University of Mary Washington

« See more reviews of University of Mary Washington

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The biggest stereotypes about Mary Wash. is that we are a small school in a town where there is nothing to do, and that all the students are predominately Caucasian.

There are no minorities, that its just a white middle class school, there are no parties and everyone just studies all the time, there are no guys at UMW

UMW is small, so a lot of people think our school is dull, as in zero fun stuff to do on the weekends due to students returning home whenever they can.

All white, all women. The social scene isnt the same as a big school or one with greek life, so people think its dull. Everyone goes home on weekends.

A lot of people think that UMW is still all girls or at least mostly girls. I guess that some people still believe that a lot of "preps" go to UMW.

that it is the university of mostly whites, which it is. There are either artsy people or jocks at the school, not really anything between.

All women's school, very boring and non-college town, very 'frumpy' students (lazy, unprofessional, especially outward appearance).

1. UMW is one of the least diverse schools, and I think people draw conclusions based on that fact. 2. Everyone is preppy.

That UMW is mostly white and pretty much all girls.If you are a girl it is extremly hard to get in...not so much for guys.

I actually don't hear many stereotypes about UMW Students. I've heard yuppie, I've heard stuck up, and I've heard liberal.