University of Maryland-Baltimore County

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-Baltimore County

Absolutely not!!! UMBC students are among the most spirited I have ever seen. They were some of the most excited students at the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Most of the freshman at UMBC are residents. Many of the current commuters live only a short drive from campus in the surrounding communities.

True and false. I would say that UMBC students have extra enthusiasm that students at other schools don't have when it comes to certain things, but we are not the stay in our room recluses that is generally though of. Our campus is very much alive.

Definitely not. UMBC is super-diverse and has plenty of people who live on campus, who party, and who are very smart. As for the school spirit part, we can have plenty of spirit like when UMBC went to the NCAA.

Well we care about are grades and take school seriously but we have fun too! While a lot of students do go home alot stay too, and as long as your with friends you can find something fun to do.

There are a lot of minorities, which makes the campus strong & gives it a diversity that many colleges & universities do not have. If you don't like diversity, it is not a place for you.

To an extent. People do go home on weekends no matter how you look at it. As far as not having fun...it depends on your definition of fun.

Yes. No one stays here on weekends, and the chess team has a better record than all the physical sports teams.

For some people yes, for others, not at all.

In some cases yes, others no

They're all wrong.