University of Louisiana at Lafayette

« See more reviews of University of Louisiana at Lafayette

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

I believe UL Lafayette is stereotyped as a fun school where there is constantly fun activities being put on by different groups and plenty of things to do on the weekend. UL Lafayette also gets a lot of talk because of our amazing swamp, complete with fish, turtles, and even alligators! The students are stereotyped as fun and willing to get to know and help everyone!

I think some stereotypes about UL students is that they don't care about the university. I think a lot of people assume just b/c there is a lack of sports attendance it automatically means lack of school pride. I think it's completely untrue, I think all students want the UL name to succeed so they're degree can mean something.

Our Univserities biggest stereotype is that we are a party school. It is extremely hard to ignore this description being that we are in Louisiana. Because we live in Louisiana, it is also said that our education is less than acceptable, which is far from true.

I believe UL is stereotyped as being an easy school for people who couldn't get into LSU. Another stereotype is that we are all from the country and have no plans on moving away from Lafayette.

everyone says that ul is a party school and its students are all alcoholics. because we have a swamp at the school, people think we are all country.

There aren't too many stereotypes I hear about UL Lafayette except the only reason we went to UL is because we couldn't get in to LSU

hometown college with hometown people second rate academics students who like to party all the time

Some stereotypes are the students there are stupid, and poor. UL is thought to be dirty and old.

That we are LSU rejects. That we are lower class since it is inexpensive to go to school here.

some teachers are sexist and/or racist, especially in the nursing dept. and biology dept.