Lafayette, LA
University of Louisiana at Lafayette

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Louisiana at Lafayette

J

I wasn't initially interested in attending the University of Louisiana at Lafayette but that all changed once I decided on my field - Int'l relations. Their political science department is tricameral: general poli sci, pre-law, and int'l relations. This allows a lot of room for specialization of one's chosen field of study. Furthermore, each branch has professors that are passionate and make themselves available all the time. They're super passionate and resourceful. All of this makes me really appreciate UL at Lafayette. Many of the facilities on campus are new and kept clean and manicured. Although the wifi has a long way to go in terms of speed, it is being worked on which is great. Overall, there is more good that UL at Lafayette has to offer than bad. There are a plethora of clubs to join and become involved in. Your experience at this school is really what you make of it.

caitlyn

I love being a Ragin Cajun! its so diverse and very welcoming!

I love being a Ragin Cajun! its so diverse and very welcoming!

Alesia
Ul

I love the school and would like to recieve information about it.

Ul

I love the school and would like to recieve information about it.

sharon
Sweet home Cajun Country

Sweet home Cajun Country

Overall, a great school to attend. Profs are reachable and involved, admin makes the process relatively easy, the culture enhances the overall experience.

Lindsey

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would honestly tell myself to work a little bit harder. I took a couple years off after high school, while it was good for me to do, I wish I could tell myself to go straight to college after graduating high school. Also most importantly, I would tell myself to continue with dancing, which I had done my entire life, up until one year after I graduated.

rebekah

Stay in school. Life does not get any better than now. Talk to a new person everyday. Get involved!

There are not enough parking around campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell her that everything is going to work out. I would say that to always trust your instincts, because they are usually spot on. I would say that it's okay to not be perfect--not making an A on a test was not going to be the worst possible thing to happen. I would tell my younger self not to be so hard on yourself and that it's okay to make mistakes--as long as you learn something from the experience. I think the most important bit of knowledge I've learned through my college career is this: No matter what the end result is, if you put in your absolute best work or best efforts into something, you are successful. I would tell her that this is the most important thing to realize in both college and life.

The local community really makes UL Lafayette a great university. There's a ton of culture in Lafayette. The professors I've had have been great and have made classes interesting and are usually willing to help students in any way they can. There are several opportunities to get involved in the community and make connections with other students through various aspects of campus life. All the dorms are less than 3 years old--so they're very nice!

UL Lafayette is a great fit for any kind person, to be honest. The student body is very diverse with people from all walks of life. I choose UL Lafayette because I knew it was a perfect fit for me. They have excellent programs--especially in Sciences, Nursing, and Engineering. The tuition is very much affordable! It's the best school to go to if you want a qaulity education without spending tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.

Sirikhwan
Tell us about your professors.

Don't listen to rate my professors. Have your own experiences to review from.

Tell us about your professors.

Don't listen to rate my professors. Have your own experiences to review from.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Better than LSU. It looks like it's been cooked in a kitchen rather than reheated.

PLEASE PRINT OUT YOUR SYLLABUSES BEFORE CLASS. PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF PROFESSORS HAVE PUT THE LECTURE SLIDES ONLINE BEFORE CLASS. PLEASE DO HOMEWORK OR REVIEW NOTES RIGHT AFTER CLASS. Don't forget to eat and drink water throughout the day.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Asian-American, second-generation but Americanized by the Millennial standards, I am currently a first-year student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Originally, I attended the Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, but found that the culture was too big for a hometown girl, such as myself. I’m learning the ways of what it is like to become a human adult-child, though I’d prefer to trade places with a house cat some days. When I’m not plotting blueprints in my mind, I’m pondering about who I am and where I am going and how I can inspire those around me to inspire some sort of goodness in their day. I want to be in a position where I am capable and able to say that I can help someone, be it through charity or simply tipping at the local cafe. I’d like to have my own line of toys one day. One day, it’d be great to give back to children in unfortunate or lesser circumstances, and to provide a safe and encouraging environment that challenges their mind and body. Design is inherent in life; it can make artists or mercenaries out of the ordinary.

What do people really wear to class?

Collegiate logos, sometimes other school's logos, sometimes their senior year apparel, yoga pants for girls, tank tops, lots of Nike on men and women, sometimes scarves, shorts, etc.

What are your classes like?

My classes are average-size, but small compared to what I had at LSU during my first semester there. I prefer the traditional classroom setting compared to auditorium lectures.

No one will turn you away if you need help or have to ask for directions on campus.

Meghan

Don't assume that you can take everything on by yourself. It's alright to ask for help. You won't have extra time for everything you want to do. You won't have extra money for the things that you want all the time. You're going to cry and call your mother, and that's okay. The important thing is that you can pull yourself together and make the grades you need. Always aim high and shoot higher. When people tell you that you can't do something, do it better than you planned to. Prove them wrong. Prove everyone wrong.

Larissa

My classmates are well-rounded, outgoing and truly value their education.

My classmates are well-rounded, outgoing and truly value their education.

Dear Larissa, You have no idea what you are about to get yourself into! College life is nothing like anything you have experienced. You are about to gain a whole new perspective to life and discover a you, you never knew you were capable of being. The transition into college is frightening and exciting at the same time. With new found freedom, you will make mistakes, which in time will become lessons learned. This freedom comes with responsibilities and intelligence that you must learn to accept and use resourcefully. Do not hesitate participating in things that challenge you and make you uncomfortable. It is through these activities that you will grow as an individual and reach your full potential. College is a whole different ball game in comparison to high school. In high school, good grades came with little to no effort at all. Unfortunately, that is not the case in college. You must work for your grades. I can promise it will get difficult and you will want to give up. Stand tall, keep pushing forward. Trust in God, he knows exactly what he is doing. Enjoy college but don’t lose sight of the reason you are there.

One thing that I love to brag about is the atmosphere at UL. The people here are genuinely friendly and it creates such a welcoming enviroment. My school has created the perfect home away from home and I am in love with it. I could never imagine going anywhere else. The faculty in always helpful and someone is always willing to go out of their way to make you smile. At my school, you never feel alone.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.