Indianapolis, IN
University of Indianapolis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Indianapolis

Jameise

The people that I met on campus were very nice and welcoming. It has taken me a bit longer to get adjusted to the school since I am not used to being away from home. Since the campus is so small, it is easier to get around to my classes. Overall this is a great school.

Kelly

This college is fairly good. The foods okay and the dorms are decent enough. The class size is the best part, 30 or less students per class, and most of the professors are exceptional in teaching their subject. They all know what they're talking about and are very energetic about their subject. You can tell they really care about people getting the most out of their class.

Vanessa

I enjoy going to UIndy. The other students are really nice and approachable. The teachers are easy to contact. They also always seem to care. The class sizes are small, so the teacher knows your name. The one thing I dislike is that it is not as diverse as I would like it to be. Overall I like this University.

William

I believe that the University of Indianapolis is a near perfect match for me. This university prepares its students for real world careers and opportunities while allowing students to explore the possibilities of a professional athletic future.

The University of Indianapolis is the best decision I could have made for my college decision. I progressed in athletics as well as found my true dream career. If it were not for the students and professors at the university, I would not be in such a great position at this point in my life. Great university made up of great individuals!

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

The Black Lives Matter movement.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Yoga and Freshman Experience.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part of the social scene is the friendliness of most individuals. The worst part is the requirement of alcoholic beverages.

What do students complain about most?

Students complain about the food quality the most.

Have some sort of an idea of a major, but always be open to changing your major. It is okay to change your mind!

What's the dating scene like?

Most relationships are fairly mild and do not last long, but a few turn into long term commitments.

What's the Greek scene like?

There is no Greek scene at the university.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to do work on campus is at the football stadium on calm nights or the newly renovated library.

The number of student-athletes on campus is unique.

When you step off campus what do you see?

The south side of Indianapolis. Mostly low income neighborhoods.

I wish I had been told to purchase books off of Chegg.com.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Becoming acclimated to college life is extremely daunting. Find friends and be free. It's time to grow up and that can be hard to do without friends.

What do people really wear to class?

They wear whatever they want. I have arrived to class in pajamas before.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

All college parties seem to have some sort of alcoholic beverages. If you go to the residence life sponsored parties, you will have more fun if you do not drink.

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

Phone home once a week. You need to start learning how to live on your own without your parents. Jump from the nest and fly, birdie!

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

My university has transformed me into a much more open individual. I respect different people so much more now.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are in very good shape and are very comfortable for its residents. They are not too large either. The largest dorm has five floors.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

Football homecoming is absolutely insane. The entire student body goes to the game and has a parade and party before, during, and after the game.

Describe a typical weekend.

Weekends are fairly quiet at the university unless there are home athletic events. The university is not a party university.

The university sits on fifty acres on the south side of Indianapolis. There is a central water canal surrounded by the largest buildings on campus. Residence halls pepper the outer area of the university.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

The food options are generally diverse, but the options are not always my favorite foods.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

All athletics at the university are some of the very best in the nation for Division II with many teams ranking in the top 25 in their respective sports.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to the University of Indianapolis to play Division II football.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors are second to none. These professors will run through walls for students that prove their work ethic in their classes. Each professors ultimate goal is to place his or her students into a career.

What are your classes like?

Classes are fairly small. Most classes are under thirty students. This allows for most questions to be answered in a class period and a lot of professor to student exposure.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

The University of Indianapolis is a very social university that places an emphasis on its academics while maintaining an extremely powerful athletic presence in Division II athletics.

My favorite campus traditions are Halloween in the Residence Halls and Football Homecoming.

The students at the University of Indianapolis are extremely diverse. There are many foreign students that attend the school as well as domestic students. A large chunk of students are athletes.

The most popular student activities are homecoming for football and graduation. The most popular groups on campus are Black Student Association, Residence Life, and Student Government.

The stereotype at the University of Indianapolis is that every student is an athlete. This stereotype is fairly accurate considering a quarter of students are athletes as well.

The academics are one of the best in the entire state of Indiana. Employers pay attention when resumes arrive on their desk that have a University of Indianapolis degree posted on them.

The most frustrating aspect of the University of Indianapolis is the lack of spectator presence at athletic events.

I brag about the quality of my professors at the University of Indianapolis when I speak to my friends.

An individual not willing to spread his or her wings and become their own person.

An individual that is willing to exceed expectations in the classroom and on the athletic field while being a social butterfly when his or her head is not stuck in the books or working out for his or her athletic team.

Danny

Very expensive school, but has provided me with life long friends and amazing memories.

Amazing people with big hearts who are willing to go out of the way for you

Sharaya

My school is small, comfortable, culturally diverse, academically diverse, and challenging.

The University of Indianapolis is technically a liberal arts school; however, the majority of the students seem to fall under the categories of physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, exercise science, and athletic training.

I would let myself know that I need different study skills. I would notify myself of the website www.ratemyprofessor.com so that I can look into the professors that are available for each course. I would also have told myself that I should have done some shadowing for Occupational Therapy, so that I had that readily available for graduate school. Another topic that I wish I would have known ahead of time is registration for classes. I worried about that for no apparent reason. I thought I was not going to get into all of my classes. Now, I am on my last semester and find that that was the least of my worries. Lastly, I would let myself know that I would have hard times. I would miss my mother, have doubts of succeeding, and wonder why I am putting myself through this. I now know that the key is to keep my eye on the prize. Knowing that I am in college to be an OT someday is where my motivation comes from. I may have to go through rough times right now, but it will be worth it when I'm helping people as an OT.

Brandon

Your opportunities that are in front of you right now are endless. There are ways to get ahead and improve your chances right now. Remember that time is money. You've got to start working smart, dressing smart and make life happen instead of waiting for it to happen. First, you are determined and a hardworker. Don't settle for a simple minimum wage job. Don't make money for someone else. Use your enginuity to make money for yourself. Find ways that will make people want to give you their money. Diversify your portfolio of talents and income. Second, you have to dress smart. Ditch the t-shirt and move to a button down shirt. Decide to look like you are the future of business because you are. The way that people will see you will largely influence their willingness to associate with you and invest their time or money in you. Third, make life happen isntead of waiting for it to happen. Don't wait for the opportunity to present itself. Go out there and create the opportunity. The proactive approach will provide many open doors. Life is what you make it. Go out and make it happen.

Kendon

The close proximity within downtown Indianapolis is nice. The school is fairly small so it tends to be easier to build relationships with your professors to develop internships or to just have a good standing with your professor. The business and nursing programs are quite active; there are many clubs related to those fields and many ways to get involved for prospective nursing and/or business students.

Focus more on scholarships! They are so important, especially for more expensive, private schools. Also the size of the school does matter quite a bit. People say small schools are better because you "aren't just a number," but unless you go to an incredibly small school, you really will be a number unless you make yourself outstanding, and that's okay, you will spend more time learning about yourself than wanting others to learn about you. Also, pick a major that is practical but double major in something you love, like English or philosophy. It will make life easier.

I wish I had known more about what the school could and could not offer because of its size. It would have been more helpful to have known exactly what I wanted when I was first looking for schools, though.

My classmates are willing to help anyone who needs help. We care about how everyone is doing and we don't want anyone to fall behind. If we can't help someone in a certain situation, we direct them to someone who would help them as much as possible. We are a community who will help each other as much as possible.

I would tell myself to try and get out of the dorm room. I have grown up for most of my life in the house. I was more of a indoor girl, but my parents tried to get me out more. As my senior year started, I became involved in athletics and had been on the girls track team for three years. I want to become fit and lead a healthy lifestyle. This also wants me to help others achieve the healthy style that they want. It will help be a better person overall.

I personally don't see anything as bad. It is constantly improving, and that is the best thing that can happen. I don't consider anything to be bad.

Olivia

The athletes are a big part of campus activities and groups. I play volleyball and I know athletes are a big thing here at the University of Indianapolis.

The students at my school often come from the area. The school is made up of a lot of commuters.

The academics are very highly ranked and prestigious. This school is known for it's physical and occupational therapy programs.

University of Indianapolis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.