Indianapolis, IN
University of Indianapolis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Indianapolis

Leeann

Most of my classmates are great. They are fun, helpful, funny, and very driven to suceed for the most part. We help each other a lot and band together to get through night classes and the dreaded 8 am. My newspaper family expecially is great, and professional, and I wouldn't change one day with them.

I would tell high school me to get out of my dorm room and go socialize. I have spent my entire college career working two jobs and taking 18 credit hours and as a result I have very little social life. I don't regret spending time making money and earning credits for my double major but I think it would have been beneficial to get in more networking and more sterotypical college socializing. Most of all I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships like this one. I ran out of federal loan money for my senior year and now I'm scrambling for free money so I don't have to take out too many more loans in addition to my current $43,000 debt. I still have to make up a huge difference in loan money to finish my degree this year, over $8,000 to be exact. High school me should have been a lot more serious and agressively applied for any and all scholarships and she should have been more social butterfly and less fly on the wall.

I brag most about how small the classes are and how great all of my professors are. Everyone on campus is so helpful and I really care about the students, and the students care about each other. We are epitome of midwestern charm and hospitality.

Barry

I believe my school is best known for our ability to instill greatness into our graduates

If I could go back into time and give advice to my self when I was a high school senior I would give my self two pieces of advice. The first piece of advice would be to save money because college is really expensive. The second piece of advice would be to cherish the fun times in high school because going to college is like entering into the real world. College is an unbelievable opportunity but high school will never return and no one wants to regret pieces of there high school career. I would simply tell my self to enjoy life because it is meant to be enjoyed.

A person that is not motivated to get their degree and just wants to party should not go to our school

Andrew

Uindy, being a private university, naturally gets the kids that come purely on their father's buck, but for every one of those you'll find five kids who are really here for the experience. Everyone is outgoing, engaged, and excited to contribute to the world off campus as soon as they can.

If I had the opportunity to go back, I would have to begin by shaking my old self screaming that I need to learn to study. In highschool I think I spent all of two days in a month studying, and that was during finals. College does not allow for that type of attitude whatsoever, and I was simply not prepared. While the overall transition of moving in, and meeting new people was tricky, the most difficult adaptation I've had to make thus far has been to teach myself how to properly learn. My first semester served as the test bed for this process, and caused my GPA to suffer a bit, and while I've got it down quite well now, some great opportunity was wasted. To my past self: just sit down and at least act like the material isn't coming easy, you are going to need to know how to read a textbook and retain the content very, very soon.

Anyone looking to recieve one on one attention with well qualified professors will fine Uindy a perfect fit. If you enjoy the arts and attending discussions on real world issues, there is an abundance of opportunity to do so here as well.

Dannielle

If I could go back in time and have a conversation with myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry too much about what career you want to go into. You will change your mind so many times that it isn't even worth it to stress over your future career. Take the time to research every career out there and take classes from different subjects to see if you are really interested in that field. College is supposed to be a time to find out who you really are and where your interests lie. Don't try to rush into a career field because it will only cause unhappiness in the future. Also, I would tell myself that it's important to get out there in the world and gain some valuable experience. Volunteer at the animal shelter or at the local library. Not only will you get experience, but you will also meet some great people as well. At the end of the day, have fun at college. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to achieve perfect grades. Just have fun with the college experience and live life to the fullest.

To my high school self, Really, you should have gone on college visits despite your busy and hectic schedule. If going to UIndy is your only choice, because it really ended up being it, definitely stay out late and get the silly extra curriculars out of the way. Don't be afraid to get out of your social circle. Oh, and the Asian friends you will have? Two girls, to be exact. Drop them nicely. They WILL be annoying and make you feel out of place and have really low self-esteem about your future. Keep your head up and do what you have to do. You know where you belong--don't let your mind talk you out of it. Your future is there. Keep going.

All people can attend. It's really diverse, but you'll mostly hear news about PT and nursing students.

Sa'Vonn

I believe that our school is mostly known for its diversity. The are alot of different cultures and religions at our school to get to know. The best part about it is everyone is friendly and we can still get along seeing that we come from different backround. There are never any problems coming to our school and it is not hard to make friends with anyone you meet.

STRIVE: First off, I would remind myself of the struggles I have already been through not yet mentioning the ones to come. I would tell myself that things don't get easier transitiong into college, so seeing how hard my life is right now I might want to strive just a little harder if I want a stable college life experience. I would tell myself, "do a little better in school and study alot more", so that I can get better scholarship opportunities and not be put on a waiting list just to get into my first semester of college. I would let me know that if I don't want to have to watch my mother work 12 hours a day slaving at a factory then I will definitely do what ever it takes to get this education because it's breaking my heart watching her do this. The only way I am going to be able to assist my mother is if I graduate from college and get a degree, so I have to start college off the right way. If I had known what was on the line, the outcome of my present would have been different.

The size of UIndy is great. It is not to big nor to small giving us students a chance to get aquianted with many of the students that enroll there. Once you are there for a while alot of the student become like a family to you and friendships grow strong. The classes sizes aren't to big so you can get more help from teachers and possibly recieve one on one action with them.

Rachael

Supposing that I could go backin time, I would have to tell my high school self not to freak out as much. Due to what everyone had told me in high school, I had always assumed I would get to college and be buried under this massive load of impossibly hard work. Thankfully, that never happened. Also, I would tell my former self that I should apply for more scholarships because my dad was going to lose his job in November. Ironic thing was, that happened to my sister and my mother as well.

I think that one of the best things about the school are the teachers. They are very nice and are willing to work with you if you have been sick or do not understand the lesson.

People who should not attend this school are those who are not going to give an effort. The classes cannot be passed without actually working to study and remember the material and anyone who misses six consecutive classes will be dropped from the class.

I'd tell myself to take chances. To try new things and new experiences because those are really what matter. Enjoy yourself and if you're not, change something. I'd also tell myself to JUST DO IT. Be persistent and accomplish what you know you need to in order to be successful. College is a great journey that only lasts so long and once it's over all you've got is memories. People move on and things change. Change is what makes life and college years so great, but at the same time very sad. People you thought would be there forever fade away, but memories of those people are everlasting. I's also tell myself to stop being so dang stubborn! Lighten up a little, have fun, and break some rules for goodness sakes. It's not going to matter to much in the end and if it does, well, it had to have been worth it. Although this all sounds like fun and games, make sure you actually obtain information and practical education for real life.

Joelle

If I could go back to my high school self, I would try to convince myself to not let other people influence decisions. This is an important time in your life; don't let others take that away. Go to college. Go to a university. Make new friends. It's much easier, not to mention cheaper, when you're young than to wait until you have a family of your own and other responsibilities.

University of Indianapolis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.