Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

IT is very affordable for the education you recieve.

I would advise myself to take a year off in between high school and college to travel, work, volunteer and really explore what I liked and wanted to do. I would tell myself to read as much as possible and to talk to people in different professions to discover what career would really fit me best. I would also warn myself that the transition would be hard, that their would be a lot of new people and to take care of myself and get involved in order to make new friends.

Lundi

I would tell myself to stay at home for the first year of college. It was fun living away from home, but it really messed me up. There was too much freedom, and not so much restrictions, so my grades fell. Also, to surround yourself with great friends who have a strong head on their shoulders. They're the ones who will guide you in the right direction. Don't put anything off just to go play for a few hours. When you're in school, your work is the most important thing, and it should always come first. I give a lot of kudos to the kids who know how to balance their social life and school life. If I could go back, I'd do it the right way. You shouldn't always try to grow up faster. It's not like high school where the teachers will give you leeway on assignments. Due dates are written in stone. College is a whole new scene, and it IS the first step to growing up.

I love my school. I don't think there's anything about my school that I don't like. Well, expect for parking, but it's really not that big of a deal. I think I would have to say the old dorms that we have on campus that aren't in use. They should be torn down, and replaced with apartments like the other ones they have. It would be a lot more convienent and useful. But due to budget cuts, that's not going to happen.

LOL, I tell them we're awesome with everything. In academics, and even in sports. We're not that great, but i take great pride in my school. I love it! <3

kristen

My school is big, but provides a good environment.

My school is big, but provides a good environment.

I would tell myself to think carefully about where I chose to go and what I chose to do with my life.

Any kind of person would be comfortable attending this school, as long as they like to walk alot and be around alot of people.

Kaylin

All unique in their own way.

All unique in their own way.

Never let any classes get to you. Schedule wisely and make sure you get good professors. Do your best in all that you do. Dont make mistakes by staying focused.

Everyone should attend this school. It is truly friendly and welcoming.

Christina

My classmates are outgoing, diverse and open to new cultures!

My classmates are outgoing, diverse and open to new cultures!

My school is known for being truly diverse and full of amazing cultures! You can be anywhere on campus and find someone from a different background, and this is one of the many things I love about The University of Louisiana at Lafayette!

The best years of your life are coming your way! You have the whole world ahead of you and college is just the beginning. Go out there, meet new and different people. The people you meet through this journey will teach you so much, about life and yourself. Study hard and do your best at everything, even though it may seem useless, it will come back! Get involved in organizations, get to know your peers! Don't be afraid to be yourself, you are unique and special! All of the things I hae just listed are important, these will be some of the best years of your life, so enjoy it. Live well, learn as much as possible an ddon't be afraid to go after your dreams!

Rebecca

Don't overwhelm yourself with too much schoolwork. Finishing at a slower pace is better than not finishing at all. Make sure you set a list of goals for yourself, get involved, and don't affiliate yourself with the wrong types of people. Don't give up, just keep pressing on. And most of all, have fun! (but not too much)

i don't like how some of the professors are foreign and its really quite hard to understand them.

That it is a place where i feel like a part of something. that its not too big, not too small, you get a since of community and belonging here. it feels like home. but better.

David

Don't spend your money on useless things. Study more and worry about hanging out with people less, they get to be really busy. Relax and be yourself, it will all turn out alright.

Someone who isn't used to the cajun culture.

Adam

We have a great Marching Band and one of the best Visual Arts programs in the state!

DON'T TAKE MORE THAN 12 HOURS AND DON'T TAKE DESIGN AND DRAWING IN THE SAME SEMESTER!!! And make sure you get all the scholarships and grants and other money you can! Don't forget to do all your work in Math/Algebra and keep up so you don't fail the class! And don't take Math first thing in the monring--no earlier than 10am--for that matter don't take any 8am classes at all--trust me; you won't be able to stay awake and pay attention (which will not be good for your grade in that class--especially if it's Math!)!

I love the campus and the Marching Band! The campus isn't huge so you can walk to anyplace on campus and the Marching Band is serious about what we do and we're good at it!

Chantal

I would say my school is best known for its ethnicity diversity. We have people from all over the world that come to sttend U...

I would say my school is best known for its ethnicity diversity. We have people from all over the world that come to sttend ULL.

The advice I would give myself is that everything is not as easy as it seems. That no one will always be there to help you as you transistion in life. Their will be alot of bumps in the road so you have to be mentally stable for whats in store.

The kind of person that should attend ULL is an ubeat person. Someone who stays on task easily, never drawn away by other things. A person who is socially active with school.

Chase

The University Of Louisiana at Lafayette is very well known for its Computer Science and Enginerring Degrees. The Physics Department also has a secret contract with the U.S. Government. The students at the school are very friendly to one another since it is a smaller school. The spirit at the games is a pretty amazing site.

If I could go back to High School I would have just a few things to tell myself. I started my college career as a Chemistry Major planning on trying to get into Med School, but the thing is I did not actually want to do this. My parents were heavily weighing on the choice and I ended up doing it. I would tell myself then not to start as a Chem Major, but to instead start as what I actually wanted to do, Physics. I made the switch this semester and thanks to a summer school class I am not behind, but it caused me a head-ache that I could have avoided.

The one thing that comes to mind is that they are short on teachers in some departments. For my Physics class the school had to combine two sections together so we have almost fifty students in the class. While this is not really a big deal, it makes the classes more crowded then they should have to be for some subjects.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.