Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

University of Louisiana at Lafayette is unique because of the community in which it is located. The Acadiana area is fairly large, but for its size it is pretty close knit. There are always things to do here between campus activities, local festivals, and concerts. As we say in South Louisiana: ""lesse le bon temp rouler!" Which means: "let the good times roll!" We know how to have fun but when its time to buckle down and do work we put our hearts into it.

If I could go back in time and advise my Senior self, I would, without a doubt, push myself to do more, to participate more, to apply for every scholarship possible and to apply to other schools than just ULL. I would tell me work less and make more time for extracurricular activities like going to my senior prom or attending more than just my club meetings. Finally, I would tell me to stop stressing over my future so much. Then maybe I would not forget to enjoy my senior year.

Ashlyn

My school is full of spirit and academic excellence, due to fun extracurricular activities and many opportunities for gaining experience in your major.

The school uses Louisiana culture and traditions and uses it to events and activites. No one else has the the cajun culture and great food like lafayette, Louisiana.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self to put all my doubts behind me and rush for a sorority. I have a lot of friends that did and I realize now that I should have listened to myself and not others that convinced me not to. I also would dual enroll to get a head start in my classes and stayed in honors classes to get college credit that I was not aware of.

abbie

University of Louisiana is a welcoming school and has many oppurtonities to get involved.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette, is known for top ratings.

If I could give my self advice, when I was a senior, I would continuosly remind myself how important my senior year is in getting me into college and try to higher my GPA. I would have told myself to take more classes and be serious about my school work, so I should not slack off and joke around.

SONAM

The advice I would give myself is to make my decisions with the bigger picture in mind. Sometimes, my vision was very short-sited and I wish I would have let myself take school more seriously. I also would tell myself to take full advantage of every opportunity that I am given because I never know if it will come around again. Now that I am graduated from high school, every decision I make counts toward my future. I need to remember to take one step at a time.

JACY

MY ADVICE TO MYSELF WOULD BE TO STARTS SAVING FOR BOOKS AND APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS.

THE BEST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS THE SCHOOL SPIRIT. THE UNIVERSITY'S STUDENTS DO THEIR BEST TO REPRESENT THEIR SCHOOL IN ANY AND EVERY WAY THAT THEY CAN.

A PERSON THAT IS NOT INTERESTED IN SCHOOL SHOULDNT ATTEND BECAUSE THE STUDENTS HERE ARE HERE TO LEARN ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE PAYING TO ATTEND SHCOOL.

Michelle

I would tell myself to relax. Take a year off before beginning college if necessary. I would say to realize that higher education is important and you need it to be successful in life, no matter what you are doing. Having a higher education helps you provide for your family that you will one day have. Don't give up.

Bright, average student with conservative leanings

Top ranked in the nation for Nursing, Computer Science, and Biology

Herbert

The students on ULL's campus are primarily pleasant to be around.

The students on ULL's campus are primarily pleasant to be around.

My school is probably best know for its phenomenal nursing program.

Throughout high school, I remained a dedicated and determined student. I focused strictly on school and everything I needed to complete to have a successful college career. I find that most of the time spent by teachers and such of high schools is on trying to guide and help out the not-so-focused students. While the ones with their hearts set on higher education are somewhat ignored, the lesser ones tend to attract all of the attention. This can be discouraging to students like me who also need some assistance. If I could go back in time and give myself a word of advice, I'd tell myself to keep up the good work... just a little encouragement.

Justin

I would say that I should set the thorough school search to the side, go on and apply at ULL, apply for all their available scholarsips, as well as search harder for applicable outside scholarships, and save more money from my high school job. However, I would also tell myself to enjoy high school more. Despite the fun there is in being on your own and learning to be an adult, Senior Year was the one time when you weren't expected to be totally an unadult, so even though people might treat you like a kid, that gave you the slack you could use to make a few mistakes and learn from them without a serious consequence. Senior Year should be about getting yourself ready for college, and almost nothing else. Your first three years of high school is what should have developed your GPA, so Senior Year should be all about finding the right college, preparing for the change, and enjoying high school while you still have it.

I wish I had known of an HBCU with Industrial Design. ULL doesn't offer very many scholarships, but had I found an HBCU with my major, I could have banked off my National Achievement status, as well as my ACT and GPA. I also with I had known the atmosphere. I wouldn't have wasted time trying to adjust or fit in, and I would have known to just accept my cards and do what I have to in school.

Our design program and its thoroughness. We are constantly doing something, and always spending late nights in the studio.

IT is very affordable for the education you recieve.

I would advise myself to take a year off in between high school and college to travel, work, volunteer and really explore what I liked and wanted to do. I would tell myself to read as much as possible and to talk to people in different professions to discover what career would really fit me best. I would also warn myself that the transition would be hard, that their would be a lot of new people and to take care of myself and get involved in order to make new friends.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.