Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Jenea

The school focus on helping the students learn morals for life while learning the field that the student is pursueing. Since I been in college I learned its preparing you for life , this college do not take any slack and wants all their students to succeed.

For the past five months I have been in college , I learned that when you want something you really have to work for it. I am trying to finish college in three years so that mean that I have to take the maximum amount of courses for every semester and pass every class , but its not easy. I have learned to time management and work around different rules. In every class , my teachers expected something different from everyone they had different rules and assignments. The way I had my classed on Tuesday's I had one class and the rest of the day was for me . Instead of taking a break I would take that time to caught up with assignments and research. This experience is valuable to me because I want my children to look up to me as a good role model . Someone that worked for what they wanted even when what she wanted seem so far . I am a poor freshman student all I can pay for are my books and apartment . I do not even have enough money to pay for the partial payment of my son's daycare ,butI will finish college .

I brag how they have Family Housing located right by their daycare. I live in Family Housing with my two year old son . I have no car , but the daycare is just a three minute walk from the apartments. Then most of my classes are just across the street or bike ride away making it easy to attend college while caring for a two year old.

Tashona

I am happy that I chose to attend a two - year college versus a four year college because I am not ashamed to ask questions. The class size is a lot smaller and it's easier to connect to classmates and my instructors. I love participating in activities going on on campus. My instructors have been extremely helpful in my learning process and a lot of them are easy to talk to about personal problems. It's hard to believe that I am almost done and I won't see my instructors anymore, but I am confident I will return to visit and thank them for preparing me for preparing me for a career in the medical field. It has been valuable for me to attend college because I will graduate with an Associates Degree in Medical Assisting. From there, I can further my education by going for nursing, and then possibly a doctor or surgeon.

Patrick

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is renowned for its advanced computer science programs and studies and is one of the best in the nation.

On campus the school has a swamp with live alligators and wildlife. There are also many stores and companies across the street that offer many job opportunities to the students to help pay for tuition.

In college I have learned what it means to be living in the real world. It has taught me the value of many things and I am better prepared to go through school to get a job to support myself and my family.

Cara

I have become more responsible, studious and goal oriented. I now know the true value of an education and I am determined to go as far as I can educationally. I take my college career very seriously and plan to remain at the top of my class. I am excited and more than ready to be the best that I can be in my future nursing career.

Trellis

Most of my classmates are lazy, inconsiderate, impolite, rude people; but, there are a small amount of students who are kind, couetuous, polite and nice.

So far, I have receive an immense amount of knowledge since I started college. Since I started attending I have become more diverse in subjects that I had little information about. I also know that if I was unable to continue college or if my career plan did not work as plan, I would be able to easily find another career in something that I might enjoy.

Before I came to U.L., I wished that I had to take alot of prep. courses before I would be able to take any of my core-classes. I also wished that I would have no that must people in this university are untrustworthy and lazy.

Crystal

My college experience has truly helped shape my future. Even though I'm only in my first quarter of college, I have confidence to continue following my dreams. It is so valuable in helping me achieve the future that I know I can have as a dental hygienist. I've been exposed to so much diversity during my short time. I've gained much more confidence in myself as a student and a young lady. I feel as though the people I've met so far in college have helped me become more socially rounded. They've also helped by exposing me to so many new cultures and backgrounds. Attending college has definitely helped me form into a well rounded individual. College has opened up so many possible doorways for my future and guided me down the path to my dreams coming true.

Brandi

It is average, affordable, and convenient.

It is average, affordable, and convenient.

In my college experience, I have gotten a valuable education around friendly, helpful people for a price that I can afford with the financial aid available at my school and in my state. I have been guided along by professors and advisors and have found the right major and career path along the way with their help. I have learned much at my university, and there is always a place for me to study in order to excell. My university is close to home, which makes it more convenient, familiar, and nice. For the most part, the best thing I have gotten from my college experience is knowledge and understanding, especially of other cultures. It has been very helpful in outlining my future goals.

The academic programs and value are sufficient for the affordable price. It is close to home and easy to navigate. Mostly, it is convenient.

Patrice

So far in my college career, I've gotten the opportunity to learn about my strengths and weaknesses as well as my interests. As far as I can see college has been a place where I can express myself while searching to find who I really am. For example, I have found that I really enjoy volunteering and making a difference in the community through an organization at my university called AmeriCorps. I got the opportunity to tutor at risk youths, build ramps and railings for the handicapped and elderly, and complete more than 450 hours of community service on various volunteer efforts. I would have never thought that I would achieve so much through this organization while balancing a full time course load of school work. Attending college has be a valuable opportunity for me because I'm getting to see what's out there. That is to say that I'm being exposed to valuable resources and people that can lead me to success in life. My aspiration is to become a physician and college is helping me build the foundation that I'll need to progress in my academic and career journey.

The best thing about this unversity is that it offers alot of opportunities in undergraduate research. As a biology major, my plan is to attend medical school after I graduate; I feel that this instituition is well preparing me for what I'm to expect in medical school. Not only am I gaining an education in the biological sciences but I'm also gaining experience working in a lab and discovering something new.

Before I came to this school, I wished that I known about websites like ratemyprofessor.com because it would have helped me to pick my classes. That's not to say that I would have used such websites to pick the "easier" professor, but rather I would have use d it to take a professor who would challenge my mind and not give me a grade.

The students at my school have a ton of school spirit and pride for the surrounding area.

I have learned a lot in my college life. I have learned how to manages not only my time, but my money. I have learned the value of a dollar and how to get all of my school work done while balancing a part time job. It has been valuable to attend because many people who don't attend college live with their parents a long time and don't learn much about being on their own. I am really grateful that I am in college and I am learning more and more every day about life and I know when I graduate that I will be ready for a job in the real world because I have already had some experiance in college.

The worst ting about my school would have to be that there is not much that goes on in the evening or weekends because it is a huge commuter school and not many people live on campus.

Kina

The school is known for its Petroleum Engineering Department and Nursing Degree. Being the Ragin Cajuns. An awesome basketball team and baseball team.

I have gotten a great education out of this experience. The ability to feed my family and a proud feeling.

The best thing about my school was the supportive people in student services.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.