Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Duston

i like the students. everyone is really nice

i like the students. everyone is really nice

no one should feel out of place here. it is kind of cool to see how different everyone is from each other.

for the most part yes. not everyone is country though

my professors dont know my name but thats because im quiet. they are willing to get to know all students who put the effort into getting to know them.

everyone says that ul is a party school and its students are all alcoholics. because we have a swamp at the school, people think we are all country.

In my opinion, no. While we do like to have fun, we have top programs such as nursing and computer science which take hard working and dedicated students.

That UL Lafayette students just are only interested in parties rather than academics.

Brittney

I love the size of the school. Its not too small to where it is hard to make friends, but not too big to where you are constantly lost on campus.

Not at all,UL courses are just as hard

Lafayette has an awesome social scene. Greek is the way to go!!

Dylan

Small classes, your teachers actually get to know you by name. I would like to change the sidewalks. They are terrible. Just right. If they go to LSU, then they just walk away. In WHarton. College town. plead the fifth. Electing the new President. Not for football. Our football team doesn't win. Too many to just pick one. St, Mary and rex street floods when it rain and no place for parking.

Not answering any of these.

Yes. Parasatology. Depends what major. Not in my classes, they are to intraverted. Yes. yes. Histology. I don't really know much about nursing, but I have a prior degree in Biology so I could tell you anything about that. Yes. I don't know what they are. Jobless, more learning.

Lindsey

I am a business major so i spend all my time in Moody or FG Mouton. I think UL needs more parking. It's such a hassle, but i don't think the school is too big or too small. It is a very fun college town. I don't think that there is that much college pride, but there is the people that are always supporting it.

Honestly, there are a lot of nerdy people at UL always studying. I've become one of them. Haha. Not too many cool kids i guess. I'd rather have nerdy nice people around me than cocky cool people anyway, so it's a very friendly atmosphere.

In accounting, i definately have my favorite and my least favorite teacher. I can't stand an unorganized teacher, it's really hard for me to follow if they are unorganized. Usually the teachers that i like, like me back as well and remember me.

The only group i am in is the accounting society. It is ok. Nothing spectacular, but it's ok. I study constantly. I don't really have time for anything else. I work 20 hours a week and then study all the rest of the time. I make sure that i go out almost every week. That might be more than normal people, but i need a social life. At school, I think so much, I don't really talk to people. The baseball games are fun and some of the football games, well usually just tailgating at the football games.

Bevan

i love everything about UL. i'de change the involvement in school spirit. just right. some people comment on the partying. the student government office. college town. the administration is very set in its ways and difficult to institute change.shooting of three students. i wish there was more. the swamp on campus. pledging a fraternity, lagniappe week, sga elections. campus beautification.

love my schoool. wouldnt rather be anywhere else.

no to everything but partiers. most students can easily partake in nightlife

some. public speaking is an amazing relationship-building class. history bores me. either not at all or constantly. class participation is somewhat common. not alot of intelligent conversation. very competitive students. public speaking, is again the most unique. department is very unorganized. no time with professors outside of class. i wish academic requirments were higher. learing for its own sake.

greek life. sga is where my heart is. no doors open. athletics could use more of a draw and more spirit. guest speakers- nope. theatre-no school interest. dating scene-messy. came to ul with them. getting home from a bar.homecoming, footoball/baseball/basketball season, lagniappe week, greek week, film series, eyes wide open, ragin roar, midnight madness, elections. frequent partiers. greek life is very prestigious, worked and partied. probably nothing. volunteer and work.

school- anyone can get in student- partiers, hicks, slackers

I am in the high school dual enrollment program so I haven't gotten to really experience UL as a whole. From my perspective, this program is the best thing about UL to me. It has really prepared me for going to college as a freshman in a way that no high school class or program could. I'm not anxious for college because this program has been such a great stepping stone.

As I said before, I'm in the dual enrollment program. I am currently taking my 2nd class at UL. The professor of my first class, Math 105, knew who I was and that I was still in high school. I don't think my psychology teacher knows who I am or that I am in high school. In both classes, student participation was/is common. UL's academic requirements are just right in my opinion - high enough to be somewhat of a challenge and low enough to give people a chance.

Rory

School size is just right, I spend most of my time in Wharton Hall (the nursing building)

Most students wear clothes that are comfortable, someone that dresses up for class and walks around in heels would not fit in (although there are some)

To some extent, a lot of us are from south Louisiana

Yes, the nursing professors are really good about getting to know you. My favorite class is the EKG nursing elective, After every semester our clinical groups go out to eat together so we spend time with our clinical instructors outside of nursing

SGA probably is the most popular organization, Im in a sorority and its great when you are just starting college but as you mature and head toward graduation it becomes more time consuming, Im never awake at 2 am on tuesday EVER, last weekend I studied and hung out with my family, on Saturday you can go bowling or hand out with friends at a coffee shop or go to the movies

Didn't know there were any, but I guess you can say country

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.