University of Louisiana at Monroe Top Questions

Mimi

My first outlook on the University of Louisiana at Monroe wat that the people on campus were very friendly. No matter where you went there was always a friendly face and if you are lost someone is always willing to point you in the right direction. One thing i would change is to bring more food options. I feel that my campus it the right size for me because on larger campuses you can sometimes feel lost and overshadowed by other people. On a smaller campus there are smaller class sizes which will mean more one on one time with the teacher. Having more direct time with the teacher helps to give a better learning experience. I spend most of my time either in the library or in one of the study rooms located within the on campus dorms. Only because I am someone that studys a majority of the time. However when I do decide to socialize, I spend time in the Student Union Building or outside of the Startbucks located on campus. When I tell people that I attend the University of Louisiana at Monroe, the reaction is always the same... "Oh ok that's a good school, you must be smart." Overall I feel like I made the right decision when coming here. I have made some life long friends and I am able to have fun without compromising my education.

Tiffany

I believe ULM is an amazing school. There are many opportunities here. I think the small town vibe is great. It minimizes some of the distractions of being in a big city (New Orleans, Baton Rouge etc.). If I could change one thing I would change the separation of different groups of people. Most people that attend this school are from small cities and come in packs, people don't tend to get out of their comfort zone of friends. When I tell people I go to ULM, most ask why I would want to be so far away from home and in the "country". I tell them I wanted to move away and meet new people without being distracted from big venues. I spend most of my time on campus at the SUB. It is such a fun environment and there is ALWAYS something going on. The administration is overall very helpful and well educated. We all bleed maroon and gold because school is important here. I'll always remember my experience of Greek life. The most frequent complaints students have about campus is parking.Overall it is a wonderful campus to get an education.

Myrena

I absolutely love this university. I think that the curriculum is amazing. The teachers are very good. here. They take their jobs seriously, and that means a great education as long as you're willing to take the time to learn it.

Lacy

Small town feel. Many locals, so if you are a transplant then you will have to catch up, but that won't be hard with Monroe's southern hospitality.

Chesney

I really love my college, I have lived in and around the area my whole life, and it is very enjoyable to go to school here. I enjoy my field of study mainly because of how talented and professional the professors are.

The big thing about this school is the education. There is no real party scene here. Come to the school on the weekend while school is in session and it is a ghost town compared to other schools.