Indianapolis, IN
University of Indianapolis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Indianapolis

Sa'Vonn

STRIVE: First off, I would remind myself of the struggles I have already been through not yet mentioning the ones to come. I would tell myself that things don't get easier transitiong into college, so seeing how hard my life is right now I might want to strive just a little harder if I want a stable college life experience. I would tell myself, "do a little better in school and study alot more", so that I can get better scholarship opportunities and not be put on a waiting list just to get into my first semester of college. I would let me know that if I don't want to have to watch my mother work 12 hours a day slaving at a factory then I will definitely do what ever it takes to get this education because it's breaking my heart watching her do this. The only way I am going to be able to assist my mother is if I graduate from college and get a degree, so I have to start college off the right way. If I had known what was on the line, the outcome of my present would have been different.

The size of UIndy is great. It is not to big nor to small giving us students a chance to get aquianted with many of the students that enroll there. Once you are there for a while alot of the student become like a family to you and friendships grow strong. The classes sizes aren't to big so you can get more help from teachers and possibly recieve one on one action with them.

I believe that our school is mostly known for its diversity. The are alot of different cultures and religions at our school to get to know. The best part about it is everyone is friendly and we can still get along seeing that we come from different backround. There are never any problems coming to our school and it is not hard to make friends with anyone you meet.

Rachael

Supposing that I could go backin time, I would have to tell my high school self not to freak out as much. Due to what everyone had told me in high school, I had always assumed I would get to college and be buried under this massive load of impossibly hard work. Thankfully, that never happened. Also, I would tell my former self that I should apply for more scholarships because my dad was going to lose his job in November. Ironic thing was, that happened to my sister and my mother as well.

I think that one of the best things about the school are the teachers. They are very nice and are willing to work with you if you have been sick or do not understand the lesson.

People who should not attend this school are those who are not going to give an effort. The classes cannot be passed without actually working to study and remember the material and anyone who misses six consecutive classes will be dropped from the class.

I'd tell myself to take chances. To try new things and new experiences because those are really what matter. Enjoy yourself and if you're not, change something. I'd also tell myself to JUST DO IT. Be persistent and accomplish what you know you need to in order to be successful. College is a great journey that only lasts so long and once it's over all you've got is memories. People move on and things change. Change is what makes life and college years so great, but at the same time very sad. People you thought would be there forever fade away, but memories of those people are everlasting. I's also tell myself to stop being so dang stubborn! Lighten up a little, have fun, and break some rules for goodness sakes. It's not going to matter to much in the end and if it does, well, it had to have been worth it. Although this all sounds like fun and games, make sure you actually obtain information and practical education for real life.

Joelle

If I could go back to my high school self, I would try to convince myself to not let other people influence decisions. This is an important time in your life; don't let others take that away. Go to college. Go to a university. Make new friends. It's much easier, not to mention cheaper, when you're young than to wait until you have a family of your own and other responsibilities.

Kyran

Most of my classmates are very interested in learning.

Keep up the good work. It may seem annoying now, but you made a great decision in not taking the easy route for senior year. All of these advanced class will really help in college. Make sure you are really paying attention and learning because it will pay off. You should definitely start saving and spending money wisely right now. You are going to want things and want to do things, and it's going to cost you money. Be prepared to have fun. There are definitely a lot of things to do. Also, be ready to make new friends. I know you have a hard time doing that, but you are going to get lonely so get ready to have to open up to people and create new bonds. Don't get too clingy to your boyfriend, be ready to venture out on your own. Most importantly, be ready to stay focused. This will probably be one of the most important years of your life; you won't want to mess up!

elizabeth

The best advice that I would tell myself is to plan ahead and to not leave everything to the last minute. Also i would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships because paying tutition is very difficult. I would really do my "homework" on all colleges because right not i am paying for delaware county community college the same that i would pay for West Chester University . lastly, I would tell myself to learn how to manage my time . College work is different and than high school work, College work is very time consuming, it requires your full attention.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to be afraid to take more college classes. My high school offered many courses that were college credit, which was great because many students do not get the opportunity to take classes for college credit. My senior year I only took one college class because it was required for my diploma. I wish I would have taken more because a.) The class was a lot cheaper and b.) All those classes would transfer over to my college transcript. I would tell myself to not be afraid of a challenge and take more college courses while I had the chance, because it would help me once I got to college. Since I can’t go back and tell myself in real life, it is important to tell the current high school students to take the opportunity of having college courses in the high school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is registering for classes. I understand the older students should get first choice of classes, but as a freshman we have to register last. When we register last we do not have a big selection of classes and times, we kind of have to take whatever is left over for our major.

Julianne

With your drive to graduate and your fear of dropping out of college and moving back home, go to the school you really want to go to. I know mom doesn't approve but that will motivate you to try even harder. You're not one that minds fitting in or not but that will change when you go to UIndy. There are students here that are athletes and students here from the top of thier class, or students that are very religious, and you are none of those. There are few students like you and you will find yourself in the party scene a lot because that is the only way you can relate to people. However you will make many friends of different nationalities and are presented with great job opportunities here and that is why you chose here in the first place. The small class size makes the professors accessible which you enjoy. No matter what, once you graduate you will be happy that you attended college and you have a bright future ahead of yourself so focus on the goal ahead and don't become discouraged.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there are students that will judge you if you come from a poor family or don't dress up every single day. I tend to be more relaxed and down to earth but I feel pressure when I don't wear make up or do my hair. Also I feel out of place because I can't always go out and spend money and when I do I feel guilty because I know I should be saving up.

Anthony

The University is well structured, well staffed, and is the best place to attend for any student wanting to make their future something to be remembered.

On a personal level, I'd advise myself not to make certain choices that led to regret. As a college student, I'd tell myself to not procrastinate as much as I did. I'd certainly have a higher GPA following this. I would guide myself to becoming a physical therapist, instead of living in uncertainty. Lastly, I would tell myself that living in depression is not the answer. That I will eventually find a way to happiness. Hurting those I love eventually hurt my future. If I left anything out, I would at least have new advice to follow.

Nothing comes to mind when thinking about this question. I love the University and and people associated with it. Anyone walking blind onto the campus would fall in love with their surroundings immediately.

Cassandra

Save your money and stock up for the winter. The major road that runs by your school will be under construction and there will be days where you won't want to deal with it. Try your hardest in school and apply for A LOT of scholarships and grants. You will need all the financial help you can get, but it's worth it. The transition is easy. You'll make great, new friends so don't worry about the ones you're leaving. Your teachers will also be great. And always remember: be the bigger person. Be an adult.

The price compared to financial aid availability. The school is worth the price, but it would be nice if they gave more finanicial aid. The buildings and facilities are very nice and new-looking, and you do get a lot of free stuff. Also, the food is very good. But the price is high nonetheless. They should offer more scholarships for students who did not grow up in Indiana.

The nursing program and affiliation with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. The nursing program is strong, and the music program is very strong and involved with the community. A lot of the teachers are now or have been in the ISO. The school also has a lot of traveling opportunities.

University of Indianapolis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.