Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Courtney

I think the size of the campus is okay being that the population is large. However, the parking could be better. I spend most of my time at the library.

I don't think anyone would feel out of place at ULL because there are a variety of different kinds of races. I think most students wear clothes that are the most comfortable to class.

If I stay awake late on a week night, it's because I'm up studying. Fraternitites/sororities are not that important to me. I have friend in there but I'm not apart of that. Last weekend I worked and went fishing. On a saturday night, I could watch a movie, have a get together at the apartment and cook, visit with family, catch up on school work, and work.

Anna

I think UL Lafayette is a perfect size school. When people hear I go to UL Lafayette they also go "Oh wasn't that SLU?". I think we do have some school pride but not enough....I mean we have more people wearing LSU gear on campus than UL Lafayette. When I lived on campus, there were NO places to eat on the weekends and eveything closed at 3pm

UL Lafayette students get too dressed up to go to class---it's not a fashion show! But it is def. easy to make friends in class and find study partners if needed. People tend to be very friendly on campus.

Absolutley not! I chose to go to UL Lafayette and not because I couldn't get into LSU

I know all my professors names but I don't speak to all of them outside of class. In certain classes people participate (mainly in 300/400 level classes) I'm in nursing which I believe the department needs more teachers/classes/funding.

I think we have a diverse group of organizations. I don't think campus living is what is should be. That could def. be improved by doing more throughout the dorms and updating them (which I know is going on right now) The Student Union could use a face lift as well!

There aren't too many stereotypes I hear about UL Lafayette except the only reason we went to UL is because we couldn't get in to LSU

Ray

-The best thing about UL Lafayette is our Cajun spirit. With a student body of approx 15k, it is the perfect size to host a competitive academic institution while still maintaining an intimate environment where students can walk through the Quad or across St. Mary AVE and greet and recognize their fellow Ragin' Cajuns. -UL's reputation amongst other universities is definitely positve. In the words of my sister, a memember of the UL Student Orientation Staff, "Every year at the SOS competition everyone is always pumped to see what the Ragin' Cajuns are up to!" While we are a fun and lively university, we maintain a healthy balance b/t work and play. -I spent most of my time on campus on the third floor of Rougeou Hall - the mechanical engineering building. When I wasn't upstairs in the lab, however, I was sipping a cup of Louisiana coffe at either PJ's Coffee & Tea or CC's Coffee House. -The campus of UL Lafayette is considered urban. While we are located in a city with over 100k people, UL still has a "campus town" feel in an industrially booming city. -One experience I will never forget at UL Lafayette was during Lagniappe Week (that's Creole for a little something extra)where we had canoe races in the swamp. After winning the competition, my team simultaneously jumped into the swampt to celebrate our victory. Feel free to join our Facebook group "I swam in the swamp." It was a blast!

-It's true! We have a real swamp on campus. Just be aware of the alligators! -While we do have a Chili Pepper at our sporting events, our official mascot is a Ragin' Cajun!

-During my freshman year at UL Lafayette, a engineering professor gave out to the class his home phone number. "Feel free to call me with questions" he said, "But make sure it's not past 9 pm!" This professor was no anomaly. My professors always new my name, they were always very eager to help, and their main focus was always in the students' best interest. -In my experience, students at UL study often. Rougeou Hall was like my second home, we put in hours preparing for exams, labs, and papers that I don't even care to admit. -The academic requirements for UL are steadily rising. They are competitive, yet realistic. And if your scores are good, the state of Louisiana offers what they call a TOPS program where many students get tuition completely paid for. -As for job preparation, my graduating class, as well as several classes before mine, boast a 100% job placement at the date of graduation.

-we have an actual swamp on campus -we have a Chili Pepper as a mascot

As far as I know, UL Lafayette students are very active. Thankfully, I am not one of them.

The party part is true but UL students are by no way not as smart as LSU students. Not everyone is rich, stuck up students, who have to go to a certain college to make a name for themselves.

As a psychology major, all of my professors knew my name. I think that professors strive to be open and strive to get to know all students. My favorite class was.. psychology! I enjoyed every psychology class that I have taken. Students in psychology vary with their study times. I like to study a little everyday but many students like to not study, or wait the last night to study/cram.

People think of UL as people who like to go to clubs everynight, as compared to LSU who is more about house parties. For some reason, I have heard people say students at UL are not as intelligent as students who get into LSU, very disturbing.

Duston

i like the students. everyone is really nice

i like the students. everyone is really nice

no one should feel out of place here. it is kind of cool to see how different everyone is from each other.

for the most part yes. not everyone is country though

my professors dont know my name but thats because im quiet. they are willing to get to know all students who put the effort into getting to know them.

everyone says that ul is a party school and its students are all alcoholics. because we have a swamp at the school, people think we are all country.

In my opinion, no. While we do like to have fun, we have top programs such as nursing and computer science which take hard working and dedicated students.

That UL Lafayette students just are only interested in parties rather than academics.

Brittney

I love the size of the school. Its not too small to where it is hard to make friends, but not too big to where you are constantly lost on campus.

Not at all,UL courses are just as hard

Lafayette has an awesome social scene. Greek is the way to go!!

Dylan

Small classes, your teachers actually get to know you by name. I would like to change the sidewalks. They are terrible. Just right. If they go to LSU, then they just walk away. In WHarton. College town. plead the fifth. Electing the new President. Not for football. Our football team doesn't win. Too many to just pick one. St, Mary and rex street floods when it rain and no place for parking.

Not answering any of these.

Yes. Parasatology. Depends what major. Not in my classes, they are to intraverted. Yes. yes. Histology. I don't really know much about nursing, but I have a prior degree in Biology so I could tell you anything about that. Yes. I don't know what they are. Jobless, more learning.

Lindsey

I am a business major so i spend all my time in Moody or FG Mouton. I think UL needs more parking. It's such a hassle, but i don't think the school is too big or too small. It is a very fun college town. I don't think that there is that much college pride, but there is the people that are always supporting it.

Honestly, there are a lot of nerdy people at UL always studying. I've become one of them. Haha. Not too many cool kids i guess. I'd rather have nerdy nice people around me than cocky cool people anyway, so it's a very friendly atmosphere.

In accounting, i definately have my favorite and my least favorite teacher. I can't stand an unorganized teacher, it's really hard for me to follow if they are unorganized. Usually the teachers that i like, like me back as well and remember me.

The only group i am in is the accounting society. It is ok. Nothing spectacular, but it's ok. I study constantly. I don't really have time for anything else. I work 20 hours a week and then study all the rest of the time. I make sure that i go out almost every week. That might be more than normal people, but i need a social life. At school, I think so much, I don't really talk to people. The baseball games are fun and some of the football games, well usually just tailgating at the football games.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.