Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

David

Don't spend your money on useless things. Study more and worry about hanging out with people less, they get to be really busy. Relax and be yourself, it will all turn out alright.

Someone who isn't used to the cajun culture.

Adam

We have a great Marching Band and one of the best Visual Arts programs in the state!

DON'T TAKE MORE THAN 12 HOURS AND DON'T TAKE DESIGN AND DRAWING IN THE SAME SEMESTER!!! And make sure you get all the scholarships and grants and other money you can! Don't forget to do all your work in Math/Algebra and keep up so you don't fail the class! And don't take Math first thing in the monring--no earlier than 10am--for that matter don't take any 8am classes at all--trust me; you won't be able to stay awake and pay attention (which will not be good for your grade in that class--especially if it's Math!)!

I love the campus and the Marching Band! The campus isn't huge so you can walk to anyplace on campus and the Marching Band is serious about what we do and we're good at it!

Chantal

I would say my school is best known for its ethnicity diversity. We have people from all over the world that come to sttend U...

I would say my school is best known for its ethnicity diversity. We have people from all over the world that come to sttend ULL.

The advice I would give myself is that everything is not as easy as it seems. That no one will always be there to help you as you transistion in life. Their will be alot of bumps in the road so you have to be mentally stable for whats in store.

The kind of person that should attend ULL is an ubeat person. Someone who stays on task easily, never drawn away by other things. A person who is socially active with school.

Chase

The University Of Louisiana at Lafayette is very well known for its Computer Science and Enginerring Degrees. The Physics Department also has a secret contract with the U.S. Government. The students at the school are very friendly to one another since it is a smaller school. The spirit at the games is a pretty amazing site.

If I could go back to High School I would have just a few things to tell myself. I started my college career as a Chemistry Major planning on trying to get into Med School, but the thing is I did not actually want to do this. My parents were heavily weighing on the choice and I ended up doing it. I would tell myself then not to start as a Chem Major, but to instead start as what I actually wanted to do, Physics. I made the switch this semester and thanks to a summer school class I am not behind, but it caused me a head-ache that I could have avoided.

The one thing that comes to mind is that they are short on teachers in some departments. For my Physics class the school had to combine two sections together so we have almost fifty students in the class. While this is not really a big deal, it makes the classes more crowded then they should have to be for some subjects.

When picking a campus I would suggest comfort. When one decides on a campus they should be comfortable with the size of the campus and class sizes. There surroundings whether new or old should not be startling to them. I believe if one is comfortable everything will fall into place. To recieve the full college experience all i can say is get involved do not be afraid of rooting on your team or sporting your school colors. Its is fun and presents new oppurtunites in many ways. Fraternties and sororities are a great way to meet new people and get involved in the community. I say just dive in there is a place for everyone at all universites.

Ofen the courseload. The course load would be acceptable in alot of the classes if one was not taking 5-6 other classes with just as much work. So i would say the amount of work given to students for an allotted time period.

Raven

When trying to find the right college for you or for your child I suggest that you keep in mind the kind of personality that you have. Think about what it is that you would like to acheive throughout the school year and what steps you plan to take in order to achieve this. Also be open to experience changes.

A person who wants to focus solely on their education and getting a perfect score on each test or exam shouldn'r attend this school. Also someone who is not very social should not attend this school and who doesn't like big crowds.

My school is very friendly and open. Students can feel at home and learn in a very friendly environment.

Ashlynn

Our school is best known for its small and friendly atmosphere with professors are ready and willing to know you personally. This is an extreme advantage because recommendation letters and graduate school recommendations are important. When a professor can know you by name and your accomplisments by heart, the student is able to thrive more than ever. Our school is well known for the friendly "Bonjours" given by both friends, strangers, faculy members, and passer bys. ULL is known for its southern hospitality radiating from all who get the chance to be a part of our cajun heritage.

Finding the right college is truly important both academically and socially. Although the main focus should be on academics, it is important that the student favors the social environment that he or she will be learning in. College years are some of the most influencial years and have a huge impact on self confidence needed to continue after a degree is obtained. The college experience is about growing into a young adult with other people who have the same goals and dreams as you do. The college experience is about learning responisibility and maintaining the freedom responsibly. All of these things are essential along with working towards a rewarding future. My advice to parents would be to allow your student to seek out what is important to them in a learning environment while enjoying the atmosphere around them. Students, find a place where you can be yourself and grow. Do not be afraid of new challenges, because just chosing to go to college is a huge accomplishment. Make new friends, even if they do not dress like you or have the same hobbies. The true college experience is about learning not only your field, but about yourself! Dont be nervous!

Attending the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an honored accompplisment. I think that a person who would attend our school would be open minded to the rural yet urban lifestyle, well adapted to the cajun culture, excited about an education with students who are equally excited, and ready to work academically with their professors to acheive their goals. ULL has an inpecably diverse atmosphere, and everyone has a place to their second home. Any student ready and willing to learn is welcomed at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette!

My school is best known for its nursing program, engineering program, computer science program, business program, public relations program, fashion design/merchandising program, art program, and architecture program. Students at my school are also known for calling themselves Ragin Cajuns.

Students have many different factors to consider when choosing a college but one of the most important factors is the location of the college. If a student is more comfortable living in a big city or small town they should choose a college that is located in an area they would be comfortable living in. Another very important factor to consider is the program that the student is interested in. Students must research the schools they are interested in to make sure that the school offers certain programs and areas of study. Some schools will be able to offer more in certain areas of study than others and would be more beneficial. Once the student has selected the school and begins college, they should find the school organizations which pertain to their interests. Being involved on their college campus with other students is one of the best ways for students to get the most out of their college experience.

People who are more concerned with academics than their school's sports teams should attend this school. This school is well known for their academic programs but is not known as a party school. There are still plenty of extracurricular activities to participate in. Lafayette is also a good sized city. There are a lot of things to do there but it is not one of the larger cities in Louisiana.

Richard

Visit some of the college campuses that you are interested in. Try to find a school that is known for what you want to study. Keep in mind the distance the school is away from your home in case of emergencies and things of that nature. Try to find a place were you are comfortable and enjoy being.

I thimk the sidewalks are too small. There is always alot of "people traffic" going to and from classes, and someone is always forced to walk off the edge of the sidewalk.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.