Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Kristina

My advice to parents and students would be to find the school that offers the most for the chosen major. For example, if majoring in psychology, look at the school's courses and choose the one that best fits the chosen field of psychology. A lot of colleges offer the basic courses, but some offer different types of courses that teach students more in their chosen major. Courses that give a deeper understanding in the field of study to help students choose the right path for their career or graduate school. To make the most of the college experience, I recommend getting involved. Students should join groups to help others in their environment and learn responsibilities for the future. They should also focus on school work to succeed in college with good grades. College work can be difficult at times, but if students put everyting into the learning process, they can do well with little problems.

The school does not offer many classes for the liberal arts majors. I have seen better psychology programs at other schools. My sister is majoring in anthropology, and it is very difficult for her to finish her anthropology classes, because they are not always offered. Some professors are more interested in their own research than teaching the students.

It is cheaper than other schools, and it does offer a lot of events to socialize.

chantel

This univeristy is perfect because of the size, availabitliy of resources for students, and also its really close to home.

This university is really close to home.

Parents should allow thier children to choose whichever university they wish to attend. Students should take each and every opportunity to broaden their horizons and experience the 'college life', but be mindful of your choices at the same time.

Kyle

-The best thing about ULL to me is that it is at home. -If I had to change one thing it would be to standardize the classes. By this I mean that every Philosophy 316 class should have to take the same exams. The departments should come up with curriculums that should be followed by all classes. This is not done, because every semester students struggle to get one particular teacher as opposed to another. If you get stuck with a certain teacher, your grade may suffer and affect your GPA. Having different teachers who have different curriculums is unfair to students. -The school size is just right. -ULL doesn't have a tremendous amount of pride. I feel that it all goes towards LSU. -I will always remember participating in the Army's Ranger Challenge. It was the most fun I've had while in college. I am not in the Army, but I took the class for other reasons. -The most frequent student complaints is about the parking at ULL.

-Most professors in the school of business know your name. The only ones that do not are the teachers of auditorium classes where there are simply too many people for them to possibly know. There are no classes like this in business but there are in the sciences and philosophy classes. -ULL offers lots of help to get students jobs upon graduation. There is a whole department focused on just that.

-ULL is positioned in Lafayette where there is an abundance of dance clubs and bars. Drinking is the social past time of students at ULL. This may not be true for all, but the majority of students like to party.

Jo

Most of the stereotypes I have mentioned are very accurate. The classes are pointless that are needed to obtain my Bachlors Degree. The students, not to mention the faculty (not everyone though) are very rude and just not friendly! The teachers are much more harder than the ones that taught me at SLCC.

motivated, hard teachers, pointless classes, rude people

Danielle

Well they are some things I would change like adding more parking for students on campus. I spend most of my time in the library studing or on the computer. I have a computer at home but there I have to many distractions. I think that there a lot of school pride but it is in conflict with LSU. Many people support LSU but come here.

Our school is like many other schools; people will hang around people who act and look like them. For the attire it depends on if they have test or not. I know when I have a really big test I will most likely come to class wearing my pajamas. Many people will dress up for class like it is a fashion runway but not me. Jeans and a comfy shirt will do.

We are the Ragin Cajuns which means we are the best.

Grace

our downtown area and a place called "the strip" are located right next to campus so the drinking and going out scene are really big. I don't think that defines our school however.

We are the fattest Univerity We are the Biggest party university

Ambry

The best thing about ULL is the people. They're really nice and cool. The school is just the right size, I feel. LSU is WAY too big! And other colleges I've been to were either too huge or way too small. Ya know? And if other people/schools say that there's no school spirit, they've OBVIOUSLY never been to our football games! Or anything at ULL.

I'd like to think that there's no real issue here. There's plenty of religious and social groups out there. You just gotta go out and enjoy!

Hell no! The smartest peopel I know either go here, or graduated from here! NOT from lsu. Or should I say, ls-who?

All of my professors know my name. I've yet to know if that's a good thing or not. Lol. I know a lot of my friends are all about their studies, but I must admit I'm not always. My most unique class would have to be Ballroom Dancing with Mrs Jo. OMG!!! It's the most fun, nost amazing class EVER!!!!

We're all hicks or dumb as doornails.

Chandra

UL Lafayette is a great school. It always has alot of activities going on. UPC is a fun organization to join. They're always having activities. Homecoming was a fun experience. UL's teachers sometimes can have a noncaring attitude about the outcome of student's future. But Some teachers are great inspirations for life. There is a LOT of school pride. There is probably a lot more than other schools. I spent most of my time in Student Union and in Chick Fil A area. Frequent student complains deal with parking on campus, teachers, and that is what I hear. People react well when I said I went to UL. It was a great experience.

The student body seems kind to different races and religious people. Its an open campus. Different type of students interact all the time. The topic of earnings does come to topic once you've realized how much money you're looking on earning. It makes going through all the hard classes worth it. Some students are politically aware, and some students are politically clueless.

Students study depending on their personality type. My favorite class was English 101 and 360 with Mrs. Branch. Some teachers knew me by name, the ones I liked. My major was nursing. I do not spend time with professors outside of campu. UL's education is geared toward getting a job, depending on the major that you are in. UL students sometimes have intellectual conversations outside of campus depending on their mood.

The most popular organizations are UPC, SGA, and frats and sororities. I have been in UPC. It was fun. You got to feel involved and there was always an activity to partake in. Athletic events are very popular. They are enjoyable to watch, but I like sports. Dating scene is okay. Ive always had a serious boyfriend so dont really know how dating scene is in depth. People party alot at UL. Frats and sororities are important to some, I am not into it but I appreciate it. Homecoming happens each year and is a great tradition.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.