Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Kina

The school is known for its Petroleum Engineering Department and Nursing Degree. Being the Ragin Cajuns. An awesome basketball team and baseball team.

I have gotten a great education out of this experience. The ability to feed my family and a proud feeling.

The best thing about my school was the supportive people in student services.

Kevin

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is best known for its programs in environmental science, engineering, visual arts and education. It is the second largest university in the state of Louisiana. UL Lafayette includes 10 colleges, offering 80 Undergraduate Degree programs, 29 Master's Degree programs, and 9 Doctorate programs.

College has been a rollercoaster for me of great discovery and intense learning experiences. I learned working hard is not enough to make it in college, but to stay determined and being enthusiastic of your career choice. Without college, I would not know what I know now and met people that have become my great mentors and friends. When I first entered college, I took it for granted. I pretended it was just an extension of high school, but in time I came to realize it was not. Unlike high school, college projects onto you the responsibilities of being an individual and helps you to self realize where you want to go in life and how you can impact the world.

The best thing about the University of Louisiana at Lafayette are the programs that are easily accessible to your degree. The professors are always willing to help and offer great advice and learning experiences for you. I also enjoy the campus itself. It is clean and made beautiful with trees cascading over every sidewalk and a local bayou in the middle of campus which offers a great southern flavor to the already beautiful scenery.

Sally

My classmates are like the Mercedes in a Wal Mart parking lot, simply put... GREAT!

My college experience has been the best experience of my life. I am only a freshmen, and I have learned so much. From life lessons, to the books. I have ultimately learned how to grow up and be an independent person. I've learned that everything you get in life has to be earned and worked for. It wasn't easy getting everything I wanted, but I worked hard for what I wanted. College teaches you how to be a more well-rounded and open-minded person. It exposes you to all different types of people, and I have learned to accept people for who they are. It is very valuable to attend college because this is the time where you learn life-long lessons. It molds you into the person you will be in the future.

The best thing about my school is the environment. Anywhere and everywhere I go it feels like everyone accepts you. It feels like a big family. The people are friendly, and it is true when they say the southern hospitality is amazing. I never feel left out, and there is always something to do on campus. I am very proud to say that I am a Ragin Cajun!

Claudio

So far I have only had two weeks of school since I graduated in 2008. I took a year and a half off so i could buy a car since my family is not the wealthiest. As of right now Im really glad I returned to school, it makes me proud of myself and makes my parents happy since Im a first generation college student. Ive have lerned that nothing can stand on your way if you really want to continue your education, not even me working two jobs and my dad being laid off leaving us living paycheck to paycheck. Returning to school gave me something to look forward to in life, I want to complete my two years at this community college, move on to a four year school and get my nursing degree that i have always wanted and will work hard for.

Lindsey

My school is great, it focuses on acidemics as well as athletics.

My school is great, it focuses on acidemics as well as athletics.

The most valuable asset I have gotten from college is the ability to interact well with others, as I was a very shy individual in high school. I have always wanted to attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette and when I graduated from high school I had some issues holding me back but five years later I decided to take the leap into college and it has payed off one hunderd percent.

David

My classmates are very supportive and encouraging. My major Nursing is very competitive, but everyone treats each other fairly. I like that and hope my career can continue with these kinds of honorable people. We all just want help everyone we care for in life and in the hospital.

II would not say much to myself as a high school senior. I think it would be a very freaky experience for the both of us. I am just now starting my new path as a nurse from a chemical engineer, and I am not totally sure if this is my best course of action for me. I was actually more focused back then and had a good judgment. All I had to worry about was my major, ROTC, and my athletics. I went to a great small college and was able to compete in NCAA cross country. I have no major regrets. My adulthood has been way more traumatic with job losses, mortgages, and children. I would not want to shock my simple fun college self with such future experiences, I have survived them.

The worst is clinical work in the hospital. We all have to wake-up and be at the hospital by 4 am. If we are just a minute late without an emergency excuse we fail. Anyway, it is the life of all nurses and if it doesn?t kill us it will make us stronger nurses. This is a part of the job so it is good to get a feel for it early so you know if it is something you really want to do.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette is unique because of the community in which it is located. The Acadiana area is fairly large, but for its size it is pretty close knit. There are always things to do here between campus activities, local festivals, and concerts. As we say in South Louisiana: ""lesse le bon temp rouler!" Which means: "let the good times roll!" We know how to have fun but when its time to buckle down and do work we put our hearts into it.

If I could go back in time and advise my Senior self, I would, without a doubt, push myself to do more, to participate more, to apply for every scholarship possible and to apply to other schools than just ULL. I would tell me work less and make more time for extracurricular activities like going to my senior prom or attending more than just my club meetings. Finally, I would tell me to stop stressing over my future so much. Then maybe I would not forget to enjoy my senior year.

Ashlyn

My school is full of spirit and academic excellence, due to fun extracurricular activities and many opportunities for gaining experience in your major.

The school uses Louisiana culture and traditions and uses it to events and activites. No one else has the the cajun culture and great food like lafayette, Louisiana.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self to put all my doubts behind me and rush for a sorority. I have a lot of friends that did and I realize now that I should have listened to myself and not others that convinced me not to. I also would dual enroll to get a head start in my classes and stayed in honors classes to get college credit that I was not aware of.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.