Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

SONAM

The advice I would give myself is to make my decisions with the bigger picture in mind. Sometimes, my vision was very short-sited and I wish I would have let myself take school more seriously. I also would tell myself to take full advantage of every opportunity that I am given because I never know if it will come around again. Now that I am graduated from high school, every decision I make counts toward my future. I need to remember to take one step at a time.

JACY

MY ADVICE TO MYSELF WOULD BE TO STARTS SAVING FOR BOOKS AND APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS.

THE BEST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS THE SCHOOL SPIRIT. THE UNIVERSITY'S STUDENTS DO THEIR BEST TO REPRESENT THEIR SCHOOL IN ANY AND EVERY WAY THAT THEY CAN.

A PERSON THAT IS NOT INTERESTED IN SCHOOL SHOULDNT ATTEND BECAUSE THE STUDENTS HERE ARE HERE TO LEARN ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE PAYING TO ATTEND SHCOOL.

Michelle

I would tell myself to relax. Take a year off before beginning college if necessary. I would say to realize that higher education is important and you need it to be successful in life, no matter what you are doing. Having a higher education helps you provide for your family that you will one day have. Don't give up.

Bright, average student with conservative leanings

Top ranked in the nation for Nursing, Computer Science, and Biology

Herbert

The students on ULL's campus are primarily pleasant to be around.

The students on ULL's campus are primarily pleasant to be around.

My school is probably best know for its phenomenal nursing program.

Throughout high school, I remained a dedicated and determined student. I focused strictly on school and everything I needed to complete to have a successful college career. I find that most of the time spent by teachers and such of high schools is on trying to guide and help out the not-so-focused students. While the ones with their hearts set on higher education are somewhat ignored, the lesser ones tend to attract all of the attention. This can be discouraging to students like me who also need some assistance. If I could go back in time and give myself a word of advice, I'd tell myself to keep up the good work... just a little encouragement.

Justin

I would say that I should set the thorough school search to the side, go on and apply at ULL, apply for all their available scholarsips, as well as search harder for applicable outside scholarships, and save more money from my high school job. However, I would also tell myself to enjoy high school more. Despite the fun there is in being on your own and learning to be an adult, Senior Year was the one time when you weren't expected to be totally an unadult, so even though people might treat you like a kid, that gave you the slack you could use to make a few mistakes and learn from them without a serious consequence. Senior Year should be about getting yourself ready for college, and almost nothing else. Your first three years of high school is what should have developed your GPA, so Senior Year should be all about finding the right college, preparing for the change, and enjoying high school while you still have it.

I wish I had known of an HBCU with Industrial Design. ULL doesn't offer very many scholarships, but had I found an HBCU with my major, I could have banked off my National Achievement status, as well as my ACT and GPA. I also with I had known the atmosphere. I wouldn't have wasted time trying to adjust or fit in, and I would have known to just accept my cards and do what I have to in school.

Our design program and its thoroughness. We are constantly doing something, and always spending late nights in the studio.

IT is very affordable for the education you recieve.

I would advise myself to take a year off in between high school and college to travel, work, volunteer and really explore what I liked and wanted to do. I would tell myself to read as much as possible and to talk to people in different professions to discover what career would really fit me best. I would also warn myself that the transition would be hard, that their would be a lot of new people and to take care of myself and get involved in order to make new friends.

Lundi

I would tell myself to stay at home for the first year of college. It was fun living away from home, but it really messed me up. There was too much freedom, and not so much restrictions, so my grades fell. Also, to surround yourself with great friends who have a strong head on their shoulders. They're the ones who will guide you in the right direction. Don't put anything off just to go play for a few hours. When you're in school, your work is the most important thing, and it should always come first. I give a lot of kudos to the kids who know how to balance their social life and school life. If I could go back, I'd do it the right way. You shouldn't always try to grow up faster. It's not like high school where the teachers will give you leeway on assignments. Due dates are written in stone. College is a whole new scene, and it IS the first step to growing up.

I love my school. I don't think there's anything about my school that I don't like. Well, expect for parking, but it's really not that big of a deal. I think I would have to say the old dorms that we have on campus that aren't in use. They should be torn down, and replaced with apartments like the other ones they have. It would be a lot more convienent and useful. But due to budget cuts, that's not going to happen.

LOL, I tell them we're awesome with everything. In academics, and even in sports. We're not that great, but i take great pride in my school. I love it! <3

kristen

My school is big, but provides a good environment.

My school is big, but provides a good environment.

I would tell myself to think carefully about where I chose to go and what I chose to do with my life.

Any kind of person would be comfortable attending this school, as long as they like to walk alot and be around alot of people.

Kaylin

All unique in their own way.

All unique in their own way.

Never let any classes get to you. Schedule wisely and make sure you get good professors. Do your best in all that you do. Dont make mistakes by staying focused.

Everyone should attend this school. It is truly friendly and welcoming.

Christina

My classmates are outgoing, diverse and open to new cultures!

My classmates are outgoing, diverse and open to new cultures!

My school is known for being truly diverse and full of amazing cultures! You can be anywhere on campus and find someone from a different background, and this is one of the many things I love about The University of Louisiana at Lafayette!

The best years of your life are coming your way! You have the whole world ahead of you and college is just the beginning. Go out there, meet new and different people. The people you meet through this journey will teach you so much, about life and yourself. Study hard and do your best at everything, even though it may seem useless, it will come back! Get involved in organizations, get to know your peers! Don't be afraid to be yourself, you are unique and special! All of the things I hae just listed are important, these will be some of the best years of your life, so enjoy it. Live well, learn as much as possible an ddon't be afraid to go after your dreams!

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.