Indianapolis, IN
University of Indianapolis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Indianapolis

Kyran

Most of my classmates are very interested in learning.

Keep up the good work. It may seem annoying now, but you made a great decision in not taking the easy route for senior year. All of these advanced class will really help in college. Make sure you are really paying attention and learning because it will pay off. You should definitely start saving and spending money wisely right now. You are going to want things and want to do things, and it's going to cost you money. Be prepared to have fun. There are definitely a lot of things to do. Also, be ready to make new friends. I know you have a hard time doing that, but you are going to get lonely so get ready to have to open up to people and create new bonds. Don't get too clingy to your boyfriend, be ready to venture out on your own. Most importantly, be ready to stay focused. This will probably be one of the most important years of your life; you won't want to mess up!

elizabeth

The best advice that I would tell myself is to plan ahead and to not leave everything to the last minute. Also i would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships because paying tutition is very difficult. I would really do my "homework" on all colleges because right not i am paying for delaware county community college the same that i would pay for West Chester University . lastly, I would tell myself to learn how to manage my time . College work is different and than high school work, College work is very time consuming, it requires your full attention.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to be afraid to take more college classes. My high school offered many courses that were college credit, which was great because many students do not get the opportunity to take classes for college credit. My senior year I only took one college class because it was required for my diploma. I wish I would have taken more because a.) The class was a lot cheaper and b.) All those classes would transfer over to my college transcript. I would tell myself to not be afraid of a challenge and take more college courses while I had the chance, because it would help me once I got to college. Since I can’t go back and tell myself in real life, it is important to tell the current high school students to take the opportunity of having college courses in the high school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is registering for classes. I understand the older students should get first choice of classes, but as a freshman we have to register last. When we register last we do not have a big selection of classes and times, we kind of have to take whatever is left over for our major.

Julianne

With your drive to graduate and your fear of dropping out of college and moving back home, go to the school you really want to go to. I know mom doesn't approve but that will motivate you to try even harder. You're not one that minds fitting in or not but that will change when you go to UIndy. There are students here that are athletes and students here from the top of thier class, or students that are very religious, and you are none of those. There are few students like you and you will find yourself in the party scene a lot because that is the only way you can relate to people. However you will make many friends of different nationalities and are presented with great job opportunities here and that is why you chose here in the first place. The small class size makes the professors accessible which you enjoy. No matter what, once you graduate you will be happy that you attended college and you have a bright future ahead of yourself so focus on the goal ahead and don't become discouraged.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there are students that will judge you if you come from a poor family or don't dress up every single day. I tend to be more relaxed and down to earth but I feel pressure when I don't wear make up or do my hair. Also I feel out of place because I can't always go out and spend money and when I do I feel guilty because I know I should be saving up.

Anthony

The University is well structured, well staffed, and is the best place to attend for any student wanting to make their future something to be remembered.

On a personal level, I'd advise myself not to make certain choices that led to regret. As a college student, I'd tell myself to not procrastinate as much as I did. I'd certainly have a higher GPA following this. I would guide myself to becoming a physical therapist, instead of living in uncertainty. Lastly, I would tell myself that living in depression is not the answer. That I will eventually find a way to happiness. Hurting those I love eventually hurt my future. If I left anything out, I would at least have new advice to follow.

Nothing comes to mind when thinking about this question. I love the University and and people associated with it. Anyone walking blind onto the campus would fall in love with their surroundings immediately.

Cassandra

The nursing program and affiliation with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. The nursing program is strong, and the music program is very strong and involved with the community. A lot of the teachers are now or have been in the ISO. The school also has a lot of traveling opportunities.

Save your money and stock up for the winter. The major road that runs by your school will be under construction and there will be days where you won't want to deal with it. Try your hardest in school and apply for A LOT of scholarships and grants. You will need all the financial help you can get, but it's worth it. The transition is easy. You'll make great, new friends so don't worry about the ones you're leaving. Your teachers will also be great. And always remember: be the bigger person. Be an adult.

The price compared to financial aid availability. The school is worth the price, but it would be nice if they gave more finanicial aid. The buildings and facilities are very nice and new-looking, and you do get a lot of free stuff. Also, the food is very good. But the price is high nonetheless. They should offer more scholarships for students who did not grow up in Indiana.

Danielle

if i was able to go back to high school and talk to my self as a senior i would tell myself to work harder for what i want. i would also say that you need to find a college to go to instead of saying everything will be fine and g to community college. i would have also have asked more questions to help prepare me for the work load that i would be taken on in college.

sarah

University of Indianapolis is a hidden gem in the middle of Indianapolis. In my eyes, University of Indianapolis is know best for its size. It is a small campus where everything is within walking distance. The campus is beautiful with trees and a canal. Students enjoy sitting outside to complete course work, eat lunch, or playing by the canal to relieve stress.

University of Indianapolis is unique because of the size of the classes. Liberal Arts classes only have about 50 students. However, when you get into classes taken for your degree the class sizes are about 12-24. I really liked the amount of individual attention all students were able to receive.

Dear Self, 1. College is a time to make mistakes! So go out and do it. Try new things even if they sound weird or unusual. Join clubs, intramurals, and organizations that have nothing to do with your major but seem interesting and fun. 2. A time wasted with wonderful people – isn’t really wasted time. Meet new people and spend countless hours talking about nature, life, hopes, movies or whatever you want. Some of the most memorial times you will have will be sitting in the lobby of the dorm or cafeteria meeting new people and laughing about new things! 3. Study hard and Play hard! Learn to review things daily so that you don't have to study so much when the test comes and you have more time to play in and out of the dorm room. 4. Don't take things to seriously. Be kind to yourself. It is okay to earn a C on a test or paper. It is okay kiss a boy you don't really see in your future. You don't have to worry or fuss over it. Be kind and enjoy this time in your life! Love, Your Future Self

Don't just settle for what your parents want. You have to make the decision of what you want to do, where you want to go, etc. It's your life, and your parents aren't living it for you. You have to want to do this. Also, apply everywhere, even if you know you don't want to go there. You may change your mind later on and transfer. It's easier if they have your application in from earlier.

The only person that should not attend this school is a person who will not show up for classes, attempt to do their work, or has no motivation to succeed. As long as you are there to work hard towards what you want to do, you are perfect for this school. Never give up!

I do not brag about my school. I do tell them what I like; the professors, the classes, the nursing school is close to many hospitals or health facilities, the environment, the band, being close to downtown Indianapolis, etc.

University of Indianapolis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.