University of Iowa Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I really liked Iowa, because I wanted to find a school away from my high school. I wanted to be able to meet new people and find a new group of friends. This was nice, because not many people from my high school came here. I also liked how the campus was set up and how scenic it was near the river.

I didn't actually visit any other colleges. I've lived in Iowa my whole life and I went to summer camp at the University, so I guess I just always assumed that was where I would go to college. They gave me a great package of scholarships so I just kind of jumped into it without considering many other schools.

April 31st! The day before the national deadline. I was going between Indiana University and University of Iowa. I felt more comfortable at Iowa and it was more compact than the huge Indiana University, so I ultimately decided to go to Iowa.

Jon

I came to Iowa mostly because they have great business and entrepreneurship programs and because of the in-state tuition. I would probably have to pay more than 3 or 4 times as much for the same quality education anywhere else. I've also been a huge Hawkeye fan all my life so it would have been hard for me to go to school more than an hour or 2 away because I wouldn't be able to come back for the football games very easily (I don't think that actually persuaded me to come here). The campus and facilities are also all very nice and most of the people here are very friendly. I usually make at least a few friends in each class that I still talk to and hang out with on occasion.