Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Jo

Most of the stereotypes I have mentioned are very accurate. The classes are pointless that are needed to obtain my Bachlors Degree. The students, not to mention the faculty (not everyone though) are very rude and just not friendly! The teachers are much more harder than the ones that taught me at SLCC.

motivated, hard teachers, pointless classes, rude people

Danielle

Well they are some things I would change like adding more parking for students on campus. I spend most of my time in the library studing or on the computer. I have a computer at home but there I have to many distractions. I think that there a lot of school pride but it is in conflict with LSU. Many people support LSU but come here.

Our school is like many other schools; people will hang around people who act and look like them. For the attire it depends on if they have test or not. I know when I have a really big test I will most likely come to class wearing my pajamas. Many people will dress up for class like it is a fashion runway but not me. Jeans and a comfy shirt will do.

We are the Ragin Cajuns which means we are the best.

Grace

our downtown area and a place called "the strip" are located right next to campus so the drinking and going out scene are really big. I don't think that defines our school however.

We are the fattest Univerity We are the Biggest party university

Ambry

The best thing about ULL is the people. They're really nice and cool. The school is just the right size, I feel. LSU is WAY too big! And other colleges I've been to were either too huge or way too small. Ya know? And if other people/schools say that there's no school spirit, they've OBVIOUSLY never been to our football games! Or anything at ULL.

I'd like to think that there's no real issue here. There's plenty of religious and social groups out there. You just gotta go out and enjoy!

Hell no! The smartest peopel I know either go here, or graduated from here! NOT from lsu. Or should I say, ls-who?

All of my professors know my name. I've yet to know if that's a good thing or not. Lol. I know a lot of my friends are all about their studies, but I must admit I'm not always. My most unique class would have to be Ballroom Dancing with Mrs Jo. OMG!!! It's the most fun, nost amazing class EVER!!!!

We're all hicks or dumb as doornails.

Chandra

UL Lafayette is a great school. It always has alot of activities going on. UPC is a fun organization to join. They're always having activities. Homecoming was a fun experience. UL's teachers sometimes can have a noncaring attitude about the outcome of student's future. But Some teachers are great inspirations for life. There is a LOT of school pride. There is probably a lot more than other schools. I spent most of my time in Student Union and in Chick Fil A area. Frequent student complains deal with parking on campus, teachers, and that is what I hear. People react well when I said I went to UL. It was a great experience.

The student body seems kind to different races and religious people. Its an open campus. Different type of students interact all the time. The topic of earnings does come to topic once you've realized how much money you're looking on earning. It makes going through all the hard classes worth it. Some students are politically aware, and some students are politically clueless.

Students study depending on their personality type. My favorite class was English 101 and 360 with Mrs. Branch. Some teachers knew me by name, the ones I liked. My major was nursing. I do not spend time with professors outside of campu. UL's education is geared toward getting a job, depending on the major that you are in. UL students sometimes have intellectual conversations outside of campus depending on their mood.

The most popular organizations are UPC, SGA, and frats and sororities. I have been in UPC. It was fun. You got to feel involved and there was always an activity to partake in. Athletic events are very popular. They are enjoyable to watch, but I like sports. Dating scene is okay. Ive always had a serious boyfriend so dont really know how dating scene is in depth. People party alot at UL. Frats and sororities are important to some, I am not into it but I appreciate it. Homecoming happens each year and is a great tradition.

Courtney

I think the size of the campus is okay being that the population is large. However, the parking could be better. I spend most of my time at the library.

I don't think anyone would feel out of place at ULL because there are a variety of different kinds of races. I think most students wear clothes that are the most comfortable to class.

If I stay awake late on a week night, it's because I'm up studying. Fraternitites/sororities are not that important to me. I have friend in there but I'm not apart of that. Last weekend I worked and went fishing. On a saturday night, I could watch a movie, have a get together at the apartment and cook, visit with family, catch up on school work, and work.

Anna

I think UL Lafayette is a perfect size school. When people hear I go to UL Lafayette they also go "Oh wasn't that SLU?". I think we do have some school pride but not enough....I mean we have more people wearing LSU gear on campus than UL Lafayette. When I lived on campus, there were NO places to eat on the weekends and eveything closed at 3pm

UL Lafayette students get too dressed up to go to class---it's not a fashion show! But it is def. easy to make friends in class and find study partners if needed. People tend to be very friendly on campus.

Absolutley not! I chose to go to UL Lafayette and not because I couldn't get into LSU

I know all my professors names but I don't speak to all of them outside of class. In certain classes people participate (mainly in 300/400 level classes) I'm in nursing which I believe the department needs more teachers/classes/funding.

I think we have a diverse group of organizations. I don't think campus living is what is should be. That could def. be improved by doing more throughout the dorms and updating them (which I know is going on right now) The Student Union could use a face lift as well!

There aren't too many stereotypes I hear about UL Lafayette except the only reason we went to UL is because we couldn't get in to LSU

Ray

-The best thing about UL Lafayette is our Cajun spirit. With a student body of approx 15k, it is the perfect size to host a competitive academic institution while still maintaining an intimate environment where students can walk through the Quad or across St. Mary AVE and greet and recognize their fellow Ragin' Cajuns. -UL's reputation amongst other universities is definitely positve. In the words of my sister, a memember of the UL Student Orientation Staff, "Every year at the SOS competition everyone is always pumped to see what the Ragin' Cajuns are up to!" While we are a fun and lively university, we maintain a healthy balance b/t work and play. -I spent most of my time on campus on the third floor of Rougeou Hall - the mechanical engineering building. When I wasn't upstairs in the lab, however, I was sipping a cup of Louisiana coffe at either PJ's Coffee & Tea or CC's Coffee House. -The campus of UL Lafayette is considered urban. While we are located in a city with over 100k people, UL still has a "campus town" feel in an industrially booming city. -One experience I will never forget at UL Lafayette was during Lagniappe Week (that's Creole for a little something extra)where we had canoe races in the swamp. After winning the competition, my team simultaneously jumped into the swampt to celebrate our victory. Feel free to join our Facebook group "I swam in the swamp." It was a blast!

-It's true! We have a real swamp on campus. Just be aware of the alligators! -While we do have a Chili Pepper at our sporting events, our official mascot is a Ragin' Cajun!

-During my freshman year at UL Lafayette, a engineering professor gave out to the class his home phone number. "Feel free to call me with questions" he said, "But make sure it's not past 9 pm!" This professor was no anomaly. My professors always new my name, they were always very eager to help, and their main focus was always in the students' best interest. -In my experience, students at UL study often. Rougeou Hall was like my second home, we put in hours preparing for exams, labs, and papers that I don't even care to admit. -The academic requirements for UL are steadily rising. They are competitive, yet realistic. And if your scores are good, the state of Louisiana offers what they call a TOPS program where many students get tuition completely paid for. -As for job preparation, my graduating class, as well as several classes before mine, boast a 100% job placement at the date of graduation.

-we have an actual swamp on campus -we have a Chili Pepper as a mascot

As far as I know, UL Lafayette students are very active. Thankfully, I am not one of them.

The party part is true but UL students are by no way not as smart as LSU students. Not everyone is rich, stuck up students, who have to go to a certain college to make a name for themselves.

As a psychology major, all of my professors knew my name. I think that professors strive to be open and strive to get to know all students. My favorite class was.. psychology! I enjoyed every psychology class that I have taken. Students in psychology vary with their study times. I like to study a little everyday but many students like to not study, or wait the last night to study/cram.

People think of UL as people who like to go to clubs everynight, as compared to LSU who is more about house parties. For some reason, I have heard people say students at UL are not as intelligent as students who get into LSU, very disturbing.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.