University of Maine at Presque Isle Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Maine at Presque Isle

Beatrice

The campus is small but that invites that small community atmosphere. You have the opportunity to become very close with people and you often rely on eachother since there isn't much to do. The downside to this is that after you've met everyone- that's it and if they don't float your boat you're at a bit of a loss. The atmosphere is fun and people get very creative with how they spend their time. In winter the boys at my dorm created a ski "ramp" out of snow and skied down it. Teachers are into research and always have opportunities for students to get Involved. The outing club is amazing and provides so many activities for students. I went turtle tracking with my teacher for wood turtles. It was really fun. I went white water rafting in Millinocket for $10!! The movie theatre is down the street and you can walk to it which is great. If you do have issues with anyone on campus the support system is dynamite and they really want to make sure you feel comfortable and safe. Ralph, the school counselor, is amazing to speak to especially if you get home sick since presque isle is pretty isolated. The lakes close to the school are great to relax by. The rolling mountains and hills that surround the whole town make for a perfect picture view everywhere you go. There is also a park close to school if you'd like to go for a run and trails around the campus. All around its not a bad school especially if you keep yourself focused on your studies and out of the drama that is inevitable.

I think it is a great school. The number of students isn't overwhelming and the professors are always around to help. This has been my dream school since I was 15 years of age and it definitely lived up to my expectation.

Erin

My overall opinion of University of Maine at Presque Isle, is great. I am able to use the facilities to better myself, like the gym at Gentile Hall. I know a lot of people who are currently enrolled, so if I were to go there next year for my first year of college, I wouldn't feel out of place. It is close to home, so I wouldn't have to stay in a dorm room all year. I would definitely go there if I didn't already have a top college in mind.

Theodore

At the University of Maine at Presque Isle there is not a lot to do. The sports teams and facilities I’m not well-maintained ends there’s not much equipment to be used for any support. The food on the campus is not appetizing whatsoever, they need to work on getting food out and ready and actually cooked not have done. The classes I have taken are very difficult because I have a language barrier with on the professors, and I am paying to listen to another professor gives his own opinion not any other opinion for the class . And Prescott there’s not much to do only a select amount stores you can go to and enjoy your weekend. Presque Isle is very far away from every where else in the state of Maine and it is very hard to communicate places.