Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Lance

UL Lafayette has a few impressive programs, and I have experienced two of them. I started in nursing, and it was amazing. Super knowledgeable teachers who take their job very seriously, but I realized it wasn't something I wanted to do as a career so I switched to business. It's been a joke. Most of the professors are underwhelming and dull with the occasional exception. I have learned very little from the business department and am graduating next semester. The campus overall is very beautiful. They do a great job to keep it maintained and they're are over 300 century oak trees on campus -- very beautiful. Most people seem to be at the school to simply get a diploma, very few seem genuinely interested in academia. It's a pretty large campus for Louisiana with a great level of diversity!

Jonathan

UL Lafayette is a decent college and is somewhat affordable. Yet I can see things falling apart if the administration, faculty, and students are not careful. I feel like I have to invest more time and energy into things that I do not have. There are resources on campus that are useful and there are things that I wish we had. There is no place in the world like Lafayette, Louisiana but unfortunately a student's experience here may be ruined by

J

I wasn't initially interested in attending the University of Louisiana at Lafayette but that all changed once I decided on my field - Int'l relations. Their political science department is tricameral: general poli sci, pre-law, and int'l relations. This allows a lot of room for specialization of one's chosen field of study. Furthermore, each branch has professors that are passionate and make themselves available all the time. They're super passionate and resourceful. All of this makes me really appreciate UL at Lafayette. Many of the facilities on campus are new and kept clean and manicured. Although the wifi has a long way to go in terms of speed, it is being worked on which is great. Overall, there is more good that UL at Lafayette has to offer than bad. There are a plethora of clubs to join and become involved in. Your experience at this school is really what you make of it.

caitlyn

I love being a Ragin Cajun! its so diverse and very welcoming!

I love being a Ragin Cajun! its so diverse and very welcoming!

Alesia
Ul

I love the school and would like to recieve information about it.

Ul

I love the school and would like to recieve information about it.

sharon
Sweet home Cajun Country

Sweet home Cajun Country

Overall, a great school to attend. Profs are reachable and involved, admin makes the process relatively easy, the culture enhances the overall experience.

Lindsey

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would honestly tell myself to work a little bit harder. I took a couple years off after high school, while it was good for me to do, I wish I could tell myself to go straight to college after graduating high school. Also most importantly, I would tell myself to continue with dancing, which I had done my entire life, up until one year after I graduated.

rebekah

Stay in school. Life does not get any better than now. Talk to a new person everyday. Get involved!

There are not enough parking around campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell her that everything is going to work out. I would say that to always trust your instincts, because they are usually spot on. I would say that it's okay to not be perfect--not making an A on a test was not going to be the worst possible thing to happen. I would tell my younger self not to be so hard on yourself and that it's okay to make mistakes--as long as you learn something from the experience. I think the most important bit of knowledge I've learned through my college career is this: No matter what the end result is, if you put in your absolute best work or best efforts into something, you are successful. I would tell her that this is the most important thing to realize in both college and life.

The local community really makes UL Lafayette a great university. There's a ton of culture in Lafayette. The professors I've had have been great and have made classes interesting and are usually willing to help students in any way they can. There are several opportunities to get involved in the community and make connections with other students through various aspects of campus life. All the dorms are less than 3 years old--so they're very nice!

UL Lafayette is a great fit for any kind person, to be honest. The student body is very diverse with people from all walks of life. I choose UL Lafayette because I knew it was a perfect fit for me. They have excellent programs--especially in Sciences, Nursing, and Engineering. The tuition is very much affordable! It's the best school to go to if you want a qaulity education without spending tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.

Sirikhwan
Tell us about your professors.

Don't listen to rate my professors. Have your own experiences to review from.

Tell us about your professors.

Don't listen to rate my professors. Have your own experiences to review from.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Better than LSU. It looks like it's been cooked in a kitchen rather than reheated.

PLEASE PRINT OUT YOUR SYLLABUSES BEFORE CLASS. PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF PROFESSORS HAVE PUT THE LECTURE SLIDES ONLINE BEFORE CLASS. PLEASE DO HOMEWORK OR REVIEW NOTES RIGHT AFTER CLASS. Don't forget to eat and drink water throughout the day.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Asian-American, second-generation but Americanized by the Millennial standards, I am currently a first-year student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Originally, I attended the Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, but found that the culture was too big for a hometown girl, such as myself. I’m learning the ways of what it is like to become a human adult-child, though I’d prefer to trade places with a house cat some days. When I’m not plotting blueprints in my mind, I’m pondering about who I am and where I am going and how I can inspire those around me to inspire some sort of goodness in their day. I want to be in a position where I am capable and able to say that I can help someone, be it through charity or simply tipping at the local cafe. I’d like to have my own line of toys one day. One day, it’d be great to give back to children in unfortunate or lesser circumstances, and to provide a safe and encouraging environment that challenges their mind and body. Design is inherent in life; it can make artists or mercenaries out of the ordinary.

What do people really wear to class?

Collegiate logos, sometimes other school's logos, sometimes their senior year apparel, yoga pants for girls, tank tops, lots of Nike on men and women, sometimes scarves, shorts, etc.

What are your classes like?

My classes are average-size, but small compared to what I had at LSU during my first semester there. I prefer the traditional classroom setting compared to auditorium lectures.

No one will turn you away if you need help or have to ask for directions on campus.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.