University of Iowa Top Questions

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

As a freshman, I primarily studied in my dorm. I lived in Currier, which has a quiet room, which is where I was the most productive. I also lived with many students in the same classes, so our entire floor would be up late together studying. After freshman year, my favorite places to study was probably the Main Library on the higher floors where it was quiet. During finals week, I typically study at the IMU. It is nice, because I get there early in the morning and the River Room has food available all day and I never have to leave studying for too long. I also like to study in the Pappajohn Business Library in between classes.

Jon

There are lots of libraries on campus with spaces that few students use. I like to go to the top floor of the business library when I need a quiet space. The entire law library is also good for that. The Van Allen Commons is a new space that is great for studying with floor to ceiling white boards and lots of great spaces. The University is also planning to renovate the Main Library to offer a similar space soon. When it's nice out there are lots of places outside that have Wi-Fi including the entire Pentacrest.

Aubrey

I've found that the best place to get work done is at the Blank Honors Center. The third floor of the building is designated as a study area for students. There are couches, chairs, tables, a library, an ITC, study rooms, lounge areas, a kitchen, and even a balcony for when the weather is nice! It's open from 8 am until 12 am Monday through Thursday, from 8-5 on Friday, 12-5 on Saturday, and 12-12 on Sunday, so there's plenty of time to get work done at the BHC. There are also events hosted in the Blank Honors Center. It's really my second home at the University of Iowa and it's where I am most productive!