University of Mary Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Mary

Jenna

University of Mary, in my opinion, can either be a perfect fit or it could be everything you didn't want in a college. If you are looking for the "college experience" then UMary is not for you. There are strict rules about pretty much everything you can think of. This can either be seen as a good thing because it means there is structure on campus or it can be seen as restraining to some. The campus is diverse and filled with all kinds of personalities so finding friends shouldn't be a concern! There is pretty much every sport available if you are interested in those! We just got a golf team this year! Personally, I recommend going to the hockey games because the stands are always filled and it's a lot of fun! Bismarck is not the worst place to go to college. It might seem like it's in the middle of nowhere but there is plenty of stuff in town and campus is a short drive to town. And I have to mention the view off the hill on the UMary campus is something you really can't see anywhere else.

I feel that it is an extremely safe school that creates a welcoming community feel. There is always something going on with a wide variety of options of things to do to get involved and make new friends. The Benedictine values that the University upholds truly make it an amazing university with values that make the community strong.

Maura

I believe that the University of Mary overall is remarkable. Professors teaching students their passions, but also teaching what it means to seek truth and goodness in this world. What it means to take your values and morals and place them into your future workplace, home, and anywhere that you may venture to next.

Callie

The University of Mary is an amazing university with their small class size, the amount that each professor cares for their students, and the size of their campus being just right. Their food is also amazing as well, and the tuition is one of the most affordable private colleges that I have seen.

Beth

This is a fantastic school and I would strongly strongly recommend highschool students to consider attending! I have had a fantastic experience. All the students are so friendly and inviting! I made so many friends my freshman year and I continue to meet and develop new friendships! The professors are truly amazing! They all go above and beyond to try and help students to excel. The spiritual life is excellent. The weekly Wednesday on campus Mass is always highly attended and it is so cool that a school reserves an hour during a school day where no classes can be scheduled so students can attend daily mass! Being a private college, it is very affordable.

Kate

University of Mary in Bismarck ND is an absolutely amazing place. The campus isn't beautiful. The views overlooking the bluffs of the Missouri River are breath taking. The faculty and staff of the school, led by the esteemible Monsingnor James P. Shea, poor their hearts, souls, hard work and talents into the education of the full person for their students at Mary. University of Mary is the greatest college in America, and I am eternally blessed and grateful to be a student here.

Antoinette

I love it! I'm obsessed with the small class sizes and how accessible and helpful the professors are. It's more than a school, it's a community. Everyone on campus is very welcoming and the campus is always alive! There's no end to the amazing opportunities offered.

Katie

For the most part, the professors here are great, the class sizes are great, and the environment is great. Campus is small and beautiful and the 24 hour eating area is amazing. The thing that needs to be worked on is the communication between the students and the administration.

Angela

I absolutely love the University of Mary. The campus has a beautiful sense of community and I can feel the growth of myself becoming a better person. The faculty treat every student with respect and are very approachable. I am so happy I chose to come to the University of Mary!

Morgan

I love it here. The University of Mary is a great college the professors are all wonderful so far and the food is amazing. The safety here leaves me always feeling incredibly safe. I do get a bit lonely sometimes, but my boyfriend of over two years is coming here next year and we are amazing.

The University of Mary is the perfect option if you are looking for an affordable yet private, Catholic liberal education. Many people who attend say that the community and truly Catholic values are what drew them here, but it is not an exclusively Catholic student body. We have NCAA Division II Athletics, study abroad options including a campus in Rome, and a 24/7, all you can eat dining center (yes, you read that right! And that's included with most basic meal plans). While the chilly North Dakota winds are probably the biggest drawback, the view overlooking the Missouri River as you walk to class everyday is pretty neat, and even better if you catch the sunset. The academic programs at the University of Mary help to prepare you to enter the workforce not just as a competent professional, but as a fully formed person. Their goal is to provide an education for the whole of life, and I certainly have found that in my time here thus far.

The University of Mary is an amazing school that I highly recommend! I have just finished my freshman year there and it has been one of the best years of my life. The faith community is great with opportunities of daily Mass. The crow's nest is also pretty lit.

Emma

I love the university of Mary. It has a great atmosphere and a wonderful administration that are Very willing to help the students. It feels like a small community where you can trust everyone. While it may be a bit farther from town, there are still great trails and food variety to try from