Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Brandi

It is average, affordable, and convenient.

It is average, affordable, and convenient.

In my college experience, I have gotten a valuable education around friendly, helpful people for a price that I can afford with the financial aid available at my school and in my state. I have been guided along by professors and advisors and have found the right major and career path along the way with their help. I have learned much at my university, and there is always a place for me to study in order to excell. My university is close to home, which makes it more convenient, familiar, and nice. For the most part, the best thing I have gotten from my college experience is knowledge and understanding, especially of other cultures. It has been very helpful in outlining my future goals.

The academic programs and value are sufficient for the affordable price. It is close to home and easy to navigate. Mostly, it is convenient.

Patrice

So far in my college career, I've gotten the opportunity to learn about my strengths and weaknesses as well as my interests. As far as I can see college has been a place where I can express myself while searching to find who I really am. For example, I have found that I really enjoy volunteering and making a difference in the community through an organization at my university called AmeriCorps. I got the opportunity to tutor at risk youths, build ramps and railings for the handicapped and elderly, and complete more than 450 hours of community service on various volunteer efforts. I would have never thought that I would achieve so much through this organization while balancing a full time course load of school work. Attending college has be a valuable opportunity for me because I'm getting to see what's out there. That is to say that I'm being exposed to valuable resources and people that can lead me to success in life. My aspiration is to become a physician and college is helping me build the foundation that I'll need to progress in my academic and career journey.

The best thing about this unversity is that it offers alot of opportunities in undergraduate research. As a biology major, my plan is to attend medical school after I graduate; I feel that this instituition is well preparing me for what I'm to expect in medical school. Not only am I gaining an education in the biological sciences but I'm also gaining experience working in a lab and discovering something new.

Before I came to this school, I wished that I known about websites like ratemyprofessor.com because it would have helped me to pick my classes. That's not to say that I would have used such websites to pick the "easier" professor, but rather I would have use d it to take a professor who would challenge my mind and not give me a grade.

The students at my school have a ton of school spirit and pride for the surrounding area.

I have learned a lot in my college life. I have learned how to manages not only my time, but my money. I have learned the value of a dollar and how to get all of my school work done while balancing a part time job. It has been valuable to attend because many people who don't attend college live with their parents a long time and don't learn much about being on their own. I am really grateful that I am in college and I am learning more and more every day about life and I know when I graduate that I will be ready for a job in the real world because I have already had some experiance in college.

The worst ting about my school would have to be that there is not much that goes on in the evening or weekends because it is a huge commuter school and not many people live on campus.

Kina

The school is known for its Petroleum Engineering Department and Nursing Degree. Being the Ragin Cajuns. An awesome basketball team and baseball team.

I have gotten a great education out of this experience. The ability to feed my family and a proud feeling.

The best thing about my school was the supportive people in student services.

Kevin

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is best known for its programs in environmental science, engineering, visual arts and education. It is the second largest university in the state of Louisiana. UL Lafayette includes 10 colleges, offering 80 Undergraduate Degree programs, 29 Master's Degree programs, and 9 Doctorate programs.

College has been a rollercoaster for me of great discovery and intense learning experiences. I learned working hard is not enough to make it in college, but to stay determined and being enthusiastic of your career choice. Without college, I would not know what I know now and met people that have become my great mentors and friends. When I first entered college, I took it for granted. I pretended it was just an extension of high school, but in time I came to realize it was not. Unlike high school, college projects onto you the responsibilities of being an individual and helps you to self realize where you want to go in life and how you can impact the world.

The best thing about the University of Louisiana at Lafayette are the programs that are easily accessible to your degree. The professors are always willing to help and offer great advice and learning experiences for you. I also enjoy the campus itself. It is clean and made beautiful with trees cascading over every sidewalk and a local bayou in the middle of campus which offers a great southern flavor to the already beautiful scenery.

Sally

My classmates are like the Mercedes in a Wal Mart parking lot, simply put... GREAT!

My college experience has been the best experience of my life. I am only a freshmen, and I have learned so much. From life lessons, to the books. I have ultimately learned how to grow up and be an independent person. I've learned that everything you get in life has to be earned and worked for. It wasn't easy getting everything I wanted, but I worked hard for what I wanted. College teaches you how to be a more well-rounded and open-minded person. It exposes you to all different types of people, and I have learned to accept people for who they are. It is very valuable to attend college because this is the time where you learn life-long lessons. It molds you into the person you will be in the future.

The best thing about my school is the environment. Anywhere and everywhere I go it feels like everyone accepts you. It feels like a big family. The people are friendly, and it is true when they say the southern hospitality is amazing. I never feel left out, and there is always something to do on campus. I am very proud to say that I am a Ragin Cajun!

Claudio

So far I have only had two weeks of school since I graduated in 2008. I took a year and a half off so i could buy a car since my family is not the wealthiest. As of right now Im really glad I returned to school, it makes me proud of myself and makes my parents happy since Im a first generation college student. Ive have lerned that nothing can stand on your way if you really want to continue your education, not even me working two jobs and my dad being laid off leaving us living paycheck to paycheck. Returning to school gave me something to look forward to in life, I want to complete my two years at this community college, move on to a four year school and get my nursing degree that i have always wanted and will work hard for.

Lindsey

My school is great, it focuses on acidemics as well as athletics.

My school is great, it focuses on acidemics as well as athletics.

The most valuable asset I have gotten from college is the ability to interact well with others, as I was a very shy individual in high school. I have always wanted to attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette and when I graduated from high school I had some issues holding me back but five years later I decided to take the leap into college and it has payed off one hunderd percent.

David

My classmates are very supportive and encouraging. My major Nursing is very competitive, but everyone treats each other fairly. I like that and hope my career can continue with these kinds of honorable people. We all just want help everyone we care for in life and in the hospital.

II would not say much to myself as a high school senior. I think it would be a very freaky experience for the both of us. I am just now starting my new path as a nurse from a chemical engineer, and I am not totally sure if this is my best course of action for me. I was actually more focused back then and had a good judgment. All I had to worry about was my major, ROTC, and my athletics. I went to a great small college and was able to compete in NCAA cross country. I have no major regrets. My adulthood has been way more traumatic with job losses, mortgages, and children. I would not want to shock my simple fun college self with such future experiences, I have survived them.

The worst is clinical work in the hospital. We all have to wake-up and be at the hospital by 4 am. If we are just a minute late without an emergency excuse we fail. Anyway, it is the life of all nurses and if it doesn?t kill us it will make us stronger nurses. This is a part of the job so it is good to get a feel for it early so you know if it is something you really want to do.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.