University of Louisiana at Lafayette Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Zena

I'm from a small town in Louisiana where everyone knows everybody. It was hard for me to leave home. ULL was a place that welcomed me with open arms and helped me to become the person I am today. It genuinely feels like home. The amazing mix of culture from all of our students backgrounds helped me to meet new people and understand other people's way of life. MY opinion of ULL would be that it becomes a piece of your heart and the people become family. You get the chance to learn new information while also learning who you are.

Lyric

I personally think that University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an amazing school. I feel like the school was meant for me to attend it. I also like that the school is very diverse, and I would love to be able to attend this school in Fall 2017. When I get accepted, I ca not wait till I am able to walk the campus and join extra-curricular activities.

Richelle

I have been at University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the past few years, and I go every now and then to study in the library and I am returning in the fall. There are a lot of helpful resources, food restaurants. I don't like all the extra buildings that are being added onto the campus that keep raising the cost of our tuition. The administration isn't always friendly and patient in my major's department, but students are pretty helpful and share information. There are a lot of food places and the University bus helps a lot with transportation. I also enjoy going to the gym and their swimming pool is great for exercise and relaxation. The cafeteria food is great and we have a variety of different choices, but in my opinion it is expensive and also the parking! This university is one of the cheapest in our nation, which is why I chose it since it is budget friendly and so close to home. There are special buttons that you can press to call for help if you feel unsafe. There are a lot of freebies and events that encourage students to get involved, and I enjoy going to the Christian organization ministries in between classes. If I had to rate UL I would give it about a 3.8 out of 5 stars.

I love going to UL it has something for everybody. They have a large variety of clubs ranging from science club to anime club. The band is very good and puts on many concerts. There are plenty of fun events to take a break of studying. Its also a good sized college, not to big as to where you'll get lost and not to small to were yo will see the same people everyday. The people there are also very nice, as a shy person I am afraid of new people, but everyone I've met there have been very nice to me. I am glad I chose UL as my college.

Laura

ULL has many issues that need to corrected. There is no political activism and a lack of rigorous academics. They need to work on their food services. ULL offers amazing scholarships and is cheap compared to other universities. If you are able to find your niche of students who you enjoy to be around, this can be a great place. I've been here for one semester, and it is underwhelming and overwhelming all at once.

Alesia

I love the school and would like to recieve information about it.

too damn expensive...

Isabella

ULL is a pretty good school in general. I enjoy most of my classes, and I have made a few good friends considering I don't get out much. I like my Biology program, but my friend was an interior design major, and she said they didn't have a good program. Worth taking note for those interested in that or something similar. It's a nice sized campus, not big like LSU but not small like Millsaps. It's one of those see-for-yourself places because you might love it or hate it depending on the person you are, the major you want, and the environment you're looking for.

shakyra

The University feels like I never left home! From time to time when I visit the campus everyone is nice and always showing a welcoming smile. The culture is great as well, many students try their best to get many students involved on campus and also make sure they are aware about the problems that we face on a day to day basis.

I love studying at ULL. It is a wonderful college, and I have met some excellent people there. I have had some great professors and graduate assistants just as helpful. The culture pours out of the city and washes over the residents every waking moment. I would not want to get my undergrad anywhere else.

Kacey

UL is an okay school. They definitely show out on preview days and give the best food on those days. Some days the food is okay other days it is terrible. Most of the staff are nice. The wifi is spotty around campus. They dorms stay clean most of time. They roommate choice system is a little off. But other than that UL is a great school.

Sophie

The atmosphere is very nice. I love walking around campus, but I have had trouble with attending UL for a variety of reasons. The university does provide education but when it comes to going above and beyond I feel like Lafayette comes up short. The honors program is a bit of a joke compared to other college's and I haven't felt very challenged since stepping on campus, nor have a felt like I've had a lot of opportunities (though I am just a freshman) . UL seems to try hard at the things it does but ends up coming short- football games leave a lot to be desired (though I'm not apart of Greek life), a lot of clubs but nothing that seems really interesting or engaging, and campus events just are not that great. However, I have seen a lot of people fall in love with the campus, your education is what you make of it.

Melissa

It's a great university but is very limited on what they have to offer. Their main focus are engineering or nursing majors. They do not pay much attention to art so the art teachers don't teach well or even care. The school eliminated some majors throughout the years because not many students pursue it, but wen they do, it's too late. Some of the professors care for students which help create a bond as a student to help make sure you pass the class.

Rebekah

I love ULL. I feel so invited and safe here, and I think this a great place for people to come and truly embrace who they are. I believe that the campus and the people on campus create a safe environment that allows student to figure out who they are without pressuring, but at the same time pushing them to be better. I can't wait to see the future I have at ULL. A lot of people think it is an underrated school but it is just a southern-hole in the wall- gem that we would love to share with anyone who is eager and interested to be a Ragin Cajun!

Brianna

Overall UL is an amazing school. Most professors are friendly and the classes are productive. The environment is beautiful and the atmosphere is embracing. Honestly it's a great school. There's nothing better than walking across campus under canopies of trees after stressful classes.

Jazlyn

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette, or ULL, features both friendly students and staff. Being a Ragin' Cajun feels like being home for many, including myself. The campus is always very lively and there is always something to do each week, if you have any free time, that is! There are several spots to dine in, or out, on campus and all facilities can be reached with ease as we even have a bus that will shuttle us from place to place if they are too far out of walking distance. There is even a well organized security setup for if and when trouble arises on campus. ULL has it all! Go Cajuns!

caitlyn

I love being a Ragin Cajun! its so diverse and very welcoming!

sharon

Overall, a great school to attend. Profs are reachable and involved, admin makes the process relatively easy, the culture enhances the overall experience.

Kimberly

University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an amazing environment! There’s a lot of diversity and an opportunity to meet many people of different ethnicities. I am an out of state student from Texas however I feel right at home. The professors are very reasonable and understanding. I was very nervous for my first semester but I can truly say I made the perfect decision! GEAUX CAJUNS!

martina

It's the best place to be! People can be themselves and show off their intelligence, talents, and expertises! The teachers are amazing and help you out as best as they can. As for the campus activities, they have great events planned for the student body which is great for everyone. To me, I feel like I am home.

Kenan

I think this school costs to much for what it is giving you. If you are not here for meducsl field then they don’t really care about your academics. Other than that the school is great and has a safe atmosphere. Also the sports is a very good way to meet new people and socialize.

Morgan

The University of Louisiana is a beautiful campus filled with gorgeous oak trees that provide shade during the hot Louisiana days. The students are filled with school spirit, and everyone wears the school colors. The education is very good , and the professors are willing to give help when and where its needed. There are many facilities for the use of the students, including a library, union, cafeteria, medical center, STEP lab, writing center, and many places to get tutoring help.

Zion

I love ULL! Super glad I chose to go here. There people are super inviting and friendly which is huge for freshmen. There are always events going on every week so it's super easy to mingle and become involved. Lastly, I like that the professors keep open communication.

mahogany

They are a good school but their main focus is about putting money in their pockets. The forget that they have kids to worry about sometimes but also housing for freshmans is not cool because they don’t allow you to stay with sisters and you have to stay on campus.

Kelsie

When I first stepped on to this campus I admittedly felt at home. The overall atmosphere is of love and acceptance. No matter who you are or what you like your going to find your people and if there is not a club or a group already established you and easily start one.

N/a

DESTINAE

ULL is a very family orientated school. It is not just about academics, but also how everyone gets along. As a sister of an alumnus and a visitor, I have always noticed how good of a school ULL was. However, the party setting for ULL is always seen as a distraction.

Jeremiah

I love UL and spending time there is like just being at home. All the students there are super friendly and making friends is super easy. Its hard to even walk through the library without seeing someone you know or making a new friend with someone you recognize from a class or club.

Dillon

Ragin' Cajun! Ragin' Cajun! Get used to the sound of that because at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, there's so much school spirit, its incredible. The university feels safe, there's always something to do, the academics are great, and it is a wholesome community. The dorms are fantastic, my only complaint would be that the internet can get slow, but most of the dorms are modern and comfortable. Food is never a problem, Lafayette provides some of the best, true, Cajun food. Overall, this is a very amazing, relatively small university, and I would suggest anyone that's interested to give ULL a chance.

Adam

During the first year, there's a couple of things to get used to but nothing to prepare for. The classes are nice and informative, depending on your major. The professors vary on what level they teach: helpful, encouraging, and understanding or the polar opposite. Overall, it's situational and what you make of it. Your attitude and choices will determine your time at ULL.

I think UL has a lot of potential. The scenery is beautiful with all of the trees so there's that. The professors could be a little more enthusiastic. I feel like a lot of them that teach medium-large (even small sometimes) classes forget that each student is an individual and has an individual learning style. Teachers are arguably the most important job in the world because they are responsible for teaching the next engineer, doctor, reporter, etc. on how to do their job efficiently. There are a lot of incredibly brilliant minds teaching at the university that sometimes lack the ability to engross the student or explain it in an understandable, interesting way.

Lance

UL Lafayette has a few impressive programs, and I have experienced two of them. I started in nursing, and it was amazing. Super knowledgeable teachers who take their job very seriously, but I realized it wasn't something I wanted to do as a career so I switched to business. It's been a joke. Most of the professors are underwhelming and dull with the occasional exception. I have learned very little from the business department and am graduating next semester. The campus overall is very beautiful. They do a great job to keep it maintained and they're are over 300 century oak trees on campus -- very beautiful. Most people seem to be at the school to simply get a diploma, very few seem genuinely interested in academia. It's a pretty large campus for Louisiana with a great level of diversity!

Kristen

The University of Louisiana is a great community, Lafayette has amazing food and culture. There is always something to do on and off campus! The University really goes above and beyond to help their students. Not to mention the campus is beautiful, from the red brick buildings, the old oak trees lining the sidewalks, to the swamp in the middle of campus, be prepared to have your breath taken away.

Caitlyn

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a friendly and welcoming place to expand your education. The people are nice, the city is exciting, and the classes are fun and informative. The teachers of the nursing department are some of the most interactive and supportive teachers I have met.

My overall opinion of University of Louisiana at Lafayette is that for the most part it's a good school. I love the nature scene of the swamp and all the extracurricular activities. The scheduling is an annoying hassle if you don't have priority scheduling.

Courtney

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a second home to me and the students that attend the university. Not only is our campus extremely diverse, but we are also extremely involved with other students, faculty, and the community. Anyone and everyone can identify with at least one of the 280 organizations we have on campus. These clubs include sororities/fraternities, professional societies, ethnic organizations, religious clubs, and even LGBT clubs; these are only a small fraction of what UL has to offer. Along with clubs, sports play a huge part of campus involvement! Our school has free admission into any home game with your ID card. All of the students sit in a special section called the Red Zone where school spirit has a tangible energy that is infectious! UL also has many resources to help all students succeed academically! From one-on-one tutoring to actual student teaching, UL gives students all the tools they need to succeed in the classroom. The classes are geared to help students connect with not only each other but also with the professors. Each class uses moodle where you can see the others students in the class and you can open up communication about homework, assignments, and tests. All professors have office hours, but any professor can be reached by email and they will give you a quick response. UL’s different offices such as scholarships, admissions, orientation, student engagement, and many others are always available to help when a student calls. Each office is designed to give students the answers they need when need it and if they do not know the answer, the offices will find out for you! As you can see, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is your home away from home that is equipped to help you succeed socially, professionally, and academically!

Kenyattor

I've been wanting to attend the University of Louisiana at Lafayette since 6th grade. I am truly blessed and grateful to say that I made the right choice. There's nothing better than a diverse community that accepts all for who they are and not what people or society has labeled them as. That is the exact type of community the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is.

Brennan

From dreaming about it when I was younger, to finally being able to experience it, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette has never ceased to amaze me. Their on-campus swamp, active student body, delicious southern food, and being the only "Ragin Cajun" in the NCAA are examples of why ULL is such an amazing, and unique experience for every student and alumni alike.

While it was originally my third choice of schools, I can now confidently say I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. Lafayette has a budding arts scene which is a great pull for dancers like me. It's close enough to home in case I need anything but far enough away that I feel independent. I love the lasting relationships I've made through campus organizations, my classes, and my sorority. UL feels like family.

Sydney

The college offers many opportunities for people to succeed and multiple places to go with questions and concerns. The buildings are nicely laid out and the school is welcoming to new students and accepting with multiple different clubs. There are multiple resources provided to both the students and the parents of the students.

jarred

I loved my experience at The University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I came into this school in 2013 and will be graduating in May of this year. I have always done better in small classroom settings where i can have a personal relationship with the professors. Academically it was very challenging to keep my GPA high but i am graduating with a 3.3 Overall GPA! Overall great college and environment!

Dejahnera

Although this is only my second semester, UL is where I would like to complete my 4 years. Academics are very important to everyone around me which gives me a stronger drive to be great. Before coming to College I’ve always heard that your professors will not care about your grade, which is not true here at my University. Our professors care about our grades just as much as we do and are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure we’re fine.

Tiquinton

I think that ULL is an OK college. It has decent diversity and many different groups. The campus in general is huge which contain may different buildings. It has plenty of academics to choose from. I have plenty of friends who are attending there right now , so I wont feel completely alone there.

Marjorie

I enjoy campus. I am not a fan of the forces meal plan that comes with on campus residents. The newer dorms are clean. However, the cleaning staff included in the housing fees rarely clean well or at all. At most a quick wipe of the bathroom counter. Overall a good maintained, beautiful campus.

Heather

I have to be honest, this was not my school of choice. After attending this school for the past two years, it has definitely changed my mindset! I love my school, the people, and everything I am surrounded with. I would tell anyone to come to ULL, especially if they are majoring in business, we have a phenomenal and prestigious business department. I will forever be a Ragin Cajun!

Baylor

I could not see myself anywhere else. ULL has helped me find the person I always wanted to be. Besides having a swamp on campus with actual animals, including alligators, ULL pushes students outside the limits. People here constantly reinforce the importance of being involved outside the classroom. There is something here for everyone, even Campus Cats. I love here in Lafayette. My heart is here forever.

Sophie

I believe The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an overall great school! There are many things, like the cafeteria food and cleanliness of the school, that can be improved on. Overall though, I can not complain about how this university has treated me for my first semester here! Although it is an amazing school, it is actually rather expensive on my part and very hard to find scholarship opportunities.

Madison

I find it an enjoyable place to be and I, for the most part, like going to class. However, I don't feel that the mass amount of money that the university gets is spent in a correct manner. I pay thousands of dollars each semester and still struggle to find seats that aren't broken in class. There are professors here and there that expect way more from their students when it comes to work ethic and responsibility but little from themselves. Lastly, extra curricular activities are plentiful and vary greatly and I'm so grateful for that and to have found our UL Americorps program. Overall, I like this school but there is definitely room for improvement.

Lara

The weather is great, campus beautiful, and if you ask, there is always someone around to help. We all have the same goal, to graduate, so we Help. There are over 150 organizations. So there is a group for every person who is interested. It looks good on the resume, because there is fierce competition, when we graduate or look, for a graduate school.

Alyssa

It's great. The only thing is that there has been an influx of students so the financial aid office gets backed up. There's usually only 10 workers. I like the atmosphere because it is safe. Tuition gets raised almost every semester although that is due to budget cuts. It's more frustrating than anything else.