University of Maryland-Baltimore County Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Ty

The social scene is most active on Thursday nights. There's a local club that is 18+ on Thursday nights for UMBC students and usually some parties. Friday night is almost as active. Fraternities and teams usually have parties on Friday nights and there is an event or two on campus scheduled every Friday. Saturday and Sunday are much different. Unless a performance is scheduled, there is very little to do on campus and the only dining options are the Dining Hall and Salsaritas. Sometimes the campus feels like a ghost town on the weekends because so many people go home or go visit friends at other colleges. There are parties and minor campus events, but the typical Saturday and Sunday are spent lounging around the dorm and hanging out with friends.

Ty

The social scene is most active on Thursday nights. There's a local club that is 18+ on Thursday nights for UMBC students and usually some parties. Friday night is almost as active. Fraternities and teams usually have parties on Friday nights and there is usually an event or two on campus scheduled every Friday. Saturday and Sunday are much different. Unless a performance is scheduled, there is very little to do on campus and the only dining options are the Dining Hall and Salsaritas. Sometimes the campus feels like a ghost town on the weekends because so many people go home or go visit friends at other colleges. There are parties and minor campus events, but the typical Saturday and Sunday are spent lounging around the dorm and hanging out with friends.