Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Ruth

Please! You’ve got to listen . I know things seem impossible right now. I know you're homeless because of your Mothers alcoholism, but leaving school is just going to make things worse for you. It is going to send you into a life you never wanted for yourself. Trust me please, I have been there. I know how incredibly difficult your life will be if you don’t finish high school and go on to college. You will marry way too young; and have four beautiful daughters, but your marriage will be very abusive. You will have low paying jobs, and your beautiful little girls will suffer from it. By the time you get the chance to go to college you will be forty years old. Being legally blind and taking care of your girls while trying to earn your degree will be completely exhausting. You are going to look back and wish with all your heart you had stayed in school, and earned your degree. Leaving school now may seem like your only option, but I don’t think you realize that your only option is to stay in school. Do it for yourself and for your girls.

Andrea

I would tell myself to become even more involved with campus activities and also to become involved early. This would be a great way to meet even more people and to explore and learn different interest. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to try something different and to also stay involve in sports. Staying involved in sports will help you to continue to be healthy and fit. Additionally, I would let myself know that I am smart and I have so much potential to make a change in the campus-community and the community surronding the campus.

The worst thing I consider is how some people can get away with things thqt others can not.

Anyone can attend this school.

Abdou

It was small enough to where professors could give you needed attention yet large enough to be considered a big university.

Their engineering department and the cajun bot (a lunar rover designed by UL students)

I wish I could go back in time and talk to the 18 year old, peer pressured, high school version of myself who cared more about upcoming video games then he did about his own future. In truth, all the advice I would give myself is a recycled version of things my mother tried to tell me. But, like requests to clean my room, it was ignored. I came out of high school with a mediocre GPA and mediocre goals for college. I simply wanted to take the easy route and get a degree to appease my mother. But, as I started to manage my finances, I learned very quickly how much living expenses cost. Aside from living expenses, I began to see how much of a financial drain my social life became. It wasn't until I met a friend of mine in my sophomore year that I learned a valuable lesson. This friend of mine, an honors student, had scholarships aiding him to pay for his tuition. Although short, I would tell my former self about what the future will hold for him, and I would tell him to do everything possible to bring up that GPA.

Tremaine

I have gained more knowledge and it was able to prepare me for the new world post college.

I wish that before coming to this school I would have known that I could dual enroll at another local school.

The worst thing about my school is that it is always under construction to bring it up to date and majority of dorms are unsanitary. Also there is no decent parking available on campus nor around. This is what has made me move off campus to my family.

The campus! It's beautiful and completely a testament to our cajun culture. There is a swamp smack in the middle of campus, complete with cypress trees and pirougues. It's full of alligators, fish, and turtles. You can feed them on your break along with the friendly campus squirrels!

My college experience is far from over but I can see what I'm gaining already. I've found confidence and a self awareness. I have a who new outlook on who I am as a person, and I'm constantly making new discoveries. College is can end up being a spiritual experience even if you aren't looking for one. It's full of self discovery , and it's beautiful if you let it be.

Ibrag about my classes and my teachers. being involved in the arts, I'm lucky to have a super warm and open environment.

Jenea

The school focus on helping the students learn morals for life while learning the field that the student is pursueing. Since I been in college I learned its preparing you for life , this college do not take any slack and wants all their students to succeed.

For the past five months I have been in college , I learned that when you want something you really have to work for it. I am trying to finish college in three years so that mean that I have to take the maximum amount of courses for every semester and pass every class , but its not easy. I have learned to time management and work around different rules. In every class , my teachers expected something different from everyone they had different rules and assignments. The way I had my classed on Tuesday's I had one class and the rest of the day was for me . Instead of taking a break I would take that time to caught up with assignments and research. This experience is valuable to me because I want my children to look up to me as a good role model . Someone that worked for what they wanted even when what she wanted seem so far . I am a poor freshman student all I can pay for are my books and apartment . I do not even have enough money to pay for the partial payment of my son's daycare ,butI will finish college .

I brag how they have Family Housing located right by their daycare. I live in Family Housing with my two year old son . I have no car , but the daycare is just a three minute walk from the apartments. Then most of my classes are just across the street or bike ride away making it easy to attend college while caring for a two year old.

Tashona

I am happy that I chose to attend a two - year college versus a four year college because I am not ashamed to ask questions. The class size is a lot smaller and it's easier to connect to classmates and my instructors. I love participating in activities going on on campus. My instructors have been extremely helpful in my learning process and a lot of them are easy to talk to about personal problems. It's hard to believe that I am almost done and I won't see my instructors anymore, but I am confident I will return to visit and thank them for preparing me for preparing me for a career in the medical field. It has been valuable for me to attend college because I will graduate with an Associates Degree in Medical Assisting. From there, I can further my education by going for nursing, and then possibly a doctor or surgeon.

Patrick

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is renowned for its advanced computer science programs and studies and is one of the best in the nation.

On campus the school has a swamp with live alligators and wildlife. There are also many stores and companies across the street that offer many job opportunities to the students to help pay for tuition.

In college I have learned what it means to be living in the real world. It has taught me the value of many things and I am better prepared to go through school to get a job to support myself and my family.

Cara

I have become more responsible, studious and goal oriented. I now know the true value of an education and I am determined to go as far as I can educationally. I take my college career very seriously and plan to remain at the top of my class. I am excited and more than ready to be the best that I can be in my future nursing career.

Trellis

Most of my classmates are lazy, inconsiderate, impolite, rude people; but, there are a small amount of students who are kind, couetuous, polite and nice.

So far, I have receive an immense amount of knowledge since I started college. Since I started attending I have become more diverse in subjects that I had little information about. I also know that if I was unable to continue college or if my career plan did not work as plan, I would be able to easily find another career in something that I might enjoy.

Before I came to U.L., I wished that I had to take alot of prep. courses before I would be able to take any of my core-classes. I also wished that I would have no that must people in this university are untrustworthy and lazy.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.