University of Maine Top Questions

Coming to Maine from the suburbs of Philadelphia, the best thing about UMaine is the trees. Being able to wake up every day and look out the window to the beautiful pine trees covered in snow releaves all the stress that was weighing on my shoulders. The atmosphere and scenery is what seperates UMaine from any other school.

The best thing about my school is the campus. It offers so many things to the students and is so beautiful that it makes walking to class not that bad.

Kara-Beth

Its' got a very homey feeling to it. You walk on campus and you don't feel like your an outside, you automatically feel as if you belong there. Everyone on campus hold the door open for you no matter how far away you are. Cars are constantly stopping to let students cross which from all the out of staters say, is quite rare.

Semi

I believe from my own experience that Regis college has some of the friendliest people i have ever met. Not everyone had the same college experience but if i had to pick my favorite thing about Regis it would be how easy it is to make friends. Before freshman orientation i remember going to school early and making friends with all the Orientation Leaders so before school even started i had already made a lot of friends. Throughout my time here, i have been able to meet people from many different cultures and make a lot of unique friends.

Kaylee

It has a good amount of people. It's not too crowded, but it's also not too empty.

The University of Maine has many great qualities. One thing that really made me choose UMaine was the atmosphere. When I came to visit this college as a high school student I was amazed by the friendliness of the students and staff. Maybe its the "mainer" way, but everyone here is always similing and willing to lend a hand. There is never a moment when I am on this campus that I dont feel 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} connected to the students.

The best thing about the school is the many places to eat. Lots of dinning commons means less congestion at major meal times.

It is in a location where access to outdoor recreation is readily available to all.

Joel

The best thing about The University of Maine is thate size. It is not to big and not to small. It is also an hour from my hometown, which is convinient. It also poses as a small community, being that it rest in a small northern central maine town.

I think that UMaine offers a wide cariety of classes for every major and if you want to take classes in something else you are interested in you can. Also, there is always something to do on campus. If you are bored , there is always a show or concert or something going on.

I feel like the best thing about my school is the recreation facilities. Our rec center is brand new and top of the line.

francis

friendly

Good academic programs. Fun to attend sporting events. Everyone is pretty friendly. Eco-conscience

Cortney

I consider Greek Life the best thing about my school. Greek Life opens the door for a variety of different experiences. Sororities and fraternities participate in campus activities, volunteering, and sports of all kinds. No matter what sorority or fraternity you decide to join, you are guaranteed to find a fit. As a sister of Chi Omega Fraternity, I couldn't imagine my life without all of the people I have met through Greek Life. We participate actively in our philanthropy, Make A Wish, to help children with life threatening illnesses. Greek Life is the best thing about my school.

matthew

Without a doubt, the greek community. They make the school a fun place to be as well as do many philanthrophies and things to help the school.

Most of the classes are not in large lecture tooms, rather they are rooms of about 40 people.

The people are really nice and the classes are mostly interesting. Also, the professors are helpful.

The best thing about UMaine is my friends and boyfriend. I have met some amazing people here, and they have made me a better person.

It's not too expensive, relitively speaking. You can feel safe here. And people all over the country know abou our programs.

Cheyanne

The best thing about my school is that I am able to continue my education for a very low cost compared to my prior school that I attended. I sacrifice however, the small class sizes that I am used to and prefer.

Students are friendly and faculity are friendly. Easy to make friends. The fresh air and great views make the surrounding area enjoyable.

The business school environment. Brings a lot of students and teachers together to help with all needs.

Gilford

The people, the atmosphere and the proximity to mountains full of fresh powder every winter.

H

The sense of community is the best part of Umaine. Community made it feel like home.

Cassie

The diversity of classes and the support and assistance of most professors is the most appealing aspect of this school.

I can't pick just one thing, I love this school!

Jen

The amountd things that are offered to do on campus. Most of time there are lot things that you can do on campus but they can get old after awhile but still fun.

Stacey

The best thing about the University of Maine is how diverse the campus is. There is always an activity, sporting event, group work, research, and even picnics going on. There is never a dull moment. I love how motivated the students are academically and socially. Everyone is usually friendly and willing to participate in something. There is so much school spirit, especailly at the Men's hockey games. I'm in the Pep Band and everyone and everything goes crazy at hockey games. It is so great to see people with so much passion in what they participate in.