University of Louisville Top Questions

It is one of the most friendly and diverse places Ive been to. So many people have exceeded my expectations and helped me create my own happiness and motivate me to accomplish things I never could have imagined. The professors and staff here are the best and I feel bad for anyone else not at the University of Louisville.

filder

The professors are really committed to the student academic progress and achievement.

The best thing about my school is all of the school spirit. Everyone gets really excited about sports and students at UofL are proud to be Cardinals.

Luis

I believe the best thing about my school is the amount of activities it offers to the students so that no one feels left out and gives a chance for students to get involved in what they like.

Corey

It's a perfect mix of urban and college campus feels. It's right in the middle of "Old Louisville", Churchill Downs (for you horse racing fans, or even people who just like getting dressed up to go out), downtown Louisville, and the main highways to get around the city. It's close to downtown and the river/waterfront area, but it also is right next to the highway so you can hop on and get to most parts of the city pretty quickly.

Meagan

It has a very wide variety of architectural styles and different themed areas. Some parts of campus are full of very old buildings, some are more modern. Some parts are more industrial and urban while others have plenty of trees and cute little squirrels around (there's even a contest every year to see who can take the best picture of the albino squirrels that mostly live on only one end of campus). I think it's that variety which makes UofL more interesting.

Tiesha

The best thing about my school is that all educators make themselves available outside the class room. Each professor has provided the entire class with email addresses, telephone numbers, and other contact information to aid students outside the class room when necessary. I think this is important to students because many times as we prepare outside the class room problem solving and critical thinking produce questions and concerns often forgotten during general class periods. We can rest assure that the interests of the staff is to provide support the learners even if that means contacting them outside the institution.

My school offers a variety of majors and programs for students and has many programs to help students pay for college, be successful in it, and enjoy their college experience. These factors make my college a great choice for anyone and make me confident that I made the right choice.

Amania

Having graduated from a small rural high school, the University of Louisville provided a rich opportunity for educational achievement, but also a wonderful opportunity to explore diversity in language, culture, and socio-economic differences.

UofL has a program called REACH. This is FREE on-campus tutoring that is available to students. There is tutoring in every subject. This program is very helpful especially since the classes are so large and the professor is not available to help you individually. It is offered in various places around campus every day.

The best thing about my school is the student, the diversity and how much school spirit they have. Not only the students but the whole community.

There are a number of classes to pick from as far as scheduling. You can find classes that meet two days a week up to four depending on how much time you would like to spend per day in a class. Along with this, there are typically mulitple day options as well as times the class meets. This makes putting together a schedule and working a little easier.

Ricky

The best thing about my school is the learning environment. Its well organized. relaxed and right to the point. For some reason the teachers know how to reach each individual student, no matter how large the class room setting is. They are very detailed and thorough with their explanations which makes understanding and interpreting so much easier on the student. With teachers this good, not much tutoring is needed. I have never been to a school where work was so hard, but learning is so easy. Definitley the best academic environment for any college student.

Josie

The resources to help/educate students.

Jynna

The one thing that I love the most about UofL is the tutoring program we have called REACH. I've only used it a couple times but it's helped me to understand Calculus so much better. It's a free program paid for by our tuition and it really helps to benefit us, the students.

The best thing about my school is the many small classrooms it has. When i first started to look at schools i was nervouse that all of my classes would be large but most of my classses turned out to be small. Therefore, if i needed one on one help from my teacher i can get it.

alisha

school spirit, the city,

Christy

The diverse classes that are offered.

The best part about the university of louisville is the strong sense of community. As you walk around the campus you will find yourself running into old friends from high school or new friends from your current classes, and you will probably notice the same thing happening to people around you. This sense of community at the University of Louisville makes it more comfortable to network with your peers and to build strong relationships with others, as well as give you a great environment to academically succeed in.

The best part of my school is its diversity. Not only are the education opportunities and paths diverse, but so are the people and activites available. With so many different things to join or try, it is easy to find people, experences, and activities that you an invest in. Students can experience an array of different opportunities which provide them a way to further understand themselves because of the University's diversity.

The best thing about my school is the coinveinence with the Communications program major. It is the only major that you can take almost all of the classes required for the major online through distance learning. Because I work a Full Time day job at a major corporate company, my school schedule is not very flexible, so the ability to take classes online on my own time is very beneficial for my chance to further my education.

Its location--downtown Louisville is a great place to be a college student.

Lubomir

The ability to set up a schedule conveniently since a lot of the classes are offered at various times throughout the week. Thanks to this ability I was able to sign up for classes and look for a job, at the same time. University of Louisville is a very outgoing institution and its teachers are willing to even create a class for you even if it's not officially offered. Thanks to this I was able to take a German class at a higher level despite and the teacher actually created a whole new class and material just for me.

Cuong

My school is not too big, but at the same time not too small so that it has the ability to offer a variety of classes.

Adrienne

The best thing about my school would have to be the professors. I like the University of Louisville professors not only because they teach me the material but also because they allow me to think for myself about the subject being discussed. I have learned how to analyse things for myself and, from there, compose my own opinion about that particular subject. I am extremely blessed to be being taught by the wonderful professors of the University of Louisville. They are not only immensely intellegent and talented but caring, understanding, helpful, and passionate as well.

Athletics provides tutoring! :)

It is a fun and easy going campus. It is easy to feel like a part of things at Louisville. Classes are usually intresting. The campus is easy to get around.

It is very Friendly and it easy to fit in because it is so diverse.

DeAndra

The best thing about the University of Louisville is the entire college experience. Louisville is the perfect area to explore and find yourself amongst this busy world. The campus offers so many differing venues, clubs, and sports ensuring that no one is ever left out. I love feeling like I'm a part of something bigger than myself and enjoying a new way of life in the process. At UofL, I have just the right amount of pressure being put on me and the perfect proportion of extracurriculars tied in. I can't imagaine being anywhere other than here!

Corey

The school spirit! Personally I am very interested in sports and was happy to attend a university with competitive athletic programs that the students strongly supported.

That I graduated.

The community has a lot of pride in the University of Louisville. The sports are amazing and a lot of fun to participate in or watch.

I feel the best thing is how easy it is to get involved.

I think the best thing would have to be all the extra cirricular activities they offer. They have a theater on campus where they show movies for cheap. They also do fun things like foam parties and a fall carnival. Everything is usually really cheap or free. You could be walking around on campus one day and a club or organization could have a table set up where they are giving out free food. I like it.

The best thing about this school is the passion that is here. Every professor here are very passionate about their field of study and it's obvious to students.

Shellese

The tuition is cheap, and I recieved a full scholarship!

Juana

Students

The faculty and staff who would do almost anything to help a student in need

Leighanne

I like that it is close to home and the people I love. That is the only reason I stay here.

Charice

I can go there for free, because my mom works there

The best thing I consider about my school is the "well-rounded" environment that is displayed. No matter what ethnicity, race, gender there is a place for you on campus. There are tons of clubs, groups, and organizations that you can join. There is something for everyone & if there is not, you are giving the opportunity to create your own "niche." In other words no one is left out, there's something for everyone.