University of Mary Washington

« See more reviews of University of Mary Washington

Every single professor that I have had from day one still knows my name. Students probably study on a need to need basis. The best class I have taken was my freshmen seminar, I think every incoming freshmen should take one.

Art Department Head and Ceramics professor Lorene Nickel is fantastic. But she expects alot out of all levels of her students and is a very tough grader. She takes her students on a trip to her house, every semester.

The general education requirements are a hassle and usually are what screw people over in the end, whether it be GPA or lack of credits. The classes are not really hard, but some can be challenging

professors know your name, most of the time class participation is very common students are competive i spent alot of time with my professors outside of class( in a non sexual way)

I love the academics at UMW. I have had some great professors. I especially like that most of them get to know me and really care about what they are teaching.

easy for people who were hoping to attend higher ranked VA schools, harder for people who thought they would be happy at mason.

academics are good teachers care, classes are reasonably sized as well, some teachers are entirely too old to still be teaching

It's furstrating registering for classes because you end up taking classes that you don't need and are just a waste of time

Small classes and professors who are passionate about their subject make the demands of Academic life easier

I loved all my classes and the professors were awesome.