University of Louisiana at Lafayette

« See more reviews of University of Louisiana at Lafayette

The football players are pretty rowdy and undisciplined. Most of them are black racist, selfish individuals. There are lots of economic-backgrounded people. Multiple religions. Unfortunately, as a die-hard conservative, I often feel out of place here. People who have experienced the world would feel out of place among young students who really don't know anything about life. Most students bum it except for first semester freshmen when going to class. There are nerds in there, then there are all the black people making noise and tossing food everywhere. Then there are all of the normal-to-half normal just trying to find a place to sit and eat our nasty ill-nutritioned food in peace. Most UL students are from all of the surrounding areas going 30 miles in any direction from Lafayette. There are a few from north Louisiana as well as New Orleans. Most are middle-classed. Students are very politically active, but not very politically aware. It's really funny to watch them. More often than not, they fall left to center. Earn what?

I think UL is a very well-rounded college. White Americans are the majority but there is definitely a huge minority. I can't think of a student who would feel out of place. Most students dress very casual to class, almost too casual. Although the university is diverse I do notice that the different races usually stick together. I would say most UL students are either from Lafayette, or from small rural towns in Louisiana. We have many from Texas as well. We also have a very large Indian population. I would say there is no financial situation that is prevalent. There are students from rich or poor backgrounds and many students who are very independent paying for their schooling alone. I do not hear much about future salaries or much political talk.

As a fourth year college student I would describe my classmates driven. Being a biology major I have noticed that overall everyone has the same mind-set, which is to give every required class their all. There is a noticible difference between biology major classes and others. Classes which are required for biology majors is a friendly compeition. Everyone gives every assignment and test their overall best, while at the same time everyone is willing to help one other achieve their goals. The classes are large compared to those of a high school, but meeting people is rather easy.

there are two types of people at UL. the ones who dress up and the ones who dont. the ones who dress up are the ones who get up every morning and wear nice clothes to school. Like dressier shirts, jeans, and heels, or slacks and jacket. Then they have the people who look like they woke up ten minutes ago and threw on a pair of jeans, a tee shirt, threw their hair in a ponytail and put a hat on. the latter one being me. Most of the UL students are from local towns, being Lafayette, New Iberia, Delcambre, Loraville, ect.

I don't think anyone would feel left out on UL's campus. We have such a diversity at UL that no one is alone. In fact, we are about to have International Week to recognize the international students on campus. It will be comprised of games, food, and much more! Most students wear just jeans or shorts and t-shirts. Although, on any given day, don't be surprised to see student still in their pj's - also don't be surprised to see some people in nice dresses and heels.

Sometimes, people look at me funny or dont expect to do well because i am black. black and international people. pajamas, sweats, or some people dress up really nice. mostly in the classroom if you are assigned to groups, but mainly NO! jocks, international students, popular blacks/whites, non-popular blacks/whites. half and half; U.S. and non-U.S. middle-class in prevalent. most are aware and some are active. not sure. some do.

The student body seems kind to different races and religious people. Its an open campus. Different type of students interact all the time. The topic of earnings does come to topic once you've realized how much money you're looking on earning. It makes going through all the hard classes worth it. Some students are politically aware, and some students are politically clueless.

If you are looking for a diverse college, UL is your number one choice. We have an enormous international student body. we also have over 11 different religous organizations. Students wear whatever they want to class, I have gone to class in pajamas many many times.Most students are from Louisiana, generally from the New Orleans and Lafayette area.

If you are looking for a university that has just about every type of ethnicity, religious background, political background, etc., UL is definitely the place! The university is very culturally diverse. I don't think there are any type of students that would feel isolated or alienated at UL.

My classmates are very supportive and encouraging. My major Nursing is very competitive, but everyone treats each other fairly. I like that and hope my career can continue with these kinds of honorable people. We all just want help everyone we care for in life and in the hospital.