Fredericksburg, VA
University of Mary Washington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mary Washington

sarah

The best thing about UMW is the campus and the professors. I have (quite literally) spent hours talking with my professors during their office hours. It is a great feeling to walk into their office and have them call you out by name. I would change the meal plan (nobody really knows what is going on) and the slow internet. Just like in Goldilocks, the school is just right. It is big enough to accomplish what you need to but small enough to be personal.

Most of the student body is from northern VA or farther up. But dont let that stop ya! I am from (deep) southwest VA (as in 6 1/2 hours away from campus), and I have acclimated quite nicely.

Don't forget to bring air fresheners and lots of quarters. The laundry machines can be kind of tricky.

The business department is absolutely fantastic. They make fun of the english majors a lot, but it is all in good fun.

I love club tennis... We just got back from nationals in Carey, North Carolina and it was pretty much amazing.. Not going to lie- UMW is just like any other college- there are parties and alcohol.. But, if you do not want to get involved with that kind of stuff, you definitely don't have to.. There is no "official" Greek life on campus which (in its own weird little way) has actually turned out to be a plus...

University of Mary Washington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.