University of Louisiana at Monroe Top Questions

Most teachers don't take the time to know your name unless you want them to know it. If you take the initiative to go to their office and ask questions and get help they will remember you. My favorite class so far has been College Algebra because I love the humor of my teacher and I like math. My least favorite was biology because I didn't apply myself as much as I should and it was a lot of information to learn. Class participation is usually a grade in every class taken on campus. I've engage in many intellectual conversations outside of the classroom, such as political issues, social downfalls, etc. My major is Psychology and I love it! All my classes have been enjoyable and the department heads and very informative and helpful. The academic requirements and reasonable, of course I don't fully agree with the attendance policy but I know it's in place for a reason. Education is geared towards getting a job and professors will help you figured out which job would be best for you.

Myrena

The academics at ULM are amazing! The professors are amazing. If you are in an average to small size class they know exactly who you are, and that is an awesome thing. It makes the learning process more intimate, like you are the only one they are teaching. The teachers really know what they are doing here. Some of the professors are willing to spend time with you after class to explain things better and answer any questions you may have. They want you as a student to succeed.

Lacy

You get to know the teachers more personal compared to other schools. They really try to help you and that means a lot. If you put in effort you will get so much more out of a class.

The academics are not that intensive. I am able to know my professors names and they are personal. ULM is good at having the right about of students per class/subject.