University of Indianapolis

« See more reviews of University of Indianapolis

U of I is unique because of its small and close atmosphere. Everyone gets to know everyone else on campus especially the professors because students aren't a mere number of a page, but an actual person. The smaller class sizes at U of I also allow for better learning. The students are also granted access to their professors from email to their cell numbers. The professors really want to see the students succeed and will help them achieve their goals at all cost.

When I compare schools with my friends, I feel my college is more diverse. I know most school's have a quota for diversity, but at my college I feel like every individual is not only seen as a number, but a person. Also, I would say my peers are more career driven. I have friends who go to other schools and their intersts vary considerably, and they are more focused on social aspects opposed to academics.

My school is very strict on volunteering. I was also looking at a few other public schools and I felt like they didn't care about me or the community. The University of Indianapolis' moto is "Education for service." This is a very improtant thing for me. Volunteering in a community a person lives in is important. If everyone works together to make their community a lot better they would be happier.

The close proximity within downtown Indianapolis is nice. The school is fairly small so it tends to be easier to build relationships with your professors to develop internships or to just have a good standing with your professor. The business and nursing programs are quite active; there are many clubs related to those fields and many ways to get involved for prospective nursing and/or business students.

The unique thing about my school, and the reason why I chose it, is the Psychology program. The University of Indianapolis has a very diverse and well structured Psychology program. If I choose, I am able to obtain my Master's degree and my Doctorate degree. There are many opportunities to be a part of a research or participate in a research study which is very good for experience.

University of Indianapolis is unique because of the size of the classes. Liberal Arts classes only have about 50 students. However, when you get into classes taken for your degree the class sizes are about 12-24. I really liked the amount of individual attention all students were able to receive.

My university is unique in the fact that it has students from over 70 different nations and religious backgrounds and has many different cultural groups to allow students at the university to be involved in their cultures and learn more about their far way homes.

The most unique thing about my school, compared to other schools I considered is that it is a small school, which gives you more one-on-one time with your teachers when you need help.

I love how small the classes are. Their are only about 15-20 students in each class. Even if the classes take place in a lecture hall, the class size is still quite small.

There is not much distraction going on around campus so there will have enough time to do your work, the size, the location, and the people.