University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Mason

Very closed-minded school with antiquated views and beliefs. I had a horrible time during my 4 years at the University and absolutely would have transferred after the first semester if my parents didn't share the same closed-minded beliefs. There is nothing this college offers that resembles anything that you would see in a real-life scenario. 1/10, do not attend. Homophobes.

Arianna

this is an over the top amazing school and i will be going here in 2021 so i highly reccomend it. I think that if you do end up going to this school you will like it as much as i do because they have so many opporotunities that you do not want to miss out on

Caleb

It's a good school, the place is pretty much a ghost town on the weekends but if you have a car to go somewhere it's not too bad. Football and baseball are the big sports around here, it is a pretty good community. The teachers here are very friendly and will help you if you try to access them inside and outside of class. The students here are friendly, it just takes a bit to get used to.

Vivianna

The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor is exceptional. At first, I was wary of the atmosphere and classes, but this has become home to me. The professors and faculty are very involved with the students, which is always great! The students are all very encouraging and welcoming. There are plenty of clubs to join and get involved in. The campus is always kept up to par very clean and beautiful! I always feel at ease here. Strongly recommend this campus!!!

Madai

Mary Hardin-Baylor is an exceptional Christian campus focused on giving students a Christ-centered college experience. The atmosphere makes everyone feel welcome and comfortable, while the classes are rigorous enough to challenge more critical thinking within the students.

Kimberly

I would recommend UMHB to anyone! I come from a small, close-knit community, so I wanted to go to a similar college. The class sizes are usually small, which makes it EXTREMELY easy to get to know the professors and fellow classmates. The professors truly want you to be successful. During my second semester, my chemistry professor actually spent hours of his own time helping me with a concept I didn't understand. There are tons of clubs/organizations that anyone can participate in, but if you aren't into getting involved, that's okay too! The campus is beautiful (which is also known for the people-friendly squirrels). Tuition is extremely high, but work-study is available, and the school tries to give as much scholarships as they can. I was worried that I wouldn't fit in because I come from a rather poor community, but not everybody there is rich. There are regular people like me. Definitely give UMHB a visit!

isabella

It might sound cliche to say, but i did not find this school, this school found me. UMHB is constantly reaching out to potential students because they want to share their beliefs and community with more college students. i fell in love with this school on my first tour. the campus is beautiful. we have a quad area that is perfecting for small activities like, ham-mocking, picnics, and studying, the school is really good as presenting the campus as a friendly clean environment. The school, of course is a private baptist college. you get to connect with a plethora of students that share the same faith and the same love for Christianity. within the first week of coming to this school i found a church that motivates to follow God's path. everyday i am surrounded by people who will support me and remind me that God has a plan for each and every one of us. in addition the people on campus are really friendly. you learn so much about this school within the first week, it becomes your second home. all of the staff and students are super informative and encouraging. its hard to feel left out in this campus. there are also a ton of opportunities to get involved. the volunteering outlets and clubs are all very different and all very inclusive. not to mention all of the fun activities certain clubs provide every week for the whole campus. for example ever Wednesday the club cab gives away treats or prizes. there is always something to look forward to. since we are a small school each student is able to go through more hands on learning. teachers are very helpful and there are plenty of resources to get extra help outside of class. teachers have office hours, there are tutoring sessions and open labs designated for helping each student get the understanding they need. overall i believe this school is great for any college student who wants to grow closer to god, experience a great sense of community and stay strong academically

Maci

Overall, I am satisfied with the campus of Mary Hardin Baylor and their academics, involvement and professor connections. I have enjoyed participating in various activities. Those activities include missions emphasis week, american marketing association and beta gamma phi.

Dejion

Nice small school in Central Texas where its easy to make a friend or two and focus on your books but social life is non existent and really not much to do in the town or on campus.

Alissa

There is a fantastic community on campus. People are super welcoming and friendly, making it easy to make lasting friendships quickly. You get to meet people from all different backgrounds which helps expand your worldview and gives you cool variety in your group of friends. It is easy to get connected to a church- there are a lot of them. Professors and other staff are very kind and happy to help however they can. There are ample opportunities to grow academically, spiritually, and as a person. There is plenty to do both on and off campus: events, bowling, skating, theaters, and shops. There are lots of great organizations for whatever you are interested in-there is something for everyone. When you come to UMHB, you come home.

Mary

The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor is an exceptional institution. The school provides ample opportunities for learning and academics, but it also prizes the value of personal and group recreation to escape from studies occasionally. Its quiet and calming environment gives a peaceful quality to its residents.

Kara

The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor has a beautiful campus and a seemingly amazing academic program. I have visited three times and I was impressed all three times with my tour and the campus layout. I am enrolled for the next year and cannot wait to start my college experience here!

Linda

UMHB is a great school with amazing resources! Teacher to student ratio is perfect and allows students to really be able to engage and get help from professors. The nursing program is exceptional and has an amazing facility that includes simulation rooms that really helps prepare students for the real thing.

Melinda

I absolutely love this school. It is located in a small town which gives lots of opportunity to get involved with the community. The people here are also extremely nice and caring. Its great to know that you have so many people as a support system. I also love the encouragement of Christian values without being too pushy.

Uzoamaka

If I had to do it all over again I would. I love it here. It is quiet and student to teacher ration is more than reasonable. I feel like the professors actually want us to pass. They always encourage hands on experience and are always willing to help, provided you seek out help and ask the right questions. I also love the family atmosphere it exudes. All in all I love UMHB. GO CRU!!!

Corey

UMHB is a wonderful school that I am very proud to be a student of. I think we could engage the community better and students can often get stuck in a kind of bubble on campus, but besides that I love this school. I have attended UMHB for two semesters now and I could not imagine attending another school.

Kandis

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor is a school that will make you feel welcomed. The community you are surrounded by is so warm and welcoming that you’ll feel at home as soon as you arrive. The classes I have taken have exceeded my expectations. The teacher to student ratio is awesome and something I never thought I’d experience in college. Nine times out of ten I have had a caring professor who will go out of his way to provide me the best education possible.

Alyssa

The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor is a great school. The teachers know you personally, and the overall environment is great; the campus is beautiful. It is a small campus but it is big enough. The people here support and encourage one another in academics, athletics, etc.

My overall opinion of Mary Hardin Baylor is a very positive one. I will highly recommend this college to anyone wanting a faith based college experience. There’s so many groups on campus for you to find something to H-E-B involved in no matter what your interests are. The professors are always so helpful and really care about you succeeding and doing well later in life. The campus is absolutely beautiful and they are constantly working on making it better with new buildings and facilities.

Kassi

This university is one of the only colleges that I had seen; that had a great nursing program, great campus, friendly people all around, and a suitable dorm. I am continuing my education as a CNA here and am excited to see that these next for years will have in store for me. :)

Jacquelin

It has been a journey. New people, new environment, and new teachers are always a pleasant experience. I've gotten the chance to learn and gain from different perspectives. It is easy to connect with teachers and talk to them one on one about class or just life. The best part of the school may be the requirement to attend fine art events! I enjoy seeing the band perform or an art gallery. There are many opportunities offered for students to get help and find their dream jobs. I have only heard good things about their Education department and am glad I get to be a part of it and learn from teachers that aim to prepare the teachers of tomorrow!

Cody

I really like the school. I've almost been here for a whole year, and I've been introduced to so many new and fun things. The class sizes are a fraction of other, larger schools, and I always feel safe on campus. Everyone is really friendly, including and especially the professors, and the school just has an overall welcoming environment.

Armani

It is cool or whatever. I live around Baylor. I think it is pretty cool how the students there go out to different schools and observe teachers

Jenna

I may be biased, but I absolutely love UMHB with all my heart. There is no other school I would rather be at, because there is nowhere else like it. The people, community, and School itself are so amazing and caring 24/7. It's the best kind of environment to learn in and I will be sad when my time is up!

Yeslin

I am proud to be crusader. I have enjoyed my first semester here and am looking forward to the next three and a half years. UMHB is a place where I think you'll feel welcomed. Everyone is friendly, accepting, and the professors really care about your academic success. The student to faculty ratio is around 17:1, so you definitely are able to get help from your professors. Good luck all on your college searches and I hope you may consider UMHB. Go Cru!

Damaris

My overall opinion of the university, is that it is a very welcoming school. Every one, including staff and students are extremely nice and helpful. Everyone seems like they are there for you. The admissions process was made extremely easy thanks to everyone at the school. They genuinely want you to go there.

kassi

I just got accepted into the wonderful University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. And i am feelings all kinds of emotions right now; excitement, fear, curiosity, and all of above. I am pursuing nursing and the nursing center offered is completely amazing, i'm eager to start my education this fall. This college is so beautiful and i recommend any senior looking at colleges, to give UMHB a view. The tour was amazing and all the students and facility were all so nice.

Brianna

UMHB is simply amazing. There are a lot of opportunities to excel and make friendships that will last forever. UMHB is unapologetically Christian, but students do not 'shun' people from other religions. In fact, there are quite a few international students who are either Hindu or Muslim. It is very easy to find activities to be involved in and there are several opportunities for students to have fun at on campus events. Professors are always available to students and due to small class sizes it is easy to seek one on one help with instructors. UMHB is a great place to learn.

Ashlie

Loved every bit of it! This private Christian school is everything I, an introvert, could ever want. The art department might look small, but it has a very professional feel. You are able to make really good relationships with students and teachers alike; and the teachers are almost always available to help you.

Anabel

I love this place and I've only been here for one semester! It feels like home and everyone is very kind and on fire for the Lord. They are always having events that bring all the students together and the teachers are amazing. They really care about you and your education and will help you in whatever you are struggling with.

Makayla

The atmosphere is entirely friendly and the faculty truly care about the well-being of the students. It is a Baptist Institute and it is heavily emphasized and expressed through different aspects. I highly recommend the academia that is provided as well.

Maya

good school with many options that make you feel welcomed. for freshman it seems like the schools main priority is to make sure students and teachers feel welcomed to everything and they also make sure everyone is informed on what they need to know with academics, sports, services, and social events .

Mariah

I enjoy the school and the positive attitude of the students and faculty. The professors are very approachable and the campus police are very friendly. The dorm life is nice; there are a lot of rules but once you move onto an on-campus apartment, it becomes easier. The class size are small. The biggest class size is around 40 people and that's a lot here.

Ely

I actually backed-in to going to visit Mary Hardin-Baylor. I am a Top 6% Rank in my high school, which in Texas assured me of entrance to any State university. I was planning to go to UT. However, after my visit to UMHB I knew that is where I'd be going. Everything about it hit everything I was looking for: campus setting, smaller class size, professors who care and are available and approachable, and not too far from Austin. I am very excited to begin my college career at UMHB!

Noa

This school has always been on my top 3 lists of dream schools, I am so lucky and honored to be a part of a school which will change the future. This school is just amazing, the teacher and subjects are very resourceful, and the campus is beautiful and safe.

I believe it is a beautiful campus that everyone should have the chance to go visit and go to the spectacular football games. Some very new and historic buildings that no one can describe. There is many activities that people can join and the best part is that it is interdenominational so any religion can join and not feel awkward.

Caitlyn

It is a great campus with plenty of opportunities to connect with other people and prepare young people for adulthood. I have enjoyed my classes thus far, as the professors are knowledgeable and always ready to answer any question we might have. I cannot wait to see what the spring has in store!

Sylvia

UMHB is a really good school in terms of academics and sports, but its a really expensive school. The university has a great nursing school to which I recommend for anyone willing to go to nursing school in Texas. It has a small size class that gives you the opportunity to actually learn and ask questions in class. The teachers know each student in the class by name because of the small size of the classroom, this is really an amazing quality for the school because that way students are more comfortable with the teachers and not fearful of them instead they feel free to talk to them and give their opinions in the classroom.

johnzeria

i visited multiple times because the school is just that great. I love the experience because even though I go a lot every experience is different and i learn more about the campus i plan on attending.

Patrick

UMHB is a fantastic school. The christian environment is very unique to other schools. People care for each other and really take the time to make it known. The classes are challenging yet small so you can become close with the professors. On campus living is very nice. There are multiple options for living on campus which is a very good choice to have. The food on campus is very good. There are three options for food outside of the main dining hall which provides some variety. Sports at UMHB are taken very seriously and that be said the sports teams are very good throughout the school. The school is a very home like environment and really helped me not feel homesick. I highly recommend UMHB because of the friends you can make here as well as the combination of schools, sports, and really the campus as a whole.

Kailey

I really enjoy the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor! I have lived on campus but I have friends that do and they say that it is ok, but the opposite gender is not allowed in your room except during specific hours and if your door is opened, which I do not feel is always necessary. Although, in the nursing program I love our professors. We also have fantastic learning labs and a sim hospital. I love being in the nursing building. Also, the food on campus is really good. WE have a chick-fil-a and a subway type restaurant that are open late. I would encourage anyone pursuing nursing to attend UMHB.

Natascha

It is a great school with opportunities for all. It’s not too small and not to far from bigger cities for a fun weekend out. Students are nice and teachers are helpful. It’s great for nursing majors who want to stay on the same campus for four years and it’s a beautiful town. It also has potential to grow

snowy

I absolutely love the school, its been a dream of mine to go there. Its very classy, and close to my home town. Sports is a big deal to me and it is to UMHB as well. They have worked with me through any troubles I have encountered. The school is a perfect fit for me.

Emerald

My opinion of the school that it is a great Christian but until they deal with the racism and homophobia on the campus I believe it would exceed my expectations. Financially it’s hard going to that school and if you get with the right person they can try to help you. Outside of those issues I believe that it’s pretty tight knit campus.

Norma

My opinion of University of Mary Hardin Baylor is that i feel like home also i feel like the professors would teach us good and it would help us on your future also in your daily life, also what like that is that is baptist college that every student would respect each other because we all adults and we not little kids any more also what i like is that the room from women and men are separate so there can't do nothing bad to women and men. Then what i like is that with your room mate there put you with a person that matches your profile so you can be safe just in case you have allergies or something else.

kylan

I visited University of Mary Hardin-Baylor the other day. I did not expect to like it as much as I did. They do not have a lot of students, so that means that the teachers actually know you by your name. University of Mary Hardin-Baylor has over 40 academic programs for whatever course you are wanting to take. Almost all of the students receive some type of financial aid to help with paying for college. UMHB is ranked in the Top 20 in Best Value Schools. It is a private, christian school. They love God and they require you to go to classes about it.

My overall opinion of the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor is that it is a beautiful campus surrounded by lovely staff who really care for the well-being of students. Go Cru!

Rebecca

amazing school great atmosphere.

I absolutely love this school and everything it stands for. I plan on attending her to pursue a nursing degree. This school made me feel safe and welcomed. Looking at the resources provided to the students, I feel confident that I can be successful at this school