University of Mary Washington Top Questions

The most frustrating thing about the University of Mary Washington was class registration and attempting to transfer credits from study abroad and test results. The office of the Registrar was often very crowded on registration day with students attempting to argue their way into classes, because many classes are offered in very few sections with few seats. Also, friends of mine who tried to transfer credits were sometimes never successful in getting them recognized, even though they came from legitimate sources.

The price for food is outrageous and the quality isn't the best.

Honestly, there's nothing that frustrating here than there would be in any other schools. Sometimes the internet is slow and the bookstore doesn't have the books that I need in stock, but those problems are rectified as soon as possible.

Emmanuel

At liberty University I did not like it because the school is too political and not too Christian College. The school favors only Republican party. The did not get much help with some of the online courses that I took.

N/A

The lack of attention and finances put towards the arts.

julie

The school offers very little engagin options for entertainment that don't involve parties and drinking. Most events, when offered, were of little interest to the students.

Drew

The administration was terrible. They were concerned with money, developments, size and business, not education.

THE "SAFETY" PROVIDED BY THE CAMPUS AND ESPECIALLY THE CITY POLICE. SECOND PLACE WOULD BE THE FRUSTRATION BETWEEN THE ADMINISTRATION AND STUDENTS/FACULTY.

I think the student body as a whole could use a little more extroversion and enthusiasm with regard to social life. Many students tend to go in search of the "big party" each weekend, and complain on Monday's if they didn't find it. I say, if you want to go to a big party, throw one.

bureaucracy

Marie

Residence Life. If there's a problem, thenit takesto long before the situation getson the adgenda of those working ResLife. When a situation is finally noticed, it takes too long for them to do anything, and more often than not, they just wait until the end of the semester when the living situation can be changed through more standard procedures. I don't appreciate waiting for them just because they're too lazy to do paperwork. When I come up with my own solution, they don't let me pursue it because it's not how they would do it.

It is so difficult for lower classmen to register for classes. I'm a double major and I'm going into my fourth semester with only one class that goes to my requirements.