Fredericksburg, VA
University of Mary Washington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mary Washington

Angela

My classmates are young but nice.

My classmates are young but nice.

I can't think of anything bad to say about my school.

When I was in high school, I knew that I loved numbers. My mom and guidance counselor encouraged me to go for accounting. Once I got to college and into the upper-level accounting courses, I realized that I didn't like it at all. It was then that I realized that I should have not been so dead-set on one major. Rather, I should have explored other options. The reason is that I've come to realize that if you're going to be working for 30+ years, then you need to like or better yet, love what you're doing! Also, I would have told myself to finish preferably before having children. I now know how hard it is to work full-time, go to school half-time, and take care of a 5 year old boy! It will be worth it in the end, and I don't regret anything, but it would have been much easier on myself to finish school. I am going for Computer Science and Mathematics now, which was similar to what I was good at in high school and will guarantee me a successful career and life!

G.

As a college junior, if I could go back in time to my high school years, I would not worry so much about living in a dorm because that's where I've met so many of my really good friends. I would take more classes outside of my comfort zone, like computer science, and read more for fun. I would be more open to a more diverse student body, and I would have tried to learn more rather than just get good grades. College for me has been all that I had hoped plus more.

open-minded, someone who likes small classes and is not interested in varsity football or basketball. You get a great education for an amazing monetary value.

Phyllis

People who like a big school with a lot of students. People who dont like to go outside and look at the beautiful campus.

I would tell myself to study harder in my AP classes so I could get those extra credits and be able to register early for classes. I would tell myself to stay organized because I definitely need to get that back. I would tell myself to apply for colleges and scholarships at the beginning of the year so i would not worry about where my funding is coming from and if I have any at all. I would tell myself to have all the fun I can because in college for me, it's study,study,study. I would have also told myself to take summer classes so i can graduate early.

Christian

The Professionalism and Compassion the Staff have for their students and their educational experiece, as well as the students themselves promoting and mantaining a friendly, competitive, close academic and social atmosphere.

Simply to finish off High School as strongly as possible, and prepare to enter college life confidently, with a strong work ethic, an open mind and a warm heart.

Someone looking for a personal, rich and well developed educational experience at an enjoyable and fulfilling rate without the mass-productive sense of teaching students common to large schools.

Briana

Mary washington is a lovely campus full of great professors that are almost always easy to access and even after I have finished with a course, the past professors like to keep in touch and try to be available whenever I need help.

The worst thing about my school would be since we are are a division three school and we don't have a football team, the school spirit is rather lacking at times.

Start keeping a good schedule. Good time management is the best way not to fall behind in your work and studies at college. In high school the teachers remind when assignments are due, however in college, if they even say anything, the professors won?t tell you until maybe the day before. Another bit of advice is to find people in your class to study with. More often than not, they have thoughts and notes on the class that you might have over looked. Be sure when you move onto campus to keep an open mind. College is a lot bigger than high school and has a greater diversity. If you try not to be overly judgmental of different backgrounds and personalities, you stand a better chance of broadening your perspectives and not fighting with your roommate.

Rediet

not too big,not to small, it's just right.

not too big,not to small, it's just right.

Learn what enviroment goes well with you and don't get caught up with parties because it will always be there unlike that class you fail. Another thing I would advise myself to do is to pick classes late in the day rather than early in the morning.

I wish I had known that the school has very high expectations when it came to academics because it's very hard.

People who are not serious about school should not attend, the workload will throw you back if you are not prepared.

If I could talk to myself at that point in my life, I would tell myself to be open to new people and friends. But, more importantly do not overload yourself as you are making the adjustment from a small town high school to a collegiate atmosphere. The workload and expectations are very different, and room to to adjust is necessary.

The best thing about my university is the community.The size allows everyone to know everyone. Very Friendly.

Emmanuel

Although I am happy about my life now, I would be more happier if I could go back as a high school senior. I would stay home and put much effort towards the following: doing my assignments on time, reading frequently, and study enormously to enable me get full scholarship to attend one of most prestigious schools in the United States. I would not waste my time anymore to follow my friends to places that would not benefit me . I realized later in my life that whatever a man sows he would reap it later in the course of his life. The time spent on girl friends and numerious parties could have been spent towards my studies. I did abuse all the privilleges that my parents were offering to me and now I am paying more than double in terms of money, effort, time and to mention a few to do the same things I did abuse in some years ago. If were to be a high school senioer again, I would tell myself that the beautiful ones are not yet born and the real ones could be seen after college. Working and studying is a hard thing to do.

At liberty University I did not like it because the school is too political and not too Christian College. The school favors only Republican party. The did not get much help with some of the online courses that I took.

I have just transferred from liberty University to this school and as such I do not have experience with this current school.

Breon

The University of Mary Washington is a small liberal arts school, with a beautiful campus and a strong basis in academics.

I would advise my high school counterpart to never give up. What I mean by that is, when I was in high school, I barely applied for scholarships because I never thought that I would get them. I didn't have the confidence that I was good enough for anyone to award me any scholarships. At the senior awards night, the same people kept getting the scholarships because they were the only ones to apply for them. I could have have been one of those people had I continued applying for scholarships until I started recieving some. I would have also advised myself to start getting in the mindset of a college student. In high school, I would wait until the last minute to do a homework assignment, though ontime, and for some classes, I did not feel the need to study because I was good at that subject. I also never used a planner or agenda. All of these bad habits can lead to ones downfall in college. It is easy to forget the deadline of a paper or your work can build up quickly if you wait to the last minute to do your assignments.

I think that anyone looking for a party school should consider not attending the University of Mary Washington. Though there are parties at UMW, our school is very serious about academics and if students are not careful, they can easily lose focus, and once that happens, it is often difficult to catch up.

University of Mary Washington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.