University of La Verne Top Questions

What's the Greek scene like?

Allyse

Greek life is very big on our campus. The Greek students are very prominent, because they are also involved in a number of other things. Our Greek students tend to be involved in student government, sports, drama, choir, and activity planning. They have good connections with other students and faculty that allows them to know what is going on on campus. The Greeks on our campus are nothing at all like Tv stereotypes. They spend a lot of time doing philanthropic work, which benefits the community and the campus. There are no Greek houses on campus or off, because La Verne does not allow for that. However, many students that are part of the same organization tend to room together on campus, and get houses or apartments together off campus. The bonds that are created in Greek organizations on campus are really tight. One of the reasons for this is because we are a small campus. Other campuses have a lot of Greek org’s, with each org having a ton of members. We have six total Greek organizations, and each one has an average of 40 members. This means the members truly get to know one another very well. I have been to campuses where some of the members don’t even know the names of all their sisters or brothers – it’s very sad.