University of Louisiana at Monroe Top Questions

I consider the small number of student organizations to be the worst thing about my school. There are few organizations to choose from if you want to be a part of student life. Also, the organizations do not recruit or advertise to incoming students. It is difficult to join the student community without being a part of these organizations. It is even more difficult to join these organizations without adequate information.

The worst thing about my school is that it is further from home than my mother would want.

Brentin

The worst thing is the amount of classes that you have to take for a given major. The university requires a lot of classes that don't seem to pertain to your major.

Tanasha

The worst thing about this university is the financial situation, though I'm sure that is affecting universities nationwide. Due to the current economic status, some desired classes are not staffed or do not make due to a lack of funding. I believe there could be many more opportunities for students if finances would allow for more faculty members.

I think that the worst part of school is that they close the cafeteria during holidays. There are some students that stay in dorms that dont go home for three day weekends when its Labor day. If the student gets hungry in the dorm there's no way to cook anything.

Natasha

In some of the classes, the professors tend to move a little fast.

The unnecessary classes that have to be taken in order to achieve your degree. Classes that do not pertain to your degree should not have to be taken in order to get your degree. This is a waste of money, expecially if you have to take out student loans in order to pay for them.

Trey

Parking. It encourages students to disregard the parking enforcement personnel or search for ways around them. It teaches people to undermine the authority.

Lots of classes do all their work online. I do better on paper. I don't like doing all of my work on the computer.

Lance

The school spirit here is terrible. People root too much for other state schools instead of ULM. Also, sometimes I feel like the school is poorly organized. Things are put together at the last minute instead of being planned ahead for properly.

I think that instead of trying to cram so much of information in a semester for students to learn that their not going to use is senseless. I think teachers should always stress important key information in every class from freshman to senior year.

Other than our parking dilemma, I consider our school's lack of cohesion between different groups (racially, economically) to be the worst thing about our campus. Unless our campus is able to function with all groups acting as a whole, I don't know how we will achieve more in the future.

The majority of the teachers care about the students, but they do not help them when they dont understand something.

The worst thing about the school is the small variety of food. I think that we should have more choices.

The worst thing about my schoool is the parking . I do not think it is fair that I have to pay for parking and there is not enough parking spaces for students who commute

Tyesha

The fact that the campus is not very active after class hours really hurts the social life of campus. Because there isn't really anything to do on campus after class except study, everyone usually go home or find something to do away from the campus.

CLASS...Some classes are so boring and most of the time the teacher is off subject...

Lee

I feel that the level of academia is not very high here. It does not take much effort in most classes to get an A or B. A lot of professors seem to limit the amount of information they present and the way that they present it as to not be very challenging for students. This makes me feel not as prepared for the standardized tests I will have to take to get into graduate schools. I also think that the lack of prestige of the school for academic excellence will make it harder to get into good graduate schools.