University of Mary Washington

« See more reviews of University of Mary Washington

Small public school with a friendly campus body in a rather sleepy town... not a college or super college friendly town. Very small endowment fund which often seems to limit us in comparison to our fellow but larger state schools. Administration is ok... from personal experiance find them un-helpful and extremely frustrating to deal with. Food sucks, campus is very pretty. Lots of extracurricular clubs but almost no weekend life... very boring. Mostly good senior professors but also lots of bad adjunct prof. Do an overnight stay before you decide... even if its your 1st choice.. wich I had.

if you want a four college experience do not go here, people are very clicky and i lot of people then to trnasfer out. If you are not extreverted, this school is great for you. If you like going home on the weekends, this school is great for you. If you like to just watch movies and have like three friends then this school is great for you. But if you want greek life, go out and have amazing weekends, I repeat do not come here unless you have a car and a friend at vcu to visit.

I was very disappointed. I haven't learned much of anything or experienced a "college experience." The professors are extremely unhelpful and you are required to take an absurd amount of ridiculous classes. One I had to take told you how to make the sounds of consonants and vowels. We also had to howl daily in class. I'm not kidding.

Overall, I have enjoyed my experience here and feel that its many extracirriculars create a unique and stimulating environment. I wish, however, that there was a slightly more active social life here on campus and that the town of Fredericksburg worked to integrate us more fully--especially downtown where shops often close early.

U. Mary Washington is a place for people looking for a liberal arts education, and in that regard it is pretty well rounded; the campus is spread out and beautiful and the people are for the most part very friendly, professors are as well very approachable.

Mary washington is a lovely campus full of great professors that are almost always easy to access and even after I have finished with a course, the past professors like to keep in touch and try to be available whenever I need help.

University of Mary Washignton makes sure future teachers have the possibility to learn from the most updated material and research-based approaches and at the same time have practical experiences while still taking courses.

The University of Mary Washington is a wonderful small town school, convienently located near the nation's capital, filled with friendly students and caring professors.

Mary Washington is a quite and small school, where students get to know their professors on an individual basis, and it is a beautiful place to study.

A beautiful campus with very intelligent professors who encourage learning for learning's sake within a community of supportive individuals.