University of Kentucky Top Questions

The best thing about my school would be the amount of useful knowledge you gain in the classes you take. The University of Kentucky provide students with difficult courses before the start of courses in their respected field of study, which allows the students to gain the background knowledge they need for their field of study courses.

The best thing about the University of Kentucky is the professors. In contrast to most high school teachers, UK’s professors actually care about their student’s grades. Not only making sure we understand the material and are prepared for exams, the majority of professors go out of their way to speak one-on-one with you or to set up a meeting outside of class to review a topic. Even though these men and women have years of education on their students, they still have the ability to see eye to eye with us.

The passion that we all have for sports, basketball of course, is absolutely amazing. UK has some of the top ranked education programs in the country, but along with that, we also have an absolutely amazing student athlete program for many, many sports. We are very passionate about men's basketball and to be a part of one of the nation's best fan bases is pretty awesome. Being at UK, you learn to juggle your academics with sports and extra-curricular activities. It definitely makes you a well-rounded student!

I would consider the diversity the best aspect of the University of Kentucky. The University of Kentucky makes it very clear that judgement and discrimination are no match for the determination that can be met with their nationally ranked programs to provide success for every student with the will to succeeed.

Unity is the best part about my school. Although we may have different views in the classroom, we are all Wildcats, and that is an amazing bond.

Jackie

The school spirit is one of the greatest aspects of the University of Kentucky. It is nice to be part of a great community of students and faculty who enjoy going to events such as basketball and football games.

Nastacia

The sense of unity on campus. I meet someone new everyday and feel like I have support or a connection with each person I meet. There is so much school pride and I am proud to say I attend UK.

The school spirit, I've never been one to be super involved or enthusiastic about school sports, but that has changed completely since I've been here. There is such a family created through the fun of sports.

Our school pride is like no other school in the country. Everyone wonders what it is like to be a UK student, to have that Wildcat stride.

T'Kiah

University of Kentucky promotes diversity through its programs, clubs, travel opportunities and student body. They a Global Living -Learning community dorm which houses people from all over the world. They also offer travel abroad opportunities for reasearch, arts and culture enrichment and college credit. Exposure to an inclusive environment helps students to be able to live, work and communicate with people all over the world regardless of background.

The best thing about my school is its diversity and the acceptance of diverse people. There's always something to do here or someone to hang out with. Most importantly, no one truly criticizes you for being different. Everyone is quite open, which is the best thing about UK.

kay

Knowledgable staff. It allows for a great learning experience.

The best thing about this school is the variety of programs available.

Rodney

The best aspects about the University of Kentucky (UK) are the opportunities to meet new people around campus and solidify one's identity. UK's diversity and magnitude of people from different areas across the Midwest United States offers any student the chance to interact with people from different social backgrounds and build new friendships inside the classroom and out. There are many different student organizations ranging from Student Government to the Greek community that can facilitate new encounters and help establish one's goals and personal outlook on their career.

Klayton

The sports. I am a huge sports fan, and it was one of the leading factors for why I came. The sport teams at University of Kentucky are quality and provide fun activities.

UK is an amazing school. Every aspect from academics to athletics is great, but the best thing I like about UK is it feels like I'm part of a large people. I definitely feel at home there and I feel like the school is helping me grow and learn in a safe, comfortable, enjoyable environment.

Tim

I consider the many services to assist students in their studies the best thing about UK. Every college has a specific tutoring area of some sort, and many have several. There is also never a shortage of tutors around campus, and the professors don't mind working with you on problems during their office hours, and seem to really care. The fact that there are so many ways that a student can get help is in itself encouraging, because it makes you feel like everyone WANTS you to succeed in all that you do.

Brandy

There are so many amazing things about Kentuky. One of the best things I would have to say about it is the insane school pride. Athletics are huge here, and the whole community and even state gather around to support our athletes and our school. It is just a really fun atmosphere, and it is the epitome of what college should be like. Friends and family, the sea of blue pride, and tons of laughter and good times. Everyone at Kentucky really seems to bleed blue. Even if you don't like sports, theres so much to do.

The best thing about my school is its basketball team and the enthusiasm surrounding the program. Ranked number one in the SEC, the Wildcats have a 19-1 record . Unfortunately, tonight we lost our first game to South Carolina, very depressing. Students get tickets by a lottery system. Thousands of people wait in line to get even one ticket. Most students waiting in line don?t get tickets. So far the lottery has been worth the wait. You are considered crazy if you have never been to a game. This year I got Erupption Zone tickets! It is so fun!!!

Iesha

The best thing about the University of Kentucky, in my opinion, is the people. Kentucky is already a diverse state and the majority of the colleges and universities in this state are no different. Not only are there so many people from different backgrounds, religions and races but there are over 300 clubs, activities, frats and sororities, etc. It's like there is a place for everyone and I just love that feeling. It's impossible to come to UK and not find a group of people that you will automatically click with.

The best thing about my school is probably the Greek life. I joined a sorority, and the sisterhood I have found has been phenomenal. Greek life is a huge deal at UK and it allows you to meet so many people and presents lots of oppurtunities for service and scholarship. I have had so many oppurtunities that I feel I wouldn't have had without my sorority. The town is also great, Lexington revolves around UK and they are so supportive. The athletics are definitely a plus as well.

The best thing about the University of Kentucky is the numerous opportunities that are offered to the students, such as research internships and study abroad. All these opportunities help students to stand out when going into their future careers.

The best thing about the University of Kentucky is the atmosphere of the campus and the surrounding city. Everyone wears school colors and attends school function, be it basketball games, concerts or special lectures. The city shows its full support for the school; every business shows off the school logo or colors and will usually give student discounts. Lexington is obviously a college town and it is evident to everyone.

Abid

The tradition of UK athletics. Kentucky has long been known as a "basketball" school. The basketball team, for as long as I can remember, has always lived up to th greatness that has become UK. The Academics at UK also makes it standout. The focus on the student athete is a huge interest of my, since i hope to join the UK football team

All of the resources are the best parts of UK. Whether you need help with school, a certain club, or even personal conflicts, there are groups and organizations to help out the students who happen to need it. Some smaller colleges could probably have this sort of help with ease, but being that UK is so big, I'm astounded that the amount of help I have received has been supplied by the University.

Richea

The best thing about my school to me is that you get in free to most of the athletic events besides football and basketball which are only 5 dollars.

UK is a fairly large campus. I didn't think that I would enjoy it, but I do. Not only do I get my daily exercise from walking to class, but I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery that UK's campus has to offer. Also, UK has one of the largest libraries in Kentucky. This is where everyone goes to work on last minute projects, papers, or just to hang out in a study group. UK is great.

Sophia

A good reputation, solid education and low cost.

The best thing about my school is the pride and involvement that the students and the faculty have here. UK is very focused on tradition and excellence and majority of the people here greatly enjoy the environment that the campus has. There is an abundance of activities to get involved in and encouragement for all students to do so.

The food and the school spirit.

The best thing about UK is all the sporting events you can attend. I went to UK because I had been a diehard UK basketball fan since I was born and it seemed like the best fit for me because I wanted to be a part of that tradition.

The Hispanic Studies department because the professors are always willing to go the extra mile and help students.

I really like how enthusiastic all of the stundents are about our school. every sudent seems to love this school and they support it alot.

The best thing about my school is that the campus is not too big and it's fairly easy to learn where your classes are.

robert

There are so many diverse people and everyone is primarily there to learn

Gretchen

The community that is formed at the University of Kentucky is by far the best thing that it has to offer. No matter who you are or where you're from, you will find people that you will get along with and become life long friends with.

Audra

UK possesses a strong sense of unity. Even when one is struggling academically, or in a personal dilemma, there is always a fellow student, professor, or resource you can turn to for guidance. A helping hand or shoulder to cry on is seldom hard to find. and having that sense of belonging and unity, puts a student at ease when it comes to the pressure of entering the "real world".

I believe that Uk was so great due to the diversity that surrounded the campus. I was always given the opprotunity to interact and get involoved with others outside my culture and/or gender. This diversity allowed each student to feel welcome on campus and relate to their peers no matter what religion, culture, or background.

Ashleigh

I love the people!

All the fantastic friends I have made. I never had very many friends in high school but I have made best friends for life at UK. Not only are they awesome companions but great study partners who will also help me out of jams.

The spirit here is the best! Everyone here LOVES UK and love UK for life! C-A-T-S Cats! Cats! Cats!

Carrie

I think the best thing about this school is the spirit. Everyone just loves to get together to have a good time-- be it at football games, basketball games, bars, parties, campus sponsored events, and even studying. Most people take a lot of pride in being a Wildcat. Also, most people you meet always seem to be open to making new friends and helping out others.

I love my sorority, club horseback riding team, and the friends I have made because they have helped shaped my college experience to be as awesome as it has been so far.

Jordon

Our history, especially our basketball history.

The fact that it's well-known and highly regarded.

Shelley

All the different opportunities available to major in and the programs available to help graduates find jobs. The Career Center on campus has really been a godsend for me in helping me to prepare for Graduate School. UK offers many different choices and paths for incoming freshman to discover who they want to become. Also, the campus is big, but yet small enough to still be personal.

The diversity, and the freedom of choices in majors, classes, and social groups. I did a lot of research in finding a major and took surveys at the career center which helped me decide that I wanted to be an engineer. Incoming freshman are able to be undecided and find a major that fits them well.

The amount of oppertunities avalible both while you are a student and after you graduate. You have the oppertunity to build your resume so you have more experience which can help you achieve higher positions in your life.

Lots of social activities, gym, libraries, and computer labs

UK boasts a daily, student-produced newspaper; an eclectic university radio station; myriad student organizations; and a vibrant volunteering center. There are also free, on-campus services where students can get tutoring, help with writing, disabilities support, counseling, health checkups, and support for gender identity, racial issues, and violence intervention. Available majors range from art studio to business and economics to dairy science to English to Russian to anthropology to physics. With so many options, and with a beautiful campus, helpful staff, talented professors, and a great atmosphere, UK is a fantastic place for pursuing one's higher eduacation goals.