Indianapolis, IN
University of Indianapolis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Indianapolis

Talli

Choose the school that fits you best. Don't pick a school just for the cost or the location. Go to a school that suits your interests and goals. If you do that, there is no way the school can fail you throughout your educational experiences. The school I chose is much more than my mom or I can afford but financial aid options helped to ease the cost. Picking a school that is you will give you the most out of the college experience!

The availability of staff and professors. They are always there to help whenever needed! It's a tight-knit community.

The lack of weekend activities on campus. Sometimes there is a limited amount of things to do on campus (although there is plenty to do around the area off-campus).

Do reasearch at least a year in advance. Decide if you want/need to stay in-state or go out of state. If possible, visit the college, talk to students, attend classes you want to take, and tour the buildings. Once you can narrow it down to a few colleges, go online and see what their students and others say about them. Ask about their professors, find out cost and financial aid availability and safety. You must be your own motivation. There is absolutely no time to slack off. Your best and hardest work is always needed in and out of class. You must also be able to judge when you can have fun free time and when you need to study. Finding a good place where you can study is essential! Take advantage of all the learning available to you. And maybe the most important: remember that you can have your whole life to party and date and do nothing if you choose, but your four years in college require the least possible distractions, and these carry hidden and visible distractions that can and do ruin college and life careers. Take college seriously!

Someone who thinks it's going to be just like highschool and so is going to act the same: party, not do homework, have fun all weekend every weekend, put no effort into doing excellent in classes.

It's small. Perfect size classes. My teachers for my major are simply wonderful along with the students who share my major. It's a gorgeous campus. Has good food.

Bianca

A Methodist based private University with small classes.

A Methodist based private University with small classes.

I love how small the classes are. Their are only about 15-20 students in each class. Even if the classes take place in a lecture hall, the class size is still quite small.

Look at price, location, and the sizes of the classes. More than likely if the classes are taking place in a lecture hall you wont get the closeness with the teachers that will help you acheive more.

Katy

Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into--college is expensive! Choose a school where you feel comfortable, but don't worry if you still feel a little anxious. It's a big step in life. On the same token, don't worry too much if you aren't 100% sure what you want to do--most campuses have services to help you take assessments to see where your strengths lie. The important thing to remember is to have fun, be yourself, but also work hard!

I wish I had known how expensive books are! I would have saved more money in high school had I known I would be spending over five-hundred dollars per semester on books--and they aren't even new!

There is not enough parking on campus. The residents have to park out in the general visitor lots, which in turn limits parking for commuters, faculty, staff, and visitors. They need more parking and more general lots. The visitors have a long walk to get to buildings as well.

Cortnaye

I would encourage being involved in perspective student weekends. That way you get a real feel of the campus.

I wish that I had known that the first year isn't nearly as bad as everyone says. I had a ton of fun and if I had to do it over again I would be more outgoing and involved on campus.

This school offers a little bit of something for everyone.

Carolyn

My classmates are energetic, outoing, goal/future oriented, hard working, determined, passionate, focused, fun, willing to lend a hand and competitive.

Make sure that you or your child is absolutely in love with the college he or she chooses. If he or she isn't, then it will be a rough and difficult transition. I knew before I even stepped foot onto UIndy's campus that I just belonged there. Be supportive of your child's decision. A parent's support means everything to a child, especially with this big of a decision. Without the support and love of my parents, I would have ended up going to another university because it was cheaper. No price can match your child's happiness, education and future.

I brag about all the opportunities and education I am getting. I also brag about my professors an the professional atmosphere surrounding my work and studies. I brag about our amazing track and field team, which I am apart off. I brag about awards the univeristy has won, or I have won through my univeristy. I also brag about the amazing friends I have made and study abroad opportunites I have had the chance to experience.

Visit the campus first and make sure you feel comfortable. see yourself on campus!

I wish i would have known that it cost so much money and that ill have to pay a lot of it back with loans.

Someone who is goal oriented and is ready to have fun! They need to be focused and want to be in a very friendly environment.

Khylee

Look for the school that best fits your personality, like considering size and student to teacher ratio. Also look for affordability because its the education and experience that is the most important.

Everyone should because it is the best school ever!

Snotty, uptight party people who are not career orientated or driven for success after their years at U of I

University of Indianapolis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.