University of Louisiana at Lafayette

« See more reviews of University of Louisiana at Lafayette

UL does have many students from the Lafayette area, but there are many many other states and countries represented Since being a student at UL, I have been very pleasantly surprised with the "top notch" academics. The classes and professors are by no means second rate. It is true that the student population at UL parties a good bit, but if clubbing is not your thing, they are still plenty of students who do not.

Thses stereotypes are definitely incorrect. UL has one of the best Engineering and Nursing programs in the nation. It also has one of the best Business schools in the state. Lafayette is not a college town...it is a community. Many people were born in Lafayette and plan to stay here, but not everyone by far. We have a high percentage of foreigners who attend UL as well.

If you go to college anywhere in the U.S. there will be partying; Its college! UL students are just more experienced. UL has some of the top colleges in the Nation. Our Nursing,Engineering,Education, and Art are among the top 10 in the nation. Our faculty and staff consists of some of the greatest professors available.

Well, im not saying that everyone there should be going to college, because there are some people i wonder how they did manage to make into college. As far as UL being dirty and old, it is. The buildings that have been there forever are old, and dirty. But the newer buildings are okay.

There are a good portion of students who have lower self-esteem, but not nearly all of them. Lafayette is the fastest growing town in the state. UL is good bang for your buck as far as cost and education is concerned.

I don't think any of those stereotypes are true at all. It's not all about partying, I study A LOT! And had absolutely NO interest in attending LSU.

I don't know if you can call it a "stereotype" because I believe all of these things to be 100% true! UL Lafayette and it's students are AMAZING!

Hell no! The smartest peopel I know either go here, or graduated from here! NOT from lsu. Or should I say, ls-who?

We may party a lot but everyone that I know and has associated with still take their school work seriously.

Absolutley not! I chose to go to UL Lafayette and not because I couldn't get into LSU