to cram 100 vocabulary words into my brain. On campus, I've met my future mentors, my future co-workers, and future world leaders. To say that my college experience has been invaluable would be a vast understatment.

College at the University of Indianapolis has been a whirlwind experience. I have learned so many things and grown as a young adult here. Being on my own for the first time had the biggest impact on me. I learned how to take care of myself and learned what it took to make sure I was setting myself up for success. The challenge for me was finding a balance between academics, sports, and my social life. The difficulty of academics forced me focus alot of my attention on my grades. With this, I learned time management and how to develop study strategies that fit me best. Despite the difficutly of academics, it pushes me to reach my highest potential. I value the academics at the university because it will set me up for many opportunities in my future. Meeting so many new people has been the most exciting part of my college experience. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at the university and what it offers me academically, socially, and in extracurricular activities.

I wish I would have known more about the school's academic standards and requirements. I knew little about the school despite making a campus visit. It would have been nice to see the dorm life, I as a freshmen would experience, rather than dorm life of upper classmen. In addition, I would have liked to know more about the campus life and how the students at my university viewed the school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how difficult the general education courses are. I feel like I can't concentrate on my classes required for my major because the general education courses take up alot of credit hours and the school puts so much emphasis on these courses. Despite how small my school is, many of the professors are difficult to reach outside of class and do not look to make the learning experience more personable.

Bianca

I've gotten a majority of my life changing epiphanies in college. I learned how to maintain bills, buy cars, study, and push myself harder than ever to make my future bright. I also have had to pay for college and i know the value of my education dollar wise and futuristically. College is the final step toward making something for ones self. College is the gateway to a new world of opportunities and growth experiences. Without college I know I wont be where I've planned on being my whole life. I've learned how to stay healthy physically and psychologically because I played college volleyball and ran track. Being a colligate student athlete is completely different from just being a student athlete. More responsibilities are encorperated with being a colligate student athlete and it requires a lot of patience and persistence.

The best thing about my school is the diversity. I love the way i can go to class and know four people from different countries. It enstills a silent comfort that being different on that camous is normal. All walks of life surround us there and its enlightening.

A person that has no goals or motivation should not attend this school because it is very rigorus. The professors expect students to know where they want to be in life and know how to get there. Its a very independant campus when it comes to finding your way. Even the academic advisors try to lead us toward knowing where we will be when we graduate otherwise it makes it very difficult placement wise. They have programs for different career paths; if one doesnt know where they want to be then they probably wont be able to graduate on time.

University of Indianapolis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.