Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Fabian

I would tell my high school self to major in athletic training from the start and hurry up and finish as soon as possible and not wait around. I would also tell him to save as much money as possible so the financial burden of a university wouldn't be so big.

I can't find anything wrong with the school

A person who is commited to learning and determined to finish their schooling, get a degree and find a job that they will always love

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definately tell myself to stay on top of deadlines. I would also tell myself to do things ahead of time, and take every assignment seriously. The most important thing I would tell myself as a high school senior is that tgeh decisions I make now will determine the outcome of my future. Make decisions that will secure you a better future, and take all possible consequences into consideration.

THe worst thing about my school is teh busy offices. There is never an open line to call, and that can be very annoying.

when I tell my friends about my school, I always brag about the school spirit. There are so many activities for the students to take part in, and there is never a dull moment. The professors are allso very concerned. They always take the time out to get to know you and your personal learning style and personality. These are just a few of the many things I brag on about my school.

Brennan

I would say that it is perfectly fine to not be completely confident with what career path you plan on graduating in. It does help to figure it out as soon as possible so that you are not wasting your or anyone else's time and money blindly pursuing a career. I would also encourage networking with upperclassmen. If you can show that you are serious about your pursuit in whatever field you are focused on, they will normally provide you with old notes and textbooks from courses that they have previously taken which will give you a great headstart and advantage over your other classmates.

Once you put forth the effort and make yourself known to your professors, they are willing to help you out in whatever way possible to make sure that you succeed in your acedemic endeavors.

Individuals who attend this school do not slack off or leave projects halfway completed. The individuals that do have these qualities get weeded out very early in their academic career which results in a condusive and healthy environment for upperclassmen to pursue their field of study.

DeSean

The most spirited and friendly school I could have ever chosen.

The most spirited and friendly school I could have ever chosen.

Apply for scholarships at the very beginning of school. Mostly, keep your values number one at all times because everyone is not out to help you. You can do anything you set your mind to and get ready for the best experience of your life.

A person who loves being involved on campus, very friendly, and willing to help others.

David

If I can just go back in time and think about the most important things that I want to do and learn about college life. As a high school senior, I was almost aware of what my future would be and what major I'm going to study once I start entering to college as a freshman. Going to college is like experiencing your own personality such as meeting new people, knowing some extracurricular activities, information about college courses, meetings, conferences, rooms in which students need to take their classes at, and most important of all understanding who you are. Attending college is not about going to their classes to further their education, it's about expanding your knowledge and know exactly what is going on in the college environment. As I come to my conclusion, being in the college life can help students like me to achieve our goals in order to do our best and become good educators while studying inside and outside the college environment. I can simply see myself going one step ahead into earning a degree and can finally be able to find a career that I've always dreamed of.

As a fourth year college student I would describe my classmates driven. Being a biology major I have noticed that overall everyone has the same mind-set, which is to give every required class their all. There is a noticible difference between biology major classes and others. Classes which are required for biology majors is a friendly compeition. Everyone gives every assignment and test their overall best, while at the same time everyone is willing to help one other achieve their goals. The classes are large compared to those of a high school, but meeting people is rather easy.

When I began my college career I had no clue who or what I wanted to make of my future. I worked too many hours at my part-time job and worried more about making money than making grades. I finally found my passion, to become a pharmacist and I've really had to work hard to get my GPA where it needs to be in order to obtain a sit in pharmacy school. So I would suggest every college freshman to take advantage and get their money's worth out of every single class; whether it is pertaining to their major or not. Give every class a chance. Some of my most enjoyable classes are the classes that I assumed I would dread, so be sure to go in with an open mind. If you struggle with a subject do not hesistate to get help. Go to tutoring on campus, visit your professor for help, and network with class-mates. Go to your professors office hours whether you are struggling or not. Many professors enjoy visiting with their students and seeing that they take an interest in the lecture that they have worked hard to prepare.

I throughly enjoy my school and the pride it attains. The only downfall would be the parking. Pretty much everyday I have to pay to park my car on campus. Yes, there is a bus from Cajun Field, which is offered for free however the few times I have tried to take advantage of its' services it has not been on time. I would not consider parking a major deciding factor because there is a new parking garage being built now. There is always safe, free parking at the nearby park.

sarah

Today as I look back at myself a year ago. I smile proudly. Not because I was the most successful student in my high school, or I had a 4.5 GPA. No, I was actually one of the average students, who had a 2.7 GPA. But I was a hard worker, a determined student, and an achiever. I smile proudly, because I never missed any homework, and never turned an assignment not on time. However, the only thing that bothers me, when I remember myself in high school is that how I never took time as serious as I do now. If I had the chance to talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would advise myself to respect time as much as possible. Arrive to class on time, not 5 minutes later, and attend every school day I am able to attend.

Stefanie

Dear Past Me, Some advice from me to you on handling college and college life would be to calm down, and don't stress out. Enjoy life in high school and try to get more involved. Visit the College Guidence Counselor as often as you can, he really knows what he is doing and wants to help. Apply for as many scholarships as you can! One book costs $130! Try and get grants too, anything will help you when it comes to paying for school. Most importantly, take classes that you are interested in; yes you'll have to take math and biology your first year, everyone does, but be sure that your other classes are interesting. Why pay to be bored? Try to enjoy college, it's the last step before becoming a "real" adult.

The school hosts a lot of events for students to get to know each other.

The most frustrating thing about UL is the parking situation. They have enough spaces for the people who live on campus to park while the commuters (nearly half the students) are forced to park at the Cajun Dome and ride the bus to campus, or park in neighborhoods and walk. While the school does have some spaces available for commuters, they go fast and are nearly 500$.

Christina

I would tell myself a few things. I now know things that I wish I knew back then. Had I known it sooner I may have been better off. First thing I would tell myself is to be careful who I become friends with. I made friends with some really immature and few emotionally and mentally unstable people at one school I went to. It is fun to joke around with people but there is a time and place. It was a lot of drama I got into with people. You need to find friends who are good for you not ones who cause you trouble. Another thing I would tell myself is to stay focused. School is hard work. Like anything of value you need to work hard to get. A semester can go by fast. It is ok to have fun now and then but school comes first. I wish I went back in time and told myself that. As they say "hindsite is 20/20". As I continue my education I will keep those two things in mind.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.