University of Louisville Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Kassandra

Although as a soccer player I may be a little biased, I do have to say that I think the sport atmosphere here is awesome. Most of the instructors are just as involved and supportive as the student body. Nearly all the sports have a history of winning different championships and conference titles. Football and basketball are the main attractions, but I think everyone should check out a Field Hockey or Lacrosse game. Especially if you are like me and had never even heard of Field Hockey before now.

Corey

UofL is the best college sports town in America. At the time of writing this, our basketball program is ranked #7 in the country with the only NCAA Basketball coach to take three different teams to the Final Four, an hour and a half away from the #2 team in the country, our in-state rivals, the University of Kentucky. Our football team (as of right now) is tied for first place in the Big EAST and is in the thick of the race to win the Big EAST Championship. We are in our second winning season with a second-year head coach who took our football team to a bowl game in his inaugural season here, and WON. Our men's soccer team went to the NCAA Championship game last year and are currently in the NCAA tournament as I write this. The women's basketball team is coming off of another great year with a top 5 recruiting class. The swim/dive teams took the Big EAST Championship this year. The women's lacrosse team is ranked nearly every year. We have some of the best athletic facilities in the country, and we have a basketball court in the KFC Yum! Center that rivals that of an NBA team. I LOVE UofL sports.