Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Richard

Visit some of the college campuses that you are interested in. Try to find a school that is known for what you want to study. Keep in mind the distance the school is away from your home in case of emergencies and things of that nature. Try to find a place were you are comfortable and enjoy being.

I thimk the sidewalks are too small. There is always alot of "people traffic" going to and from classes, and someone is always forced to walk off the edge of the sidewalk.

jamie

I would suggest parents and/or students pick a college where they know they will feel comfortable going and where they will get a good education.

The school spirit and that our teachers have actually worked in their fields and are now teaching us from actual experience.

I brag about how much the students show love the university. I also brag about how much the greeks on campus continue to keep the campus alive by being apart of every club or organization we have on campus!

Simone

UL is a academically driven school with lots of fun activites and social life.

UL is a academically driven school with lots of fun activites and social life.

I would say to pick a school where you feel welcome. If you do not feel like you belong there, do not enroll. Take tours and ask questions about things that are important to you. Even though a school's curriculum is good doesn't mean the environment will be condusive to your type of learning. If you don't know people at the school, join a club,group, or sorority/fraternity. Being a happier, social person can help in your studies and the networking can help you get a job once you're out of college. Also, even though it is important to have a social life, don't have too much that it gets in the way of your overall goal. Which is to do well at your school of choice. It's important to get involved with people who value education and can help you throughout your college career.

The atmosphere is definitely the best part. I love the community because it's not a huge city and you can get to know people. It's also a very friendly and inviting place.

I would tell students and parents to look for a college or university that makes them feel at home. When a student goes to tour a college, that person will usually feel something special about the college. They should look for programs within the college that are focused on what they want to do with their life. The student and parent should also look for good housing on campus. To make the most of the college experience, a student should join some extracurricular activities to get involved on campus. By getting involved, he or she will be able to make friends. The student should also follow his or heart in deciding on a major. He or she should have as much fun as they can but should also remember that studies come first. The student should live every moment to the fullest and not have any regrets to make most of his or her college experience.

The worst thing about my school is that it can feel a little overcrowded when trying to get meals on campus. You have to wait in long lines and often it's not worth it to stand in line for an hour for a cheeseburger.

The parking is very frustrating. When you need to drive to class, there is never enough available parking spots for the amount of students that attend the university.

Justin

Being an architect major i would like to think that the architecture program is what my school is known for. It also has other great programs though. such as its nursing, business, and marketing programs. they are all really strong. We also have decient sports programs which are strongly supported by our student body.

Take what you love to do and hold on to it. Use what you love to inspire you to make the decision on what you want to do for a living. After you make that decision then look at all of the schools you have selected and choose the one that best fits you and can help you achieve your goals of doing what you love. In doing this you will make lifelong friends that share the same intrest and give you a more fulfilling college experence.

I wish i would have known a little bit more about my major and its school. It's helpful to know what your getting yourself into. Also i wish i had known about the housing issues here in lafayette. They are not bad but i learned through experence what i liked.

Joseph

I would recommend a number of things actually. First of all, I would speak with my college advisor in high school if the school provided one. Then, I would talk to as many people as possible about the different colleges that I was interested in. I might even ask different people to suggest colleges of their own. I'd try to ask current and former students of the different colleges, professors, and anyone else involved with the universities. After getting some different opinions, I would do a bunch of research on the internet on the different colleges to try to find reviews and ratings on the universities. I would also look into what scholarships are available for each college. Lastly, I would go to every college I was interested in and gather as much information about the school as possible. I would take any tours that are offered, talk to students/professors around campus, and try to see if that particular university would be the right university for me.

That I could have received more scholarships had my high school college advisor not told me that I wasn't eligible for them.

The lack of a student ramp park for BMX bikes and skateboards. There are lots of students who BMX and skateboard on campus that would like a free student facility to practice their sport.

Brooke

My advice to students and parents would be to explore all of your options and decide what best fits you and your personality. Visit the schools you are interested in and see how friendly the students are. Making friends is very helpful and important in college, especially if you are from out of town. Take into consideration the teachers and facilities for the major you are interested in. Some schools have better colleges than others. When you get to college, make sure to stay organized. Have fun but prioritize what is more important at what time, or you can fall behind.

I would have liked to know the different scholarships available to me.

It isnt too big and it isnt too small. We have a good business college.

Niall

From my experience it is important to choose a college that suites your personality. For example i am quite a shy person, i would hate to be in huge classes where i would be overwhelmed. That is why i chose a relitively small University, UL Lafayette. The student population is roughly 15,000 and classes tend to be small (25-30 students) and there are only few large auditorium classes..

Absolutely anyone can attend UL lafayette. There is a great mix of ethnicities and foreign students living on and off campus. The strongest areas of study at this college are Architecture, Nursing, Engineering and Buisness.

Our beautiful campus and excellent on campus facillities such as; computer labs, a veriety of new buildings and architecture, on campus dining. Students around here tend to be very friendly and willing to help, as opposed to other schools i have visited.

our school is the only university in the united states, that has a swamp, i think that's awesome!

i would tell parents not to pressure your children into going to your alma matter and to not pressure your child to major in the area of study that you majored in. and also to parents, to not hold your child back by telling them they should go to a local university. college is all about new experiences, and how can the student experience new things while they are still living at home. i would tell students to not fall behind in studies, and to keep up with homework, because unlike high school, teachers don't really care whether you do your homework every night, most teachers don't check homework, and come the day of the test, you will be very lost if you failed to do your homework. and if you go away to college, it means that your parents won't be there to baby you anymore, so take charge of your life!

I really enjoy the friendly atmosphere of our campus, the teachers and staff are very friendly and helpful, along with the students that attend this school, when walking to class, most people will smile, or say hi, even if you don't know them.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.