Baltimore, MD
University of Maryland, Baltimore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland, Baltimore

Christine

I love this campus. The nursing school is incredible, from the wonderful staff to the incredible teachers, to the food. I cannot wait to begin my journey here

Catherine

The program prepared me well for the demands of my career. Currently, I returned for a graduate program in nursing informatics, and it still remains one of the best programs in the country. I feel fortunate to be a part of its legacy as University of Maryland School of Nursing was founded in 1889 by Louisa Parsons, a graduate of the Nightingale Fund School at St. Thomas' Hospital in London.

Billy

It is one of the best institutions an international student would wish to be part of. The University is located in one of the richest states in the United States and has a rich culture and diversity.From times old, the university has stood the rest of times

Patricia

University of Maryland Baltimore is a school that can prepare you for your professional career. Located in a city, there are a variety of opportunities to get involved in the community as well as activities outside of school. Although Baltimore can be a daunting city, it really is "charm city" if you know the right places to look.

Soraya

You live near MC - a great community college. Go to it! They will give you a full scholarship because your grades are so high (huge savings). Just because you can get in to any school doesn't mean you should. Yes, your fellow honor students/professors have a prejudice against MC students, but who cares? The professors at MC are the same professors who teach at the surrounding private universities. All professors are NOT the same, and their teaching style WILL affect your grades, so use ratemyprofessor.com when choosing classes (but this applies to even the four year universities). Take advantage of study groups/tutoring, and if you have questions, then ask the professor during their office hours. Start studying early - you absolutely cannot procrastinate in college! Finally, study hard for the first test of a class because most science/math classes become more difficult as the course progresses; it is much easier getting an A on the first exam than getting an A in later exams, plus most of the material builds on the first exam's materials. If all else fails, Mega Millions numbers on 12/13/13 are 19/24/26/27/70/MB12.

I'm not sure since I haven't started. No one answers the phones in the Baltimore campus if you have any questions. They're kind of slow in making decisions/sending stuff out to new applicants.

It's the cheapest nursing BSN degree which makes it very competitive to get in.

Kimberly

University of Maryland has a flexible online program that allow full-time working adults to finish their education.

Overall, my college experience has taught me to think on a broader scale. Whether it's interacting with students in a classroom and students in the oline classroom, I was introduced to the different perspectives of thought from people of various cultures, backgrounds and beliefs. Since I am a Sociology major, I enjoyed hearing others' thoughts concerning human behavior. The professors pushed me to excel and to share my ideas as well. This helped me to become more confident in the information that was being taught and it showed them how well I processed the information given. I believe that the classes that I've taken so far have left me prepared me for the field that I want to enter and have given me a stepping stone to build upon.

A person who does not want to be challenged, especially if taking online courses. The online professors expect the same quality of work from students, so it takes a level of discipline to complete their classes.

David

Hard work, fun friends, sometimes hectic.

Hard work, fun friends, sometimes hectic.

There are a lot of things to do while on campus. Too many things to do sometimes.

To be honest, I would tell my "past self" to think extremely hard about attending college. I consider myself a very business oriented individual. Seeing as how many loans that I have accumulated through the years of college it would have potentially been more profitable to open a business and jump directly into the world of Business. But the future is always unknown so I have no idea if my business would have sunk or floated to bankruptcy or wealth. Given my current knowledge and experience, I have learned while attending college. I would tell my past self to attend college, however keep in mind that hard work, diligence, and above all else. Be honest with yourself along the way. College is in investment on your future so you must work hard at it.

Ben

UMBC is an ecletic and divers campus where a student can make the school thiers.

Keep in touch with your friends from high school, they will always have your back for you. Remember to always do your reading no matter how painful it will be. There will always be professors who have it out for you, just do their work and in twelve weeks you will be rid of them. Take every opportunity that presents itself; work on that internship, go skydiving, join the sailing club. The people you will meet on these adventures will most likely become your friends for life. Listen to your TA when they tell you their office hours, even if you don't go for classwork help they can give you great guidance on how to ace the final. most of all enjoy yourself. You will realize quickly money, friends, coursework, school, work, and family never seem to be able to exist together. SO always be able to laugh and enjoy what ever you are working on.

If a student lacks focus it can be very easy for them to not be able to do well at this school and turn a 4 year degree into a 6 year one.

Kalinda

Excellent learning environment, but you must remain focused in order to complete your education. For the typical undergraduate, it is a tough program, but not impossible. University of Maryland has opened a window for exposure to not only great nursing instructors, but excellent clinical environments that have aided in my education.

University of Maryland is ranked number 7 for best schools in nursing education. Compared to other schools with the BSN program which I was accepted, it is not a typical campus environment. The undergraduate and graduate nursing programs are on the graduate campus. Therefore, the BSN students are the only undergraduates on campus. Additionally, we have the largest clinical simulation lab in the country amongst nursing programs which has aided us in practical simulations as well as enabled us to have a smooth transition to the hospital environment.

I have a bit of a different perspective than most that may be applying for this scholarship. Attending University of Maryland for a Bachelor of Nursing degree is my second undergraduate degree. So, having been removed from high school for quite sometime and attending a university closer to home for my first degree gives me great perspective this time around. My first degree being from a big 10 university is priceless. My advice to myself would be to buckle down and try to find a balance between having a social life and academics. Focus, don't be afraid to stay true to yourself. It's okay to make a mistake here and there, you have so much life to look forward to, it's not the end of the world. The most important thing would be don't rush to graduate. I was so focused on graduating in 4 years, instead of taking the opportunity to change my major, I graduated with a degree I wasn't happy, which subsequently led me to where I am now. My most important advice would be don't be afraid to be who you are, you're a great person. Be confident.

Maegan

University of Baltimore offers Forensic Studies which has been my intrest since middle school. The atmosphere and people are warm, welcoming, & made me feel at home from day one.

Take all the help you can get. Doing the process of making the transition to college you need to surround yourself with people who have your best intrest at heart. Keep focused , because nothing is more important then your education. Without it you'll be no where.

The staff, students, etc. are here because they want to be. Thats a sign to me that its very interesting.

University of Maryland, Baltimore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.