Fort Kent, ME
University of Maine at Fort Kent

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maine at Fort Kent

Bryiana

The University of Maine at Fort Kent is a small school. It allows students the opportunity to learn in a small class environment. Students get personalized teaching due to the small classes. There is not much to do off campus, which causes students to spend more time studying, and less time partying. It is the perfect school for students looking for a small town environment, and for students looking to pursue a career in the outdoors.

Kelsey

I have honestly had an amazing experience at this college. The professors are easy to talk to and are really open to helping you pursue any career you have your mindset on. They will help you set realistic goals and allow you opportunities to successfully complete these goals.

Shane

UMFK is a small diverse community in which you feel safe anywhere you go. The Nursing program is tremendous and the professors are always available to talk with!

Yajaira
GREAT!

GREAT!

I personally really enjoy the University, it is a really safe and small campus. The professors are great and really help you out when needed. You know most people around it is a very small community, and if you like small classroom sizes and friendly people it's great. I'd also say within the school it is very diverse many students from all over the place, and many friendly faces.

Julia

The University of Maine at Fort Kent stands out for its student to faculty ratio. Each class is small in size, providing ample opportunity for the students to get to know their professors and feel comfortable with asking questions. This small school ties everyone together, creating a tight-knit community.

The University of Maine at Fort Kent is a fantastic school for those pursuing nursing in the state of Maine. UFMK is known for its nursing program and its successful pass rate on the NCLEX exam. UMFK recruits some of the most elite athletes in the world to play for this small school, ranking it as one of the best in the nation for soccer and basketball. Being next to the Canadian border provides diversity across campus and in the community.

Malcom X, a human rights activist, once said “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today”. This quote encompasses what I would tell myself has a high school senior. As a sophomore at the University of Maine at Fort Kent studying Nursing, I have a 3.85 GPA and I can thank the dedicated teachers that I had in high school for preparing me for success in college. Who knew all those late nights doing homework would pay off? I should have decided on one major, applied to more colleges, and more scholarships. Now that I’m $50,000 in student debt from bank loans, I know that I should have done more for my future by preparing for it financially. I would advise any high school senior to carefully plan their finances for college. After being indecisive on a major for two years, I couldn’t be more thankful to have found my passion in nursing. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would ensure that investing into the future of my education is truly priceless.

Pamela

This school is way up north in the middle of no where, close to the Canadian border. It is great for people who like to do outdoor things, such as camping, hiking, skiing, and snowmobiling. The college is very community based and hands on. The professors are awesome and want you to succeed. The community is very supportive. If you want to succeed and be the best you can be this is the right place for you!!

My fellow peers are supportive and a blast to be around, especially on a cold snowy day.

Self: "Save up a little money to buy new clothes for when you wash all your new colored clothes with your whites. Walking around as a college student with spotted clothes is not the new fad this season."

Emmaly

There is not much to say bad about this school. If you are looking for a college that is placed right in the harth of a tight-kight community, UMFK is the one. Given that I have to bring up a 'worse' attribute, I would mention that the campus dining hours can be tough to work around if the student has a FULL schedule. With that said, the cafe has been making changes throughout my college experience to better the students as well as being open to sit down with a student to work through the difficult timing.

I love the atmosphere here! It is not only conductive to learning but it is a well rounded school! I have been able to focus and learn a great amount of knowledge that will help me secure a job in teh work force as well as kick back and relax with friends or attend the numerous selective of student activities once the school work is completed!

If I were able talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her two things. First off, I would tell her to get more involved in school activites and not stress so much about grades. Studying and putting your academics first would still be my priority of college, however, I was a bit much. As long as I came to lectures prepared, continued to utilize my study time properly and put my best foot forward, I could have relied more of the quote, "If you have given it your all, than you have already won." I would tell myself that professors are not intentioanlly trying to pile on what seems like an impossible amount of work but instead, they are bringing out the best of you when it comes to preseverance, deligence, and acccomplishement. Secondly, I would suggest working a bit more during the summer breaks to save up more money so that working a full time job during college would not be needed. With more time, I would have had the opportunity to get more of an well rounded college experience that involves being a part of the campus and not just looking back at academics only.

Zackery

I would tell myself to stay on top of all studys, getting ahead in trying to get scholarships for college and get better test scores. I think i would also tell myself to get a job early to start saving money for gas and the car he is getting. Find as many odd jobs as you can zackery and build that money up. Sreach for all scholarships that you can apply for big and small ones because any bit of money will help you pay for the outrageous prices for college and gas. Most importantly work your butt off and have fun being you zackery and i love you.

Courtney

Small classes, with a low student to teacher ratio.

Small classes, with a low student to teacher ratio.

I would have told myself to take more "On Course For College" courses. Many local community colleges offer night courses to high shool student, it is a great way to get ahead of the game. Also I wish that I had prepared myself fo the accuplacer. Having to take developmenta courses throws off your degree plan.

This college is wonderful for students persuing a career in nursing, forestry, and business. Many students have left Fort Kent because they felt that the town provided too little recreational opportunities. I feel that you are at a college for schooling, not activities. Fort Kent is a small town with a friendly community.

University of Maine at Fort Kent administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.