University of Louisiana at Lafayette

« See more reviews of University of Louisiana at Lafayette

I wish I had known of an HBCU with Industrial Design. ULL doesn't offer very many scholarships, but had I found an HBCU with my major, I could have banked off my National Achievement status, as well as my ACT and GPA. I also with I had known the atmosphere. I wouldn't have wasted time trying to adjust or fit in, and I would have known to just accept my cards and do what I have to in school.

Before I came to this school, I wished that I known about websites like ratemyprofessor.com because it would have helped me to pick my classes. That's not to say that I would have used such websites to pick the "easier" professor, but rather I would have use d it to take a professor who would challenge my mind and not give me a grade.

I wish I would have knnown about all the opportunities for freshman, especially in engineering. It would have been nice if I had a better time my senior year of high school to prepare for college. A lot of things got messed up for me that weren't UL's fault; I just wish it were easier to fix up to where it would work better.

The staff/administration is not very helpful. The classes that are necessary to complete my degree are not offered every semester and there are not many options for days/times of the classes I need, which makes it almost impossible to have a part-time job during the week (my classes are all over the place).

I wish i would have known a little bit more about my major and its school. It's helpful to know what your getting yourself into. Also i wish i had known about the housing issues here in lafayette. They are not bad but i learned through experence what i liked.

Before I came to U.L., I wished that I had to take alot of prep. courses before I would be able to take any of my core-classes. I also wished that I would have no that must people in this university are untrustworthy and lazy.

More about the parking situation. And I have asthma and had to register with Students with Disabilities and did not know about it until my junior year.

I was not sure of who I was before I came here, but once I was here, I found myself and am not afraid to be myself around anybody!

That I could have received more scholarships had my high school college advisor not told me that I wasn't eligible for them.

I wish i would have known that in college, you really do have to commit fully to schoolwork. You must teach yourself.